Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/14998909/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.7.rar

Changes:

-Tweaked bullet and shell sounds. Added long range bullet sound and pitch variations to short range sound. Possibly sounds more accurate.

-Packed PBO with fixed move to cover exec bug.

I tested JTD fire and smoke but I don't think things look too bad with both effects.

Kroky: Yeah, the first aid thing still shows up and I don't want to overwrite it so the A2 one can still function. What exactly was the situation where the specops surrendered when they shouldn't have? There are always conditions that can be checked for. You should also be able to tell the surrendered people to keep fighting, just go up to them and use the action. A disable surrender addon is also included. The AIs will still go after secondary weapons, although it could be made so they will go only if they are in engage at will combat mode.

Luigi Dictatore: I know, it's from when the AIs move to avoid getting shot as part of SLX_ShotEffects, but it doesn't happen all the time. There should be some kind of trend of when they move and warp.

Alex72: I know about the floating blood drops, it would be pretty difficult to make sure they never happen, and they're rare enough that it's not too big of a problem.

Jblack9: It could be that you just got lucky and were just taking minor injuries until they all finally caught up with you. Also sometimes under heavy lag all of the scripting slows down, and sometime the BIS handledamage EH doesn't go fast enough to actually do any damage, turning everyone invincible. It's pretty rare, and more optimizations should reduce the chances of this happening.

spangg: I can't reproduce your damage results. It could be FADE making your shots not hit, or you aren't aiming at them correctly, or you are hitting their arms sometimes.

Hey Solus, great mod have been using it since the OFP days, anyways what ever happened to that cool feature of being able to tell soldiers to join your group?

It was really cool when you could just walk up to a lonely soldier and tell them to follow you.

Anyways it's perfect without it as well, thanks for everything! Every release is so exciting.

Sorry if this one has been mentioned, but the RPT for me was spammed from start to finish with these 3 lines. Maybe not SLX, but i never have them without.

Error Undefined variable in expression: _aircraft

Error in expression <ot) && (alive _unit)) || (isNull driver _aircraft) || (getpos _aircraft select 2>

Error position: <_aircraft) || (getpos _aircraft select 2>

Alex

- How is it possible to turn off surrender globally or at least for own group?

Sometimes this feature causes problems to finish a mission when you are leading a small group of (let say) specops and the number of enemies is overwhelming. This way it is almost impossible to finish the mission.

In the new beta release there is an optional pbo to do just that.

I rather like the surrendering system. I was playing the first mission of the seal campaign and about 6 MVD guy surrendered :yay:

I like this mode very much, cause it adds a lot of good actions and atmosphere to the game.

Unfortunately I hardly use SLX Mod. First reason is because I encounter strange distorted sounds from the A-10. I tested without any other addons, only cba. When two A-10 fly over you attacking enemies, it sounds very odd. Sometimes you can hear the engine clear. Maybe it's a problem when they shoot.

Another problem is a missing sqs file: Scrip SLX_Wounds\s\SLX_MoveToCover.sqs not found. (Version 1.66)

I would also appreciate, if it was easier to remove certain functions more easy. Now if you remove one file, some script is missed by another file. So it needs a lot of testing, I need to remove more than I want.

Just tested Version 1.7. I can not confirm the missing SLX_MoveToCover.sqs problem on this, the sound problem remains. It was not there on the first versions I think.

Form v1.6, the RPT file created by slx mod became fat in size compared to that of v1.5.

Lots of errors are reported there. If I replace the slx_ai.pbo of v1.6/65/66/ with that of v1.5, the error rpt file is quite small. More errors in the rpt file, more lag the performence is. Hope this to be fixed. Thanks!

I just installed 1.7. The rifles sound all make this hissing/ripping noise. Is this intentional?

I love this mod... however with 1.7 i had to remove the weapons sound pbo as i got a weird distorted noise every time i used the Yak-B Gatling gun on the Mi-35 Hind...

also not sure if this is intentional but i can no longer drag wounded friendly soldiers that are not part of my squad... when i click drag i am stuck and cannot move.. but i am able to drag friendlies that are in my group squad..

Hey Solus, great mod have been using it since the OFP days, anyways what ever happened to that cool feature of being able to tell soldiers to join your group?

