Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Lol, I know that. I just wanted to show him how to use spoiler tags.

Lol, even BIS would realize how unrealistic that scenario is (Japanese?? Invading US?? This isn't the 1940s).

well since CM did that first(china invaded russia "for oil" and "US come to help"), nuff said:D

I'm just wondering, what do you guys think we will get over the next couple of days regarding the expansion? Screenshots, videos, info?

I'm just wondering, what do you guys think we will get over the next couple of days regarding the expansion? Screenshots, videos, info?

Just a few sentences from BIS/IDEA games with some official info, that's all I'm hoping for... but a full blown press release with pics and stuff would also be good. :p

I could be wrong, but I heard BIS is targeting an October 2009 release date. Provided this is valid, I would hope for maybe some kind of a 30-second teaser trailer showcasing a few new units, vehicles, features, and the new map. Otherwise some kind of a short article on the new features would also be fairly good.

In an ideal world, they would release the game already so that we can stop anxiously waiting and start killing...but whatever.

Screenshots, videos, info?

All three ?

That's called marketing. Maybe tomorrow then, when the first and most important business meetings are over.

All three ?

That's called marketing. Maybe tomorrow then, when the first and most important business meetings are over.

I thought the same thing. Maybe a short developer vid. That would be nice!

BIS show me the money :D

A Frenchy who's at Cologne said he couldn't find any stand of BiS at the Gamescom until now. source

Still 2 days, I hope they'll show up before the end. :)

Edited by dunedain

Hmm as usual only in the buisness section... meh.

Afraid of angry ArmA fans that want to club someone to death? ^^

Yepp there was one on here-threatening to do that! :D:D

Oh bugger . . . I wanted to see some real armored warfare in ArmA 2. How come they need a new engine to do that?

Though, the expansion sounds totally awesome since "single player" portion of the game is revamped with ArmA 2. There's no way we're gonna see a "Queens Gambit" failure.

Oh wow! just saw the screen shots over at ArmaInfo. Damn they look good!

How far into development is this because none of the screen shots say "work in progress" etc like the Arma2 prerelease screen shots?

Anyway, this could be the best Bis expansion yet. Now if I could only get that niggling feeling about performance to go away I could get very excited :)

Indeed, im not a fan of the setting and a bit fed up with the bugs that are there partly since OFP but damn that looks good and im sure ill buy it.

Especially if there are russians in it, hehe :p

What I'd like to see: TRAILER.

What I'm expecting to see: more screenshots, info.

Especially if there are russians in it, hehe :p

Russians from original ArmA 2 are not good enough for you? :p ArmA 2 content will be usuable in Arrowhead afterall.

Impressive screens I have to say. Hopefully they won't get too PC with the campaign.

What I'd like to see: TRAILER.

Meh, actually I'd rather get more written information than a trailer. I mean IMO a trailer would just be eye candy... you'd watch it and say "Oooh" and "Ahhh" and that's it. But a complete list of new features/etc. would give you something to really look forward to/talk about. My opinion at least.

Meh, actually I'd rather get more written information than a trailer. I mean IMO a trailer would just be eye candy... you'd watch it and say "Oooh" and "Ahhh" and that's it. But a complete list of new features/etc. would give you something to really look forward to/talk about. My opinion at least.

Yeah but a full list just gives everyone else a chance to complain about how the ultrarealistic condensation model they wanted didn't make it into the features list.

Yeah but a full list just gives everyone else a chance to complain about how the ultrarealistic condensation model they wanted didn't make it into the features list.

And a trailer wouldn't?

*remembers ArmA/ArmA 2 trailers and people complaining about lack of features*

And a trailer wouldn't?

*remembers ArmA/ArmA 2 trailers and people complaining about lack of features*

Yeah but on a trailer we can always say that you just couldn't see the condensation model because the trailer didn't show it. Thus stopping them from whining until its out. You don't have the option of doing that with a full list of features. I don't know, maybe I just want a trailer.