FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

OFP: DR seems more and more interesting.

However, they still need to seriously focus on the SFX and on the fooliage.

I'm still getting the slight impression that something is damn screwed there.

Regards,

TB

What soldier has no compass? It's a basic survival tool you planks!

If you looked at last footages before bashing you'll know that the compass show up when you give orders to your teammates.

You call stupidity to a principle matter?

I'll never understand why some people are always so aggressive towards others ideas and ethics. Doesn't it also sound stupid?

No, but decide to boycott a game just because of the name it uses, is kinda ... "won't say more"

Edited by dunedain

If you looked at last footages before bashing you'll know that the compass show up when you give orders to your teammates.

No, but decide to boycott a game just because of the name it uses, is kinda ... "won't say more"

And that's realistic? I must order my men to know what direction im facing? Don't defend complete fails.

You'll just have to push a key ... why so agressive ?

Edited by dunedain

exactly my thought + i hate the lighting which is really awfull (shining cows, roofs and metal surfaces). In rl, i have never seen shiny metals like that.

That's not exactly lighting that has more to do with specular maps then the engines lighting system, as for metal roofs...well I can tell you I have seen and do infact have a roof that shines brightly over my head, I think the painter chose something too glossy and on the right days it's damn near blinding.

But that is more civy then military and to be expected however I rather dislike that the military vehicles are painted in gloss, yet since nobody seems to get that bit right these days (now if it's dirty that is excuseable on places of the dirt.)

Lighting issues are actually HDR issues, easily fixable if BIS don't sit on their bums.

Dunedain, it clearly states NO compass. They mention nothing of a button do they? If so then my bad, i must have missed it.

My version of the new take the beach video:

CopyCat..........oh.. wait:D

Looks way better than the OFP 2 version. :)

My thoughts also.

Dunedain, it clearly states NO compass. They mention nothing of a button do they? If so then my bad, i must have missed it.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxPGRBOxJA&hl=fr&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxPGRBOxJA&hl=fr&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This vid shows it well near 00.50

You can just maintain the command button to see the direction and then release it, not that different than in Arma.

That what happen when you design a game for a gamepad, looks not bad on DR anyway.

Edited by dunedain

both games are a dissapointment imo....so lets keep it nice guys :bounce3:

it's only a silly game and nobody is forcing you to buy it :p

Ok, fair enough DuneDain, my bad. It's still not a very "implemented" feature though, i don't think it has any real purpose as you magically know where you are on the map.

both games are a dissapointment imo....so lets keep it nice guys :bounce3:

it's only a silly game and nobody is forcing you to buy it :p

You hit the nail!

Lighting issues are actually HDR issues, easily fixable if BIS don't sit on their bums./QUOTE]

Ahh okay, if he said HDR that would have been different, I thought he meant something else.

drat I broke the quote D:

And what his behind that name, what implies, etc. There are some issues at stake here. We all know that.

I can understand that some people take this things to hard, after all it's just a game. But people are entitle to their believes and to their ethics even if we don't agree. And when someones called it a "matter of principle" it must be respected and not called stupid. I find that intolerant attitude, kinda... "won't say more"

I'm impressed by the new videos of beach and spec op mission. Still things I'm not liking the look of, but it seems each new video draws me closer to the game. However whatever the finale is, my purchase will be dependent on a demo. It was at the edge of the cliff, but appears to be backing away.

Nice pic there.. again.. we never see the source of those huge plooms of smoke

I don't understand your point, could you explain it, please?

Grim

Another low fidelity screenshot. Less than 50 trees all in all. The terrain looks rather bad IMO.

Bah, pass.

I don't understand your point, could you explain it, please?

Grim

That Phantom tower of smoke has been featured in screenshot after screenshot and video after video...yet we still haven't seen where it comes from or whether it is dynamic. It's always just over the next hill it seems.

That Phantom tower of smoke has been featured in screenshot after screenshot and video after video...yet we still haven't seen where it comes from or whether it is dynamic. It's always just over the next hill it seems.

Well, I don't think that a close up screenshot of a burning tank wreck or a burning house would be that interesting and that's probably the opinion of the dev team too. All the previews/hands on reviews I know about say that the smoke looks great and reacts to wind etc..

Bah, pass

Thank you for your opinion, have fun with ArmA2.

---

Just found:

RPS Interview

And yes I know folks will jump on 'All that said, this is a game that is challenging. As a console game, it’s very tough indeed. Not a simulation as such (...)' :D

Grim

Grim, stop being so awkward with your posts mate. And MehMan, broaden your horizons a little.

I have been very active on the CM forums lately, and things are looking quite good. Appart from the odd few, the community over there wants just as much realism as we do. I personally would love 2 games in this genra, the more the merrier!

It is looking very exciting I must say, but remember folks..

Arma 1 wasnt perfect so.. the community modded it

Arma 2 isnt perfect so... the comunity are modding

OFP 2, probably wont be perfect so.. the community will probably mod it.

:D

Sugz

We do not allow image/video quoting here.