It was really cool when you could just walk up to a lonely soldier and tell them to follow you.

Anyways it's perfect without it as well, thanks for everything! Every release is so exciting.

@Solus

-Yes I'm missing this feature too.

-About telling the AI to keep on fighting...hmm never saw something like this in the action menu. Only toggle follow.

-What is the SLX_NoGibs addon supposed to do? What is No Gibs?

Edited by Kroky

Anybody notice soldiers just point their weapons up in the air? directed at nothing?

The AI won't walk when on safe/limited for some reason, not sure if it's been brought up before.

Sniper Pilot: It still works fine. You have to be a leader of at least one person, then walk up to another leader who has less people in their squad than you do and stand close. The action should appear.

Alex72: Thanks for spotting that, fixed!

Blaunarwal: The bombs sounded strange, they should sound better in the next version. Other than the bombs everything sounds the same.

xy20032004: It's a known bug from optimizations to the find cover function. Removing the optimizations would slow the game down more than the RPT file being written to. Just delete your RPT file every once in a while.

skooma: It is an attempt to get the sounds more like this:

http://dslyecxi.com/bf2_supersonic.html

Cossack8559: I cant reproduce the bug.

Kroky: Yes, use the take captive or toggle follow action. In the next version you will hit them and say "Hey! Fight!" from using either action. Gibs=dismemberment.

LJF: A limited/safe waypoint works for me, is it in some other situation?

After installing SLX v1.7, for some reason, when I a chicken with an M240, the chicken explodes and changes into a human torso and limbs! :D

Edited by Laqueesha

@Solus

After playing the War Welcome mission with SLX 1.7 I spotted a major problem:

- I it almost impossible to get the squad members to obey orders. Details:

- When ordering some of the members to board my APC they board and then dismount with move on their icons. Repeating the order brings the same result. When calling them back in formation they head for a short time to my direction and then again their got move on their icons and went away. I observed them a while but there was no special action they would perform.

Finally almost all my squad members were scattered around the map everybody doing what they wanted to do but just 2 members obeying the orders.

- Could you please add the optional addon like SLX_NoRearming?

(This also could have the effect of soldiers running away for picking up a weapon. VFAI does the job already very good, so there is no need for it.)

Edited by Kroky

@Solus: Dont know if the "bird flocking thing" is something you noticed yourself? I forgot to say it was on Everon (Sgt.ACE ARMA2 Island - not CAA1). The flocks of birds that are in the game from start they all fly to 1 point and sits down there. So after the flying ones, the ones that gets scared by you and the ones that get scared by AI and other things take off - they basically ALL fly down to sit in 1 particular spot. Its always the same spot as well (like a memory point on a map if that makes sense). No more birds excists in the game after that since they all sit in one place.

So when they have landed there they will never fly away from that spot. Only lift to head height if you walk there or shoot. When you leave they sit down again. Maybe only on Everon though? Will test other islands today.

First time i saw that huge flock - it was Hitchcock all over again...! :D

EDIT: Some lag spikes back in 1.7 (wich was gone in 1.6). Not the same predictable 1 sec freezes though like before 1.6. Also those extra sounds on weapons. They sound pretty good from distance, but its a bi weird when you hear them from your own weapon while shooting. I get 2 sounds so to speak. SOW weapon sound and then that upon it. Even though delayed slightly. I understand the idea, and i think its good. But not from my own weapon. But thats just my own opinion. :)

Keep the great work up!

Alex

Edited by Alex72

@Solus

After playing the War Welcome mission with SLX 1.7 I spotted a major problem:

- I it almost impossible to get the squad members to obey orders. Details:

- When ordering some of the members to board my APC they board and then dismount with move on their icons. Repeating the order brings the same result. When calling them back in formation they head for a short time to my direction and then again their got move on their icons and went away. I observed them a while but there was no special action they would perform.

Finally almost all my squad members were scattered around the map everybody doing what they wanted to do but just 2 members obeying the orders.

.)

