Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Meh, actually I'd rather get more written information than a trailer. I mean IMO a trailer would just be eye candy... you'd watch it and say "Oooh" and "Ahhh" and that's it. But a complete list of new features/etc. would give you something to really look forward to/talk about. My opinion at least.

Well, both would be good. Or maybe even a long features trailer, with all the goodies displayed.

*wakes up*

Thus stopping them from whining until its out. .

nothing stops the whining. wish something would but it's endemic to the internet.

ps - the village looks awesome. proper FLIR sounds excellent. Pity about the vehicle hit points/system not being pushed a shitload further (so only certain calibre weapons can damage them and all others just bounce off).

While i bought the digital version of arma2 i may get the disc based version of this. really hope it is a simultaneous world wide release.

was going to buy OFP2 from codemasters but if this comes first my hard earned dollars will go on arrowhead instead.

(so only certain calibre weapons can damage them and all others just bounce off).

It is already possible to do this with the current ArmA 2 engine (via handleDamage EH).

It is already possible to do this with the current ArmA 2 engine (via handleDamage EH).

oh really? that's good. Seeing as you know so much is it done on the armour in arma2?

and back on topic - if so then it'd probably be done in arrowhead. Damn, that'll be good. :yay: but no jumping to conclusions eh?

oh really? that's good. Seeing as you know so much is it done on the armour in arma2?

and back on topic - if so then it'd probably be done in arrowhead. Damn, that'll be good. :yay: but no jumping to conclusions eh?

No, BIS has not used it for their armor, but I suspect addon makers will (and I will be including it in some scripts I will hopefully be working on for the RHS/P85 guys).

did i miss it, or have noone else mentioned the pictures here?:butbut:

There have been very few comments regarding it specifically but they have been posted in either this thread or the other Arrowhead thread.

Hooray for working FLIR, IHADSS and PEQ! Looking good for optical targeting (targeting laser isn't mentioned - hope it's a manual toggle), but what about radar? The always-on 360 degree magic radar is silly, and will look even moreso alongside realistic optical targeting features. It should have an indicated beam which sweeps through its field of view like a, you know, radar - rather than simply displaying the exact position of every contact all the time. Most of the missiles in-game actually aren't radar guided, but - combine some basic radar functions like on (auto) and off (manual, press key to scan) with realistic missile behavior and then we're set.

Edited by IronPants

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

anyone else want it now?

I honestly doubt that :p

Awesome pictures! :dancehead::m:

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

anyone else want it now?

I've got some good patience, so I can wait for now. Anyway, hopefully those PEQ boxes are working good same with FLIR. As long as it's realistic. I'm content.

Am I willing to pay $99 AUD just for FLIR, PEQ and flashlights? You bet!

The Chinook, the Apache and the entirely new map are all just bonuses.

new Arrowhead video on youtube, can someone translate it to English plz

im loving that apache! wish i knew what he was saying

They always post new videos and screens whenever I go to work. Maybe I should start working more often.

Just out of curiosity, how close are UK Apaches/Longbows to the US Army ones? Would it just be a reskin type thing if they were to include it or would they have to do an entirely different model?

I'm pretty sure the only notable difference between the Boeing Longbow and the Westland Longbow is the powerplant it uses, and I don't think that even causes any external difference.

Its not like he told you that at the end of the campaign that the Japanese, Chinese and EU make a secret pact and invade the United States...

Not too far from possibility actually.

"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will pledge with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government."

- Globalist

in an address to the Bilderberg meeting at Evian, France, May 21, 1992.

It's funny that these global elites can manufacture 'crises' (cough-9/11-cough) to panic the population into giving up all of their rights as more power is consolidated globally.

Edited by Joseph Troska

It's funny that these global elites can manufacture 'crises' (cough-9/11-cough) to panic the population into giving up all of their rights as more power is consolidated globally.

Just lol.

new arrowhead video on youtube, can someone translate it to english plz

;) :)

On 13 August, 2009, Bohemia Interactive Studios and IDEA Games announced, on ign.com, that an expansion pack entitled ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, will be released at sometime in the future. According to the site, players will be able to enlist as members of the U.S. Army and deploy to a fictional region in Central-Asia named Takistan.

The expansion will be a standalone: it can be run without the content in the original ArmA II, but players who have purchased ArmA II will also be able to integrate that content into Operation Arrowhead. The developers plan on releasing some of the core changes introduced in Operation Arrowhead (such as performance optimizations and such) as patches so regular ArmA II players will be able to stay up to date with regard to performance, but not new content.

From the 2009 GamesCom conference, here is a brief list of features reported to be in the game:

2 new islands, a 160 square-km Takistan based on Central Asian terrain and Zargabad, a 70 square-km island with dense urban areas.

Return of various player roles: players can, as they had in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, enlist as various characters, from basic infantryman to pilot to vehicle crewman

New factions (guerrillas, local military, etc.)

New vehicles: AH-64 Apache, MH-6, Stryker, M3 Bradley, T-55, M-113, BTR-60, UH-1H, and more.

New weapons such as the FN SCAR

Improvements to the warfare mode and the general game

Add this to OP new info from GamesCon in Germany

Wow this sounds awesome. I think BIS should really focus on rewriting alot of engine code, improve the overall preformance, allow new features such as Dx11, ray tracing, dynamic particle effects, volumetric clouds, Realisitc Rigid physics. I want the engine to have upgraded textures and overall character to the world, design a Render field that will render high resolution textures within 500M of the player and everything else is alittle lower in Res this should help with all of the texture flicking and loading problems.

Although I would be freaking crying tears of joy if BIS licensed Crytek Engine 2 :yay:

For the expansion give us some extra destruction and decals in the environment. Improve the animations and overall physics of vehicles.

Thanks BIS.