Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Solus - There are several more PBOs in this one. Can you update the descriptions of what each do?

Great Mod !

Why is there a "safe weapon" action in the action menu?

"Ctrl x2" do the same thing...?

Sorry for my english.

With the new update it gets rid of the crosshair? what is the pbo that takes it away?

This is great. Hopefully you'll be able to check out Fabrizio T's work and produce something together.

With the new update it gets rid of the crosshair? what is the pbo that takes it away?

maybe "SLX_ModWeapons_NoCrosshairs.pbo" ? :)

Does is still crash now after some Minutes when there is too much going on?

Hi Solus - first great to see you are still here after all these years.

Now bug report:

Addon SLX_Turn Move.pbo requires addon Extended_Eventhandlers

of course I have installed the CBA addon. And the former version of SLX works great with 1.04 and with the latest beta 59928. Superb work btw!

Might this have to do something with the fact I updated CBA to 1.01?

Also there is a second error message when starting:

Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0

So I even cant start the game with the current SLX version :(

When starting the game with 1.04 59026 build the same addon dependency error occurs but there is no error about the pixel shader.

Thank you for supporting our community with your great mod!!

I was able to fix the laptop and continue work, but unfortunately/fortunately I can't reliably test anymore because my mission testing goes on so long without any bugs that the laptop is starting to overheat.

Hi Solus, nice to see your update.

About overheating: are you running latest beta 59928?

Just curious, i had my notebook overheating when running the latest 2 beta builds, never happened before.

Is it possible to turn the weapon aim on again when not looking down the sight?

Somehow the SLX changes break some mission or the intention of mission maker eg:

Trial by Fire - pilot and gunners of the UH-1Y did the job and killed most enemys. Disembarked and walked to all waypoints like on a holiday trip.

Counterattack - couldnt get out of the city because of stupid own AI teammates including careless T90 crew, devastating BMP(enemy) and attacking Hind(enemy). :confused:

Is it possible to get a addon dependency list for all SLX pbo's?

Hi Solus - first great to see you are still here after all these years.

Now bug report:

Addon SLX_Turn Move.pbo requires addon Extended_Eventhandlers

of course I have installed the CBA addon. And the former version of SLX works great with 1.04 and with the latest beta 59928. Superb work btw!

Might this have to do something with the fact I updated CBA to 1.01?

Also there is a second error message when starting:

Error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0

So I even cant start the game with the current SLX version :(

When starting the game with 1.04 59026 build the same addon dependency error occurs but there is no error about the pixel shader.

Thank you for supporting our community with your great mod!!

You probably have a ; after the last entry in your -mod= line I had this problem the other day with an island addon and i put -mod=beta;@Island; and got the same error but when I removed the last ; I could just start it normally.

@Solus: great work once more! If you set up a paypal donation account I'm sure you will be able to buy a new notebook in NO TIME! :P

Edited by ParaGraphic L

Bug report.

Replacing numbers of squad members in radio chat to phonetic alphabet - is not a good idea. For russian language, at least.

First - in Russian language exist Full names and Short names. Ivan-Vanja, Grigory-Grisha, Vladimir-Vova, Alexej - Liosha e.t.c. Full names using in oficial communications between people, or with unknown man. Commander in the battle never call a subordinate full name.

This is similar to american comander screams "Mister Pedro Maria-Diego-Sanches-Esteban Esq., if you do not complicate, take your attention, please, on this target! Thank you a lot, sir!" :D

I hope the analogy is clear:)

At Second - numbers 5 and 11 are replaced funny. Number "5" is replaced to Russian name "Irina". Irina is the woman name :)))

Number "11" is replaced to russian phonetic analog of latin letter J - letter Й or "Ivan Kratki". "Short Ivan" :)) "Short Ivan, back in the formation".

Therefore, replace, please, the names for numbers again :))

And thank you for awesome mod!

Edited by Dead Kennedy

Somehow the SLX changes break some mission or the intention of mission maker

Drat - I've started and saved with SLX so I can't go back now unless I start from scratch...?

Choppers will fire in SLX if a target is in sight unless the mission designer gives a Never Fire order I believe.

Just played a coop mission with a friend, using SLX. Went pretty smoothly, no choppiness or lag or any other weird thing. Had a great time with it, the only problem I had was that the extraction chopper didn't stay long enough and kept taking off, so I had to order my men to mount several times so it would go back. That's a behavior that I would like to be optional.

Edited by nicolas_br
Complementing post

@Solus: great work once more! If you set up a paypal donation account I'm sure you will be able to buy a new notebook in NO TIME! :P

Agreed. For all of the awesome fun you have brought us since OFP it would be well deserved.

Set it up mate :p

Agreed. For all of the awesome fun you have brought us since OFP it would be well deserved.

Set it up mate :p

with his talent he brings brain sort of to AI

all will pitch in

Bug report.

Replacing numbers of squad members in radio chat to phonetic alphabet - is not a good idea. For russian language, at least.

First - in Russian language exist Full names and Short names. Ivan-Vanja, Grigory-Grisha, Vladimir-Vova, Alexej - Liosha e.t.c. Full names using in oficial communications between people, or with unknown man. Commander in the battle never call a subordinate full name.

This is similar to american comander screams "Mister Pedro Maria-Diego-Sanches-Esteban Esq., if you do not complicate, take your attention, please, on this target! Thank you a lot, sir!" :D

I hope the analogy is clear:)

At Second - numbers 5 and 11 are replaced funny. Number "5" is replaced to Russian name "Irina". Irina is the woman name :)))

Number "11" is replaced to russian phonetic analog of latin letter J - letter Й or "Ivan Kratki". "Short Ivan" :)) "Short Ivan, back in the formation".

Therefore, replace, please, the names for numbers again :))

And thank you for awesome mod!

DO you know you can disable this feature? Just remove the SLX_Alpha_Team.pbo or the SLX_Alpha_Numbers.pbo from the addons folder. You get the old sytem back. Though I cant remember the specific filename, but I think it's the one with ALPHA in it.

On another note, I think SLX_GL3 is causing freeze up on my Comp. It happened after a while playing the game. Not mission.

Occasionally when throwing a grenade friendly AI will get stuck in a loop, just yelling "GRENADE" over and over, other than that, all running smoothly so far.