Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

John Williams for the WIN! :pistols:

He's such an epic composer.

BIS needs to really improve on there music the only tracks I liked from Arma 2

is Ghost Waltz, Harvest Red and Cold Wind. :)

Off subject but get some actual Marines and Native Americans to do Voice Overs, no more Koslowski abysmal writing no offense to him or the script writers :ok:

His music is great but I don't think it would fit well into Arma at all, movie-like scores can be used in games but only certain games or certain times, they have to fit the atmosphere.

Native Americans, zuh? If they do get anyone from any branch of the US military I hope they don't have them do the "typical" voices if you get my meaning.

I wouldn't say that they have wierd taste in music to not like it, everyone just likes different things, I like to sometimes listen to music from the Project Reality map loading screens while playing Armed Assault.

I like to sometimes listen to music from the Project Reality map loading screens while playing Armed Assault.

Same lol. Also I'm probably one of the few who think one of the good things that came from OFPDR was the menu music with the crazy oriental vocals.

Anywho, since nothing new has popped up about OA, how about something old. Has there been any word in regards to a possible change in how radar will be represented in OA, given that the screenshot of the Apache interior had no radar HUD like what you'd see in ArmA1 or ArmA2 thus far?

Same lol. Also I'm probably one of the few who think one of the good things that came from OFPDR was the menu music with the crazy oriental vocals.

Anywho, since nothing new has popped up about OA, how about something old. Has there been any word in regards to a possible change in how radar will be represented in OA, given that the screenshot of the Apache interior had no radar HUD like what you'd see in ArmA1 or ArmA2 thus far?

I haven't heard anything but its possible that in the screenshot it was just cropped out. BI tends not to do that but maybe they or someone did for some reason.

The QA with Jennik also mentioned HUD's etc. Dont know if this means that we will get more info in them, and if maybe MFD's will now work and show weapon stats, simple radar etc.

Who knows. Only BIS. :D

Anyway. The MFD's on the screenshots about the expansion pack are just looking amazing!

But generally, to have functional MFD's is less important than other parts of the game.

And these "other" parts with less bugs than the release version of Arma2 pls.

;-)

Right before the end of the show the reviewer comes to the studio all beaten up... claiming he got that for asking mil-sim creators too many stupid questions (my guess: he got hit by the Placebo-Hammer)

I'm innocent :yay:

I'm innocent :yay:

Who did it then? Don't tell me Maruk is responsible?! ;)

So far all OPFOR units in the screens are clean shaved. They need beards and big moustaches!

Durka durka damn it! :)

It's always the same guy, the other ones have their face hidden with turbans.

So far all OPFOR units in the screens are clean shaved. They need beards and big moustaches!

Durka durka damn it! :)

Good point, durka allah muhammed jihad! :)

It's always the same guy, the other ones have their face hidden with turbans.

Not sure how you can say that. The first guy standing with the RPG over his back is wearing some temperate pattern camouflage and a camo Pakul hat. The second guy, aiming the RPG is wearing a gray Pakul, desert camo, and a different color sweater.

The third guy, shown running towards some buildings with a rifle and an Apache in the top right, is wearing a chocolate chip field-jacket and a gray Pakul.

The photo with the CH-47 at the top shows 3 individuals, 2 are clearly wearing differen't clothes, and the third is a shadow.

Anyways, they could definitely use some scruffyness, but if they don't get it, that's okay too.

Given that those screens were taken pretty early on, I think we can be confident that BI will make a few more faces... ;)

Given that those screens were taken pretty early on, I think we can be confident that BI will make a few more faces... ;)

Yeah, but it's okay if they don't. I, at least, won't care that much.

Judging by my experience with the campaign in A2, patch 1.04, I wouldn't touch an expansion with a pole.

"One of your 4-man team has died, mission failed" (and terminated).

Solution: Order team to stay at base and do the mission alone. I watched one of them walk around a corner, spot an enemy APC and just stand there for over ten seconds until it noticed him and shot him dead. I can't be dealing with AI like that, not when it kills missions dead.

before 1.04 your team could die?? i dont like the fact that you cant lose a team member either, but considering you can save & have save points it shouldnt be that big a deal...i think OFP2 had a good solution of respawning at checkpoints but that would sorta get in the way of the realism factor in a big way.

I'm pretty sure OA is giving up on the "story" element where teammates can't die as they affect the story. You play as tank commanders, helicopter pilots and infantrymen in different roles.

before 1.04 your team could die?? i dont like the fact that you cant lose a team member either, but considering you can save & have save points it shouldnt be that big a deal...i think OFP2 had a good solution of respawning at checkpoints but that would sorta get in the way of the realism factor in a big way.

And it also kinda kills the atmosphere. :p

Nobody played the Resistance expantion?

If you lost men they would be lost for good, at some points you would be able to recruit new people but they would be rookies, if you managed to keep you men alive thru several missions they would become better fighters.. and it worked.

They could make something similar, but making it so that a high casualty rate aborts the mission, for realism sakes.. say you are squad leader and have 8 men in your squad, if you loose 4 its a 50% casualty rate, mission over? After a fly mission or an armoured one your squad gets new ppl and is back in business.

I just want good, tactical, infantry missions, couldnt care less about role playing or rts.. the ultimate combat simulation, ffs make it like that.

The Arma 2 campaign was an important learning experience for Bohemia, IMO. The whole Call Of Duty take on story telling and campaign was horrid, this in my opinion is by far the worst single player *campaign* experience i have ever had in a BI game.

The original flashpoint was absolutely epic, i wish we could go back to that!

For me the editor and multiplayer is what makes this game so good. But if i was to rate it purely on campaign, i don't know if i would even give it 1 out of 10.

The Arma 2 campaign was an important learning experience for Bohemia, IMO. The whole Call Of Duty take on story telling and campaign was horrid, this in my opinion is by far the worst single player *campaign* experience i have ever had in a BI game.

For me the editor and multiplayer is what makes this game so good. But if i was to rate it purely on campaign, i don't know if i would even give it 1 out of 10.

Could you elaborate a bit more of what you mean with COD in relation to arma2's campaign?

I found, aside from the warfare missions, that is was pretty good IMO. I loved the open-ended missions, Razor Two and Manhattan.

Manhattan, when it worked after a few patches, was one of the most immersive and detailed experiences I've had in a game.

I agree though. The original OFP campaign as a whole has never been matched by any gaming campaign that I've played. I think BI have learned from their mistakes though. They took a step foward in Arma2 and tryed some new stuff, some worked, some didn't. But they also went back to more narrative story telling and that was good.

From the sound of it, they are going back to the original OFP template. Cinematic storylines, playing as an army Grunt, playing several different charaters, etc. Should be good. Throw in some open-ended stuff to spice it up and you could have a superior experience to OFP1.

Edited by bonchie

True, wonder what keeps them from following the majoritys wish and make another campaign that you play as grunt, then specop, tanker and pilot, to ArmA2 that would have fitted perfectly.

Saddly the community isnt as active as in the OFP era when it comes to campaigns, just think of things like the Russian Retalliation Campaign makes me drool.