Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Well, a fully functional US army would be something that appeals to a very large group. Probably to a larger group than Russians, especially since we already have a pretty decent Russian force with which to make our own campaigns. As for the British Forces, realistically we would all prefer them over the Czech military but that is out of our hands.

Yes, I understand your point. As Czech I am glad there is czech army present in following expansion so my point is quite subjective. And I think it is natural. Surely german player would be glad for german army, canadian for canadian army danish for...etc. etc.

It would be nice to have broader international presence(similar to Afghanistan) but that would be really HUGE then.

I think one reason(and I think I even read it somewhere) why BIS decided to add czech soldiers is because they are Czechs too and this is their way to pay a tribute to czech soldiers serving in Afganistan.

If you put the British , you have to put the French and Germans who also buy the game in number

And this would be a lot of work for BI cause these countries have their own military equipment , it would oblige BI to modell their own tanks , heli , snipers , rifles , camos etc..

IMHO , it's better to get a fully represented US forces and Russian forces rather than having incomplete forces from more countries etc.. .

For BI it is less work probably , well it's just my opinion . To tell the truth , I would love to have British , French , German forces along US forces so we can reproduce NATO operations , but it would be a pity if these forces are incomplete or done in a haste by BI

Or maybe hopefully , BI could add the main European forces in future expansions ?

Ya, it is a shame the French finally started to bring in vehicles and fire support; otherwise it would be perfectly realistic just to have the soldiers. ;). I can't say BIS has done wrong by going with the Czech army, just that I would find more use for Brits (I bet most would). US Army is plenty of a treat though.

Anyone got a list of new vehicles?

Wiki says there will be a UH-1H too, is that confirmed anywhere?

And for which faction would that be?

thanks.

This definitely needs some new media attention, a preview or new screenshots, maybe even a set-up movie with some firefights and some atmospheric music ala BHD theme, anything!

Maybe see some of the new features at work :)

I think one reason(and I think I even read it somewhere) why BIS decided to add czech soldiers is because they are Czechs too and this is their way to pay a tribute to czech soldiers serving in Afganistan.

And also because they already have all the Czech voice files, it would cost a large amount of time and money to record everything over again in another language. :p

This definitely needs some new media attention, a preview or new screenshots, maybe even a set-up movie with some firefights and some atmospheric music ala BHD theme, anything!

Maybe see some of the new features at work :)

lol it's a shame Marc Streitenfeld or Clinton Shorter doesn't compose the music for BIS games, or you'd get something very cloe to that and then some.

@all, don't worry too much about no brits, hopefully i'll have that covered... maybe...

@all, don't worry too much about no brits, hopefully i'll have that covered... maybe...

Community has its faith on you :D

Thats cool man. :) All you have to do though is make room for making them compatible with the FLIR.

BOOO! This expansion pack uses the Army now for BLUFOR.
? You jarheads already have ARMA2(lol), its time for fun guns and cool camo (the chicks dig it!).

:p

? You jarheads already have ARMA2(lol), its time for fun guns and cool camo (the chicks dig it!).

:p

ACU is pretty lame looking to be honest, gray camo in a desert environment, GREAT idea!

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

;1462709']We have little birds. :p

We have big birds... :D

Actually, the 3rd generation ARPAT is quite a bit more olive and tan. Originally, ACU was meant to have a ton of different colors, and certain ones would show up in different lights. The first generation was crap (the bright grey and blue). The second generation got rid of all the gray and blue and replaced with a pure tan and green scheme. This third generation has reimplemented the gray but at a lesser tone. The effect now is a decent camo in all environments. Once the camo gets dirty, ACU becomes almost perfect in color. Take a look at the ACU of people that have been in Afghan for a while, it matches just as well as the Desert MARPAT.

As for the Army. I will be happy to have some more tough units. The Marines are all about violence of action and breakthroughs (which has proven to be more effective than the slower Army doctrine). A Bradley vehicle with a heavy mout squad will make for a great defend the hill type mission.

Little Birds: People freak out over these far too much. Put down the Blackhawk down movie for a bit guys. While Little Birds have found a small niche within both the Army and Navy, the frequency of their use is pretty small. Most special forces insert with hmmves or Chinooks. Ill take the UH-1Y over the MH-6 anyday. Also, No. The recent attack on the terrorist in Somalia does not prove the Little Bird sees a lot of activity.

Going back to the backpacks, I don't think they should slow you down too much. I can run with a 10-15kg pack just as well as I can without one, except for the very fast dashes of course, which you can't do in arma 2 anyway. Only thing it should do is make you get tired faster if you sprint since you can run infinitely in arma 2. It would be nice if you couldn't do a roll with a backpack, but I don't understand why you shouldn't be able to go prone as someone suggested, it's merely an assault pack afterall.

