• No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Did anyone else noticed it?

0:47 - 0:51 - Covering behind a RED BARREL!:yay:

All I can see is my godness!

He is totally right!

But what to expect from a community, where they talk about

obessessed womans and georgians rather than the game itself on their irc.

Probably all these guys are losers in real life or simply

have no clue about military tactics. I feel somehow sorry for them.

Glad that I am here

And who would cover himself behind a red barrel anyway? But AI is intelligent, in this

game I'd blow myself up too.

Did anyone else noticed it?

0:47 - 0:51 - Covering behind a RED BARREL!:yay:

Reminds of my Raven Shield days... there was a terrorist behind a bulletproof glass window. In RvS, the AI would throw grenades if you were far away as opposed to shooting... I think you can figure out what happened next. :whistle:

Any word on the platform the video has been recorded from?

I was hoping for some details on system depth of the vehicles, weapons and equipment portrayed ingame .... as far as eye candy is concerned, i don't mind having a less populated and detailed sandbox, as long as it streams smoothly on the avg. system.

Despite all the negativity, I quite like what I'm seeing here. Since we know nothing of the console versions of Arma, it'll be a great addition to my 360 library.

Intel Quad Core 2.66Ghz

3 Gig RAM

ATI 3870 x2

according to the codemasters guy

lol the game has no graphical options for the pc version AND it has securom.

What a collossal flop and rape of a franchise.

Acog scops with flir? wtf is this?

The AI is dumb as tacks , worse then in arma by miles.

This game is the farcry 2 of this year.

its so sad that bohemia are going to get slaughtered in sales from less of a product.

Still looks like too much of an FPS Shooter for me , nothing like OFP.

To be fair though , probably 90% of the people that play Arma currently are probably better off with that sort of thing anyways.

I still hope all their promises don't turn out to be complete rubbish (which most likely will be the case) and people get another game to choose from.

Unless CM is going to show something different than what I can expect from those videos , I am going to stay with the BI OFP engine tho.

I just like it , despite BIS's silly way of doing things in the last 5 years.

lol the game has no graphical options for the pc version AND it has securom.

What a collossal flop and rape of a franchise.

The AI is dumb as tacks , worse then in arma by miles.

This game is the farcry 2 of this year.

its so sad that bohemia are going to get slaughtered in sales from less of a product.

They are wearing Flir goggles, looking through a acog scope. Flir is not built into the acog.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I've been a massive supporter of Bohemia but Arma2 have left me with a sour taste in the mouth with it's serious lack in optimization.

Will definately be demo'ing OFP.DR to see how smooth the game runs. Another thing I've noticed is the low quality in texture in DR which I believe will help the game run smoother without all the texture lag and render problems that ARMA2 engine consist.

Arma2 biggest mistake was falling into the trap of graphic whores. They have upped the Texture, especially on the ground, buildings, vehicles etc which I felt was already more than adaquate in Arma1. Their implementation of Bump Map texturing have taken it's toll on the already stretched out engine.

Another mistake in Arma2 was to not make the map into an island like Arma1, that way they could have avoided the dreaded continuous land at the north and west.

Another "preview".

Gamestar DR first impressions

Not much of an indepth preview, basically the reviewers subjective feel towards the game. Other than the command interface being more comfortable compared to OFP/ArmA, damage calculation being independant of difficulty setting, and player controlled AC being restricted to MP, there isn't any information on internal mechanics and complexity of the game.

The preview concludes that DR`s visuals do not stand up to the level advertised, but it's running fluid, even on a Laptop w/ 1GB RAM and 7600 GT, while still looking good.

Another "preview".

Gamestar DR first impressions

Not much of an indepth preview, basically the reviewers subjective feel towards the game. Other than the command interface being more comfortable compared to OFP/ArmA, damage calculation being independant of difficulty setting, and player controlled AC being restricted to MP, there isn't any information on internal mechanics and complexity of the game.

The preview concludes that DR`s visuals do not stand up to the level advertised, but it's running fluid, even on a Laptop w/ 1GB RAM and 7600 GT, while still looking good.

Interesting, I was pretty sure DR would be alot less resource hungry compared to Arma2, due to its low textures.

DR will never look as good as Arma2 or even Arma1 but if it plays well, with realistic bullet drop, penetration and convincing A.I , then it might be a very good game.

Judging by the preview its seems like a shallow but good game

My only gripe is that after a week you are doen with it and thats about it.

Well well see once the demo is out.

However for the sales a bit more casual OFP surely aint bad for CM.

Cause this ain't acog look at the mounted scope ...

[..]

Another mistake in Arma2 was to not make the map into an island like Arma1, that way they could have avoided the dreaded continuous land at the north and west.

For players it might be a wrong decision, for coders, procedural or chaos generated land is an absolute intresting topic. I could imagine that they have played around with it to make something like the following for their upcoming Carrier Command or so:

F-4OeWL1sCw

... i mean, they probably have ;)

gram.pl had some hands on what appears to be a press-release or preview version:

Machine translation of the article

Wow, the graphics look uber fail.

way too cartoonish and COD for me, will try the demo for the heck of it, ArmAII is the best and no other companies can compete with BI :yay:

My 2c....

