Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

For those who say that the AI won't currently enter buildings without glitching, play through the DAC tutorial missions and see just how successful that designer's scripts are at making the AI enter and check any building they encounter in a convincingly-human fashion.

Same with GL4 but that was not what the discussion was about, it was about AI entering buildings on it's own. It's true that with a S&D waypoint they'll use buildings.

Nevermind

Edited by CW001
Misunderstood something for something else.

I've been snuck up on in buildings plenty of times and been shot. I have also seen units use stairs and ladders too (just throwing that in before someone starts yelling it out since that always happens eventually). Oh, all without mods too!

The video was pretty cool. It is nice to see actual confirmed content instead of just smoke and mirrors.

Sounds like you missed all the videos and screenshots that came before this one. Lots of confirmed content there, but I guess it's easy to miss if you aren't paying attention.

That's a great Gaming Nexus preview, apart from the fact he gets all the weapon names wrong.

I hate when that happens. e.g., calling an M16A4 a machine gun. Maybe it's because I'm a perfectionist. :D

FFS. I think we need to add DLC to the filter. Everytime soneone tries to mention DLC it should turn into something else... howabout :yay: instead.

Hey guys, did you hear about the possiblity of :yay:? :p

Man the Takistan video is awesome to watch.Hats off to maker.

Oh, and +1 for real local languages.

Edited by Laqueesha

Ok their maybe some kids around but not as bad as in console land plus this game really aint that hard to grasp and learn.

Maybe because im not a dumb idiot but seriously how difficult is it to play this game? its piss easy mate.

i tell you what is not easy to learn. Programming in android(although thats piss for me too as its still "java" and i know java since university.) But you catch my drift.

Their are far more difficult and challenging things to learn then Arma 2.

This isn't taken from me, I showed it to my friends and they find it difficult to learn.

Yes, there are "harder" things, but that doesn't mean ArmA 2 isn't hard.. at least to everybody.

Omg, they showed a biplane in that video. Awesome. :cool:

Holy crap. I have exact same computer specs as you.

Lets hope this time the campaign is well tested and bugg free so the game can score higher in magazine/site´s reviews. I miss lore info about the new setting.

Holy crap. I have exact same computer specs as you.

Lol. It's a pretty good rig. You should check out the beta forum/CIT and see if you get any of the same issues that I do with the game, just out of curiosity.

@katua: We all know that the campaigns are mostly sitting unplayed on peoples computers right now. Honestly, what I would have gone for the effort of Red Harvest to have gone into adding features to the editor.

LoL this topic always enter in loop:

DLC discussion ==> AI + Buildings discussion ==> A2+AO? ==> AO features in A2? ==> Expections about bugs\performace ==> and goes on...

And yeah, this is another useless post.

I think we should sticky the A2+AO, AO features and A2 as a sticky topic in the .

@katua: We all know that the campaigns are mostly sitting unplayed on peoples computers right now. Honestly, what I would have gone for the effort of Red Harvest to have gone into adding features to the editor.

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php?option=com_poll&task=results&id=16

The campaign is the entry point for every new player. The campaign(s) and single player missions usually are underated in forums, multiplayer oriented people are a lot more vocal in the forums, but in fact most of the player base don´t play multiplayer and don´t use the editor. A very good campaign is vital.

Its the camel from A1

No it's not, it that thing had three props instead of two and was larger. It must be some sort of transport/recon plane that is still in use by countries such as Peru, which still utilizes prop planes.

Indeed first thing, most people will do and me too... will be playing campaign :)

Actually... I will playing all tutorials first :P Donno, I have strange habit to play every time all tutorials, even if i know how to play game... but they are cool for some reason :D

Back to campaign now... well campaign is 1st selling point for reviews and players so yeah it should be decent :)

First thing i do when these games come out... go straight to the editor and start testing shit out :D campaigns are not this games strong point.

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php?option=com_poll&task=results&id=16

The campaign is the entry point for every new player. The campaign(s) and single player missions usually are underated in forums, multiplayer oriented people are a lot more vocal in the forums, but in fact most of the player base don´t play multiplayer and don´t use the editor. A very good campaign is vital.

If this is true, then I'm in a minority. Most of my ArmA 2 life is spent in the editor, creating all kinds of scenarios.

First thing i do when these games come out... go straight to the editor and start testing shit out :D campaigns are not this games strong point.

Me too! I think I'll savor every weapon, one by one, before I touch the campaign.