We don't know if it's an assault pack. I was more refering to the MOLLE (current), ALICE (obsolete), and ILBE (current or future, not sure) packs. Considering about 60kg/120lbs ILBE backpack (with a detachable assault pack, just to make thing even more complex :D), the only times you would go prone with it was if you fell :) I saw a utube video of some soldier in barracks who had big problems getting upright with a big backpack on, but I've lost track of it. Then again, you wouldn't be carrying much spare clothing in Arma, so it might be used to carry insane amounts of ammo. Which is why I want the prone penalty.

Iirc from Arma1/ACE, the engine wouldn't support slowing down animations, so the blackout system was introduced instead to prevent exploits when exhausted, and was disliked by many (not me).

Whatever backpack is made, great care should be made to prevent any unrealistic exploitations of the system. I would also like the machinegunner and .50 cal sniper weapons have their ammo take up an additional slot. For the same reason. Especially if we now get backpacks. Choose the backpack and get more ammo but loose some abilities, it's up to you what you like best :)

If assault pack, then loose ability to sprint and roll. If bigger backpack, you also loose ability to go prone. If you *do* go prone (i.e. injured in leg and try to move will make you drop), you can't get up until you drop your pack. Inconvenient? Yes sir. Makes you think twice before using it in combat? That's the idea.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I'm going to buy this new expansion, but I wish Bis would do some more campaigns for the origianl.

I would pay a small fee for extra campaigns for the original, since I no Bis need to get the cash to fund thir work. I would love a full campaign as a pilot and as a regular marine.

I'm going to buy this new expansion, but I wish Bis would do some more campaigns for the origianl.

I would pay a small fee for extra campaigns for the original, since I no Bis need to get the cash to fund thir work. I would love a full campaign as a pilot and as a regular marine.

If you want something for ARMA2 take it to the suggestion section. ;)

Also there IS a mini campaign coming this month for ARMA2 made by Gaia (BIS employee). Its not an official campaign, but Gaia made for example missions in OFP and they were very cool. Check it out if you havent: EW Campaign website and EW Campaign BIS forum thread

And about the backpacks:

Yep i hope there will be some smart penalties with them. Exploiting is baaad!

I just had to post this image of the DR credits that Dmakatra posted in the DR thread.

I'm not a big fan of of CM but this was pretty funny(see hes desktop in the background) :)

091014sion.JPG

Lets NOT start discussing DR here though. BI: we are starving for more teasers! :)

Edited by sparks50

lol it's a shame Marc Streitenfeld or Clinton Shorter doesn't compose the music for BIS games, or you'd get something very cloe to that and then some.

Or Bill Brown who also made the music for games like the original Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear (Rogue Spear's music is still fucking epic, sometimes just makes me start up the game and do nothing but stay in main menu to listen to it), or Ghost Recon's music etc.

Basically every Red Storm title you can think of :)

John Williams for the WIN! :pistols:

He's such an epic composer.

BIS needs to really improve on there music the only tracks I liked from Arma 2

is Ghost Waltz, Harvest Red and Cold Wind. :)

Off subject but get some actual Marines and Native Americans to do Voice Overs, no more Koslowski abysmal writing no offense to him or the script writers :ok:

lol you guys DO have a weird taste not to like the music in BI games(except ARMA1), no wonder someone will like music from OFP:DR(which is a complete NO NO for me)

while I do like RS music, music in ARMA2 are not bad at all(if they could compress them better that is, the current one is too low sound quality)

If you want something for ARMA2 take it to the suggestion section. ;)

Also there IS a mini campaign coming this month for ARMA2 made by Gaia (BIS employee). Its not an official campaign, but Gaia made for example missions in OFP and they were very cool. Check it out if you havent: EW Campaign website and EW Campaign BIS forum thread

And about the backpacks:

Yep i hope there will be some smart penalties with them. Exploiting is baaad!

Sweet i'll definatly check out that campaign, just wish there were more of them, there is obviously so much effort put into the units and island, shame they are not put to more use. It would be cool by me if BI did some DLC similar to how rockstar have for GTA 4, new stories using the existing world, would save on production costs and ern BI a bit more money to invest back into the product.

Beside the US Army and mabe some NATO, the Marines in the awesome desert pattern will make it?

Just love that camouflage.

Beside the US Army and mabe some NATO, the Marines in the awesome desert pattern will make it?

Just love that camouflage.

If not why not import them from the arma 2 mods. I allready have the desert m1a1 (which is so much better then the stock one and the ones with the nato camo as well) and i,ve allready seen some marines with desert uniforms in teh mod sections