Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

OA @ UK Presser next two days :)

Nice, looking forward to it :)

Does that mean that game has gone gold or that some unknown (for me) UK Presser-magazine has an article coming? :)

I'm interested in those new HMMWVs. I'm totally going to be driving around in those non-stop in warfare like I do in ArmA 2. HMMWV m2 + me + m136 man + saw man + corpsman = win The turret isn't protected though, so occasionally I lose a man.

Can the M2 or M3 (Whatever...) Bradley take a direct RPG-7 hit without casualties?

I'm interested in those new HMMWVs. I'm totally going to be driving around in those non-stop in warfare like I do in ArmA 2. HMMWV m2 + me + m136 man + saw man + corpsman = win The turret isn't protected though, so occasionally I lose a man.

Can the M2 or M3 (Whatever...) Bradley take a direct RPG-7 hit without casualties?

In real life, yes. There's even a video from Iraq of it happening. In game, we can only hope.

Nice, looking forward to it :)

I find it amusing, that you of all people (by looking at your sig) you called it "nice" :D

Cant wait for the more info, I really want to know how to big city map runs, since Chernogorsk is a FPS hell, and its maybe like 1km wide, pretty nondetailed city, but the Huge city in OA has 90% of buildings enterable, more detail and shit.. :butbut:

I am afraid...

Buildings. Many of them. Many MORE of them. yep, point taken.

I just try to imagine again, how the AI will handle this, since buildings are overall useless for them. They have to change the AI in many ways, also the change from the beta patch will make them organizing larger house partys...

1: All regroup!

2: Im at the houseparty, Grid 3,4,5,0,9 Cannot regroup yet!

I think bradley will be like BMP3 class vehicle so most likely 2 hits to destroy it with PG7VL or 1 hit with R.

I find it amusing, that you of all people (by looking at your sig) you called it "nice" :D

Ha, I almost forgot that "nice" does no longer stand for a statement of honest and pleasant surprise...:p Oh well...

A bit of

OA @ UK Presser
With my scones an tea darling?

:D Looking forward to it. The party has just begun!

Hardly backbreaking work to check them out.

I lost a few pounds just looking for some OA news. Its some difficult stuff. :rolleyes:

Anyways, OT I cant wait to see what Saturday brings. :D

I am not expecting much from the Saturday. It probably covers stuff we allready know, like plot and some vehicles and gameplay feature changes.

Twitter update:

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead's DVD box is almost done. We will release the package artwork very soon!

Woot!

I cant wait to see what it looks like. After my last ordeal with Steam I'm not buying from then anymore, I love the program, I just dont like the company.

Anyways, I want the OA Box so I will always remember it. :P

i cant say im real pumped to see the box art. i mean, i think we can guess what it will look like. some SF looking guy looking hooah and manly in a fire fight (probably similar to the YT background).

ironically i think the "no box art" place holder from before arma2 was released was the best box art. it was simply a black background with a large white/metal/red ARMAII written on it.

it was bold, confident, and mysterious. didnt look like it was trying to draw the eye with some silly flashy over cluttered picture

ill bet i am in the minority opinion though

Edited by That guy

For the sake of sales, I do not hope it's a similar box art equivalent to ArmA: Armed Assault or ArmA: Queen's Gambit. Original ArmA II box art from 505 was quite good.

Whatever it is, it's not up to me. ;)

Glad to see some more info coming up. :D

I was sure of this was it as well. I guess it wasn't.

Twitter - IDEA Games

Creation of marketing materials is always a hard job :) however this time we will have something really nice. We will post more info soon

More then info from UK and box art? :notify:

Edited by colossus

Lol

Arma going Gold

Thats an oxymoron.

Lets hope I wont get 10 FPS in the OA city like I do when I play harvest red going through Chernogorsk. Yuck.

Here's what I'm confused about: Is ACE going to delete it's own Little Bird heli's and strykers when arrowhead comes out with it's own? I hope so... ACE stuff is great, but I'm sure BI will be making them better.

Hopefully now servers will stop hosting on Duala... I don't like those.

Here's what I'm confused about: Is ACE going to delete it's own Little Bird heli's and strykers when arrowhead comes out with it's own? I hope so... ACE stuff is great, but I'm sure BI will be making them better.

Hopefully now servers will stop hosting on Duala... I don't like those.

Thermal vision features will probably need new editing software, so IMO pushing ACEX up to OA standards may take some time.

I like Duala thanks to decent FPS. For now I just hope that I will be able to play OA a bit without buying new CPU ;)

Edited by zGuba