Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

other examples, a statue of AnimalMother inside one of the Takistani houses, or a poster of him.

um, thank you? :hehe:

Since when was there a new knifing melee?

Yeah, I must have missed it to. Where? :confused:

Pretty sure that's a troll-post, he's parodying his own previous requests.

Pretty sure that's a troll-post, he's parodying his own previous requests.

Ahh, I see.

Make sure the new "knifing melee" cant destory a building instantly like the M203 was able to
Yeah, I must have missed it to. Where?

his ASS

I could of swore I translated it from the gamestar preview.

successful troll is successful

This is still a discussion thread, if you want news go to the press thread.

I could of swore I translated it from the gamestar preview.

successful troll is successful

This is still a discussion thread, if you want news go to the press thread.

But its still not a make up BS thread.

I actually like the Idea of Easter Egs regarding "that other Game"^^

I actually like the Idea of Easter Egs regarding "that other Game"^^

*Easter Egs: Nice if you spot one, boring if you see it the next time.

*An oldtimer bug getting fixed: Nice if you spot it for the first time, a big smile if you never spot the old bug again.

I know what i would be working on...but BIS call.

As a mather of fact, maybe you guys are blind, but the hole OA expansion is a big easter eg mokking with 'that other game'.

If you can't see why, you better relook the released footage and pics. Plenty of easter egs (stuff that was in 'zhe other game', but now in most cases better).

OA is supposed to have what BIS term a third generation rendering engine, does this imply that it is substantially different from the Arma2 engine, and would this new engine have a DX11 renderer?

OA is supposed to have what BIS term a third generation rendering engine, does this imply that it is substantially different from the Arma2 engine, and would this new engine have a DX11 renderer?

I think they're referring to the third generation of their engine.

RV1 = Operation Flashpoint

RV2 = ArmA

RV3 = Arma2 + Operation Arrowhead

I think they're referring to the third generation of their engine.

Well, shouldn't Operation Arrowhead be referred to as RV 3.1 as it is an upgraded version of the original Real Virtuality engine used in the vanilla version of ArmA 2? :confused:

Well, shouldn't Operation Arrowhead be referred to as RV 3.1 as it is an upgraded version of the original Real Virtuality engine used in the vanilla version of ArmA 2? :confused:

Sure, why not? :)

But who cares?

Is there anything official about which countries has units in AO, until now i have seen US, German, Takistan, Militia, Guerilla, Chech, United Nations and if i remember correct some russians... But do we know of any others...

The KSK looks very nice...

cheers guys, any news on dx11?

Nope, but if you google "bloody unlikely" I'm sure the possibility of DX11 on OA will pop up in the results somewhere. ;)

But who cares?

Right, my bad. :p

Is there anything official about which countries has units in AO, until now i have seen US, German, Takistan, Militia, Guerilla, Chech, United Nations and if i remember correct some russians... But do we know of any others. The KSK looks very nice.

Personally, I'd like to see some British, Australian or Dutch units in Operation Arrowhead, but since there's already several factions; I don't see the developers making any more, therefore we should be happy with what we're getting because we are getting a lot. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

we should be happy with what we're getting because we are getting a lot. ;)

+1 ;)

Personally, I'd like to see some British, Australian or Dutch units in Operation Arrowhead, but since there's already several factions; I don't see the developers making any more, therefore we should be happy with what we're getting because we are getting a lot. ;)

Well that's the thing, Bohemia have modeled pretty much the entire UK and Australian forces already. It's a shame we can't have them.

Well that's the thing, Bohemia have modeled pretty much the entire UK and Australian forces already. It's a shame we can't have them.

Yeah, they should totally destroy their premium product line by including all its content for free in their consumer product which will then review so much better with all those previous-gen, sans-shader models in it.

These whole models of VBS2 would look super ugly, please not!

it does focus on performance and not beauty!

http://www.meridian4.com/games/arma2/index.html

Game page for the North American distributor. The North American box art can be seen on the page.

arma2_home.jpg

There will also be a bundle released by the aforementioned distributor, similar to ArmA 1: Gold. It will be called ArmA 2: Combined Operations.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/04/26/meridian4-to-publish-arma-ii-expansion-and-new-collection/

System requirements for Operation Arrowhead below.

Windows XP/Vista/W7

Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

1 GB (2 GB for Multiplayer)

DirectX 9.0c

Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

10GB free disk space

Edited by Laqueesha

IIRC, Project UKF and RKSL actually modelled most of the gear for BIS.

Regarding the UN troops . They look dark'ish skinned to me , so they might be from somewhere in ASIA . Just saying.