I can confirm this as well. 2 of my guys kept getting 'orders' to move elsewhere and when I followed them on multiple times, it was usually to go drag an enemy who was mostly dead. I would follow them and shoot the injured (for testing purposes :p ) and then they would regroup. Another time I was busy fighting from a rooftop and had my AI squaddies below and noticed those same 2 guys had split again -1 had a 'Move' order while the other had a 'Mount' order and they had moved over 400m away.

anybody notice now cars ,truck etc. wont burn anymore only when is hit destroyed texture is on i doesnt burn

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

when i have slx mod off it works i dont know which pbo is responsible i tryed vhi. effects but its not that pbo.:banghead::pill::rage:

Edited by SuperRat

anybody notice now cars ,truck etc. wont burn anymore only when is hit destroyed texture is on i doesnt burn

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

when i have slx mod off it works i dont know which pbo is responsible i tryed vhi. effects but its not that pbo.:banghead::pill::rage:

Just tested, all cars and trucks burn and catch fire fine on mine... must be another mod you are using...

I can confirm this as well. 2 of my guys kept getting 'orders' to move elsewhere and when I followed them on multiple times, it was usually to go drag an enemy who was mostly dead. I would follow them and shoot the injured (for testing purposes ) and then they would regroup. Another time I was busy fighting from a rooftop and had my AI squaddies below and noticed those same 2 guys had split again -1 had a 'Move' order while the other had a 'Mount' order and they had moved over 400m away.
yeah no time to fight^^

if it's possible to give squadmembers default-ai and only the enemy and friendly units do use SLX features??optional

Edited by TeilX

could you tell me which is the .pbo that is controlling how many times enemy need to get hit before they are killed? Is this Impacts.pbo?

Solus, I've checked this 5 bullet to the torso issue again. From pretty close(~40m?) aiming through scope with a few us rifle to the enemies torso. (I've setup a test scenario on airfield with only me an 1 enemy on utes, so fade shouldn't be the cause on a quadcore running on 4 Ghz)

I needed 5 shots to kill. With a Russian soldier shooting with the new ak(107?) 1 shot was enough from this close distance.

It seems the us rifles are underpowered.

Haven't checked 1.7, this is all with 1.6x and before, but will check it again once get home from work and post the results back.

Edit: I don't use wounds and wounds_AIS, by the way! Does it matter in this case?

Edited by spangg
Forget to add:

Kroky: 3d optics: pick up an XM8 and look through the optics.

How did I miss this :eek:

Awesome! Anymore coming or am I just being greedy :D

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15006991/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.8.rar

Changes:

-Made birds land more smoothly.

-Fixed a script error in autorotation and findcover.

-Fixed bomb sound and tweaked artillery and cannon shell sound. All large caliber rounds have heavy supersonic sound.

-Made smoke columns taller, tweaked fire propagation.

-Added player surrendering addon. When the player uses the surrender action they will drop all of their weapons and surrender to the nearest enemy to be taken captive.

-Made player team members only surrender if the enemy has them in their sights. If they are hidden and stealthy then they shouldn't surrender.

-When a player uses one of the captive actions to free an ally and there are enemies around they hit them and tell them to fight. Players must not be captive.

-Made wounded people surrender if they are healed by friendly captives so the captors wont shoot them.

-Fixed surrendered animation body aiming.

-Removed human gibs from animal dismemberment.

-Only player team members that are in engage at will mode will go help people in other groups.

-Only player team members that are in engage at will mode or don't have a weapon will go pick up dropped weapons.

-Fixed time script error in move to cover sqf.

-Fixed script error in birds fly away.

-Optimized supersonic bullet sound.

-Made people only keep shouting contact if they can see the enemy.

Laqueesha: Thanks for spotting that!

Kroky: They seem to be obeying orders pretty well now in that mission. They will go do things in engage at will mode though.

Alex72: Sounds like the island isn't fully configured for the new zones thing, which will also make the other wild life not work. I'd say it's a map bug.

froggyluv: The AI should stick with your team now unless they are in engage at will mode. The 3d optics is just an example, someone would need to make/edit new models. It will work with any addon though.

SuperRat: Sometimes things don't catch on fire when destroyed. If they are repeatedly hit with something flamable, or hit in the fuel tank then they are more likely to burn.

maj_woody: It's in SLX Mod Veh Core.

spangg: It shouldn't matter too much if SLX_Wounds is not on. It might take more hits if the BIS injury system is active.