The CM OFP II hardcore demo looks OK to me.... I'm a huge OFP fan that was seriously let down by ARMA. I played,I waited for the patch, I patched, I played, I waited and patched.... and so on.... in the end I just lost the will to continue so gave up. I didn't buy ARMA II because of my experience of Arma I(although have played it), I do think that I will buy DR my thinking is that "it HAS to be better than ARMA v1.0" - if it isn't well then I'm gonna be down €30, paid a heck of a lot more for the Arma SE.

I do think that CM have made the Hardcore video to appeal to fans of OFP, probably not to the guys that will stick to Arma I & II no matter what.

BIS have had 2 bites at the cherry and have failed to deliver

Watched it.

Liked it and hated it at the same time. The combat seems decent and the island seems ok to me. The recoil is horrible and unrealistic. Ordering your team seems easy. I like that your squad takes cover everywhere as they move up. This is a major lacking point in ArmA II.

The graphics are good in and of themselves and the effects are plentiful, but the low res textures (as well as low res everything period) really mess it up. Hopefully the PC version isn't dumbed down like consoles but judging by other ports from consoles to PC, I doubt it. I'd guess we get no real graphic options on PC.

The one thing that kills me is this constant trumpeting of "hardcore" mode. They say it's to appeal to original OFP fans. What made OFP hardcore wasn't a lack of a compass. It was the AI, the gameplay style, etc. You can't fake that by copying COD and making Hardcore mode take crosshairs and your compass of.

The AI seems much like the AI in the Brothers in Arms series, which can be a good or bad thing. I like that they take cover and can be surpressed. They didn't seem very good in open spaces though. The taking of the building was bad. So you storm in with a huge flashlight and the badguy sits there waiting to be shot in the corner. Then you turn and next to you is another bad guy (who had to of seen you as he came into the room) who doesn't bother to kill you but rather shoots out the door and waits to be killed.

Edited by bonchie

My 2c....

The CM OFP II hardcore demo looks OK to me.... I'm a huge OFP fan that was seriously let down by ARMA. I played,I waited for the patch, I patched, I played, I waited and patched.... and so on.... in the end I just lost the will to continue so gave up. I didn't buy ARMA II because of my experience of Arma I(although have played it), I do think that I will buy DR my thinking is that "it HAS to be better than ARMA v1.0" - if it isn't well then I'm gonna be down €30, paid a heck of a lot more for the Arma SE.

I do think that CM have made the Hardcore video to appeal to fans of OFP, probably not to the guys that will stick to Arma I & II no matter what.

BIS have had 2 bites at the cherry and have failed to deliver

Oh man, I have a feeling that you're gonna be so disappointed... but time will tell I guess.

Yeah, the Handbook of true Fanboyism says 'it can't be better than ArmA2 and even if...we don't believe it'. The reactions here are so far away from any attitude a true fan of the milsim genre would have (i.e. love to see two good games on the subject and hope the best for both companies and - as a result - for the gamers) that it's pointless to argue about it. Once this video and the other ones that will be released appear on Xbox Live CM can see the preorders jumping high I'm sure.

Yeah, the Handbook of true Fanboyism says 'it can't be better than ArmA2 and even if...we don't believe it'. The reactions here are so far away from any attitude a true fan of the milsim genre would have (i.e. love to see two good games on the subject and hope the best for both companies and - as a result - for the gamers) that it's pointless to argue about it. Once this video and the other ones that will be released appear on Xbox Live CM can see the preorders jumping high I'm sure.

Could'nt agree with you more. :thumbsup:

"Takes off fanboy hat.."

I dont know whats so bad about DR's graphics, back when we were all playing Operation Flashpoint Resistance the legendary comunity moto was that graphics were secondary...

The graphics in the trailer might not be Crysis alike but they look acceptable for this type of game and if the frame rate is good on a mid range system.. even better, also the lighting seemed rather nice.

The trees and assets are not of the highest detail but i didnt notice any LOD switching, im not embarassed to say that on my PC Arma 2 looks worse than Armed Assault 1, even if i bump everything to high (10/15 fps) i still get lots of buildings and trees in low resolution LOD.

Noticed some nice details, like working tac light, detailed weapon animations and such.. This trailer made me look forward to a demo actually.

"Takes off fanboy hat.."

I dont know whats so bad about DR's graphics, back when we were all playing Operation Flashpoint Resistance the legendary comunity moto was that graphics were secondary...

QFT. I must say though, ArmA 2's graphics are really impressive, to me at least, and I'm sure others must think the same. Obviously the secondary nature of graphics was only something that ran skin deep.

that graphics were secondary...

The gfx you refer to were top notch 10 years ago. Also back then the gameplay was really unique, never seen before, and out of everyones mind!

I don´t hold any grudge against FP2 at all (afar from dressing itself in insuited feathers), but the fact that PC gamers get a slightly pumped up console version doesn´t leave a very good feeling at all - and this is an understatement.

Just played a round of GRAW1 coop and to me it felt all like the high acclaimed FP2 teasers over and over again. Plain old, antiquated, underpowered shoot´em´up.

Oh well, it ran at 60 FPS all the time ... guess why? Certainly not because of genius developers.

But hooray for Binoc/ACOG FLIR - those things appear to be battery independent now - big step in technology :D