Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

So now, we have to wait for another 4 months for this Czech TV to bring another 10 min footage

"Oh Great BI"

yeah im disappointed in the last footage, not even ten minutes more like 4 minutes of actual footage, even then its crappy quality since they're filming a damn monitor.

When I first signed up here in August, the devs were constantly on here talking asking for feedback and everything which is really rare, anyways just shows how swamp BIS is on this project, maybe they can get there PR man Jan to give us some new once in a while I mean theres been ZERO new screenshots since they announced it!

Also I think they should open up a subforum for strictly Operation Arrowhead sicne more people come to this thread for NEWS NOT SPECULATION

Maybe BIS can conduct a census or something to see what the players want the most in the expansion or future expansions/products those kind of things are fun.

BIS please open subforum and give us like a monthly batch of screenshots to drool over please.

I doubt BI will change camouflage.

ACU IBAs made their advent very early in the piece when ArmA was being designed, and yet, we still got crappy BDU ones at the other end. Plus, if memory serves, the US troops are being made by a contractor...

IMHO switching the camo layer from ACU to MC provides the perfect reason for Binkowski's units to co-exist alongside BI's (however much he might not be a fan of MC himself).

Face it, from a purely aesthetic standpoint, the ACU's universal camouflage pattern looks much better than Crye's MultiCam ever will. :D

Gray and dark gray.

I like Multicam's look. I'm sure that if BIS don't make the units wear Multicam, someone will. Well, someone will no matter if BIS do it. :p

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead update: Fresh news from Takistani countryside. Designers started remembering villages by names, most places are done, and the mountainous scenery is simply stunning :)

From IDEA Games Facebook today. :thumbsup:

I might not get this just because it only features the US Army. I want Marines too, and some other sides like British, Germany, Dutch, French, etc...

ArmA II has Marines... :rolleyes:

Plus - British, German and Dutch troops have already been made for ArmA II by the community, and I'm sure they'll work just how they should in OA.

I might not get this just because it only features the US Army. I want Marines too, and some other sides like British, Germany, Dutch, French, etc...

OA is going to be stand alone, it will not require Arma II however if you do have Arma II you can use assets from both games in OA, therefore you can have both US Army and US Marines.

Originally Posted by IDEA Games

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead update: Fresh news from Takistani countryside. Designers started remembering villages by names, most places are done, and the mountainous scenery is simply stunning

and what does that mean?:confused:

I would love some screen shots if possible BI

Edited by itsme

and what does that mean?:confused:

I would love some screen shots if possible BI

it means that the villages are done and they also put the names. In other words, island is almost ready.

it means that the villages are done and they also put the names. In other words, island is almost ready.

yeah but it means there is still a long way to go, like the making of the campaign, the sound, the testing etc

oh well, I hope the rest are almost ready too

Actually, I think it means they were done a while ago and the designers now almost know the map from top of their heads.

Actually, I think it means they were done a while ago and the designers now almost know the map from top of their heads.

Why did he use such an ambiguous phrase? cant we even get a proper update BI with simple words and meanings? we know you're eloquent enough, we're not asking for much here:mad:

Edited by itsme

Why did he use such an ambiguous phrase? cant we even get a proper update BI with simple words and meanings? we know you're eloquent enough, we're not asking for much here:mad:

Type your reply in Czech and maybe you'll have some idea. :)

Edited by DMarkwick

awesome news from the facebook page, um but cant they snap us like 4 screenshots, I do it all the time when playing takes like 5 seconds

A FLIR shot (headshot!!)

The player ontop of the mountain range looking down towards a village calling in Arty

A bradley Shot

some scenery pics!

Come on BIS, you guys are teasing all of us here. :o

Type your reply in Czech and maybe you'll have some idea. :)

here

ProÄ se používají takové dvojznaÄné fráze? cant dokonce jsme si vlastní BI aktualizace s jednoduchými slovy a významy? Víme, že jste dostateÄnÄ› výmluvný, že nejsme s žádostí o moc zde

Now, where is this "some idea"!!..ermmm..nah cant find it:confused::mad:

here

ProÄ se používají takové dvojznaÄné fráze? cant dokonce jsme si vlastní BI aktualizace s jednoduchými slovy a významy? Víme, že jste dostateÄnÄ› výmluvný, že nejsme s žádostí o moc zde

Now, where is this "some idea"!!..ermmm..nah cant find it:confused::mad:

EL O EL

actually it would be smarter to go posting on IDEA games facebook or twit er

since there the publisher.

news plz :) It's been way too long since the arrowhead page was updated, grrr :P

"Why are ambiguous phrases used? cant even we are own BI updates with simple words and meanings? We know that you are eloquent enough, that we are not with request of a lot here."

I don't think BIS is doing that bad ;)

"Why are ambiguous phrases used? cant even we are own BI updates with simple words and meanings? We know that you are eloquent enough, that we are not with request of a lot here."

I don't think BIS is doing that bad ;)

loool google's bad:D

Look at it that way : We had no news... Now we have "almost" news. Though nobody understands exactly what it means, it can fuel more speculation... precisely what this thread is about, isn't it ?

No we are 100% sure the villages will have names and there will be moutains...

Who needs anything more ?

gimmi some fucking news dammit.

etc etc...