Stoned: one thing to consider. Army of Afrene will have a substantial "blue/cyan" color in their camo. Might rather alter north rebel pants to red/brown? ;)

Ahh. I just call it the ACM Module. Ambient(A) Civilian© Module(M) hehe.

I've heard ALICE around and figured it had something to do with the Ambient Civilians.

Trouble is, ACM is the Ambient Combat Module... so you'll probably get people confused.

One question - why are the PLA funding a resistance in the pro-communist Molatia? Would they not just fund the whole army?

IceBreakr: will you be reskinning vehicles and making up groups for the two factions or can you tie them into the insurgent and guerrilla faction vehicles in basic Arma? They'll be wanting some vehicles to haul around in. :)

BTW excellent work on the bug-fixes IceBreakr - you're getting them done very quickly :)

Yeah ACM (Ambient Combat Module) works great. :) Always did.

Stoned: one thing to consider. Army of Afrene will have a substantial "blue/cyan" color in their camo. Might rather alter north rebel pants to red/brown? ;)

will look into it, can you send a screenshot ?

hmm, on the other hand, why not creating a second south operating Rebel group with red/brown colors ?

...the M.R.A is locaded in the north, fighting a rebellion against the Molatian Army, but also dont like Afrenian troops so the colors would fit again...

Stoned

Red and Blue colours are not for this country. Why do they have so nice camuflage jackets than?

Stone I cant seem to join your server, says Im missing Molation_Resistance_army, can I have a link to this please, as I cant seem to find what it is that Im missing, Ive downloaded the island unless there was an update with this file?

Edited by Drew

@IceBreakr

thanks for a great island! Reminds me a little bit of Tonal Redux (by Ebud).

There are some little bugs:

Its not possible to walk into some houses. Or in the factory you cant go from room to room.

Tnx Kroky, if you have screenshots please post them here.

Towns get now nicely populated via Civilian module ALICE and empty vehicles appear too (SILVIE). But guys, I need help: when using custom buildings and I check building class it shows "NULL-Object", although building is placed via Visitor like any others. What am I missing?

null_wtf.jpg

When I spawn house via ingame editor the class is shown properly!

ok, here we go...

Intel reports about another rebel group, operating in the south part of the island, called the A.R.A (Afrenian Resistance Army). They are supported by a unknown warlord and use primary older opfor weapons. They are well skilled and have a rich experiance. Rumors about equipment deals including modern grenade launchers are defenetive not true.

But true is, that medics are responsible for blanco boots for the officers, Sniper`s for clean ears.

070110053816_ARA1.jpg

Stoned

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

Stone I cant seem to join your server, says Im missing Molation_Resistance_army, can I have a link to this please, as I cant seem to find what it is that Im missing, Ive downloaded the island unless there was an update with this file?

Hi Drew,

sorry for that, but this troops are not official released yet. This is because of testing and possible tips and or hints of the original autor (Shabazz) or Icebreaker.

Stoned

Edited by Stoned

ok, here we go...

Intel reports about another rebel group, operating in the south part of the island, called the A.R.A (Afrenian Resistance Army). They are supported by a unknown warlord and use primary older opfor weapons. They are well skilled and have a rich experiance. Rumors about equipment deals including modern grenade launchers are defenetive not true.

But true is, that medics are responsible for blanco boots for the officers, Sniper`s for clean ears.

Stoned

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

Hi Drew,

sorry for that, but this troops are not official released yet. This is because of testing and possible tips and or hints of the original autor (Shabazz) or Icebreaker.

Stoned

Look very nice :D hope they are released soon :bounce3:

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

Those look nice! Cant wait to download them! More variety!

Stoned: very nice, can you send over the link to them, we need to check for any errors? I also let Sahbazz know and will get back to you soon.

Does anyone know why my buildings don't have "House" property when I go over them in 2D Editor? This messed up Alice functions :/ plz help out so I can release new version asap.

ah that explains it Stoned, This is -Shinobi- here I play with u guys all the time :D

Excellent map (like all your other maps!)

Only issue is if I have AI groups in South and want them to invade the north crossing that river is a pain. Half the troops go for a swim and vehciles just get stuck in water. Any work around? If not, is it possible to have some narrow land connecting them for easier crossing.

Excellent work as usual!

CaptainBravo thanks. Regarding the crossing of the river I've noticed a high tide and low tide, so I need to figure out how to limit this. Sometimes theres more than 2 meters of water on E where the destroyed bridge is. For now, keep non-mechanized troops away from the river or start them in the no-mans buffer zone.

Stoned: very nice, can you send over the link to them, we need to check for any errors? I also let Sahbazz know and will get back to you soon.

a private message is send...

i dont know Icebreaker, I find the tide a nice twist. I ran it in fast time using the tree in the river just west of the main bridge as a guide. Tide runs 6 hour cycles from low to high (0630-1230-1830-0030). Its a great addition when playing fast time because it actually impacts tactically. I can see where it might be a pain in real time however. Wish I could help you with your building placement issue. eagerly awaiting next release.

Quick progress report:

v0.991

- ibr_rn.pbo is no longer required (dependency removed)

- different ground types now sound differently and bullet hits also sound diferrently

- added a dirtroad from central bridge to Djolan, for Afrenian border patrol purposes

- added new config for 12 major towns to make map compatible with Warfare and spawn modules

- added houses that spawn ALICE module civilians

- got rid of the missing black.pac file error

- added street lamps in major towns

- removed bargates from border, mission makers can make their own now

- added a dirt road on W isle leading to ruins

- runways and roads are now drawn to satellite map so they are visible on very high distances

IceB: sounding good m8. Removing the bargates is probably best rather than waste time on them while you've got more important issues to deal with.

Looking at what you've done, you can't be that far off the final release?? Again, you've amazed me at how quickly you've made progress.

Edit: that's a good point regarding tides, I'd consider that issue a bit more minor than you might otherwise - it makes it more realistic :)

Just put those signs up you were talking about, to warn of problems at high tides, and you'll be fine. :)

Edited by bfalcon

great map, the pathfinding could use some work though, especially over bridges.

great map, the pathfinding could use some work though, especially over bridges.

yes, there are some obstracles next to the bridge entrys, vehicles often get stock there...

...also as an example, the river pass east of Mawimbela, AI is so stupid, they wont follow the pass and sink left or right of it.

Stoned

Edited by Stoned

Quick progress report:

v0.991

- runways and roads are now drawn to satellite map so they are visible on very high distances

Ice,

Any plans to get AI to take off from Airports other than the main one in the South? Would be nice if they would taxi and take off properly, help with missions and so on.

Thanks, great map,

Vengeance