FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Armed with what looks an awful lot like a toy gun...

I don't know if the iron cross means he is a white supremist. However, there is certainly a reason he has it on the back of his hand!

Including an apparent "white supremacist" to help them record the gun sounds......

Because someone has an Iron Cross you call him a white supremacist? It's kinda refreshing to see you never fail to jump at opportunities that can be used to launch a little torpedo towards the Codies crew. Everything that could help to cast a damning light on them will be used, hm?

Here's another 'white supremacist' - I wonder if you know who that is...

738898.jpg

Grim

Grim, seriously. Placebo blatantly has his tongue firmly embedded in his cheek. It's probably lost on you.

The full version of the "hardcore" video is supposed to be released today.

Seems they're putting quite some effort into the sound department.

So, should I assume they did the same kind of work for the chinese and russian side as well?

So, should I assume they did the same kind of work for the chinese and russian side as well?

There is no Russian side.

Placebo blatantly has his tongue firmly embedded in his cheek.

Yeah, all the little smilies around the post, I see... Sorry, the atmo here is that anti-CM that such postings are just more of the very same. I find that disappointing to say the least. But even if you think that was a joke, it seems we don't laugh about the same things.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Back to topic:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/08/the-first-hour-of-operation-flashpoint-2/

Interview with Tim Brown:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cAVDROY96A&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cAVDROY96A&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Yeah, all the little smilies around the post

Fixed it for you, humble apologies.

And TBH Lemmy of Motorhead most certainly isn't someone I'd classify as personifying political correctness ;)

"'Hardcore' vid" seems not bad, but they still seem to think that having no HUD is the be all and end all and then still have stupid compass on when you command your team, and map markers.

hardcore video looks amazing imo, animations looks vastly superior to arma's

lets hope the gameplay turns out to be as good as the video suggests

lKAcjwln7Wk&hd=1

It definitely has some nice touches, but it's certainly got a few "problems", too. We'll have to see what the demo's like, and if mods can fix the simple things, such as the recoil, sway, dodgy animations (although some are nice), etc.. Not that Arma2 doesn't need the same treatment. Edited by SaBrE_UK

It looks stunning. Building assaullt, flashlight, FLIR, reload animation, easy-to-use command system, nice graphics... Wake up BiS!

There is no Russian side.

Apparently learning from the lessons of WW2, Afghanistan and Chechnya, the Russians have taken a massive dump on their national pride and outsourced the war fighting to the Americans, who seem more than willing to oblige for their former foes and declare war on their number one trade partner. It's a great storyline isnt it?

The video looks reasonably good... I prefer the ArmA 2 graphics, but that's entirely a matter of opinion.

Edited by echo1

No cows, no rabbits, no horses, and no shining roofs! Oh my, what we gonna do?

It seems, that Codemasters did good job and fulfilled all ArmA's issues and engine limitatnions like building (even if they are small), light effects and weapons.

"We're turning it right up to 11"

"Not even a compass"

YEAH! Hardcore mode! Real men don't use basic navigation tools, they just follow their balls... we're all going to be miners in DR. I fail to see how the lack of a compass, a basic tool of a soldier, increases hardcore mode... although then again I didn't see rambo use a compass... hmmm....

I must say it's looking more promising, but I still fear for the Flashpoint name. Lets hope progress continues and common sense prevails.

I think maybe what they meant was that the HUD compass was permanently disabled. I'd like to this a 'BIS' style compass that appears only when you press a button is still around.

"That game will blow us all away!"

Our objects are so cornered to use them as an advantage against

the enemies! If a grenade hits a guys head but has a mailfunction and

doesn't explode, a cornered quadrat makes more damage than a round one.

I wonder why their textures are so low. Not to mention the objects.

Also the object count is very low and that map looks unnatural (Not to blame on the

mapmakers when they have a object count in mind)

Now I know why there are no civilians in this island, I would not want to live

there too. From what I've seen there are not even streetlights

at the side of the street.

But real men use the moonlight to navigate through the towns at night.

Still I got to say, the AI is very smart. Not just the civilians,

also the wildlife and animals moved away. To say again, as bird I would not want to sit on such an ugly tree.

It doesn't look promising at all to me.

I wonder why their textures are so low. Not to mention the objects.

Also the object count is very low and that map looks unnatural (Not to blame on them mapmakers when they have a object count in mind)

I guess its the 360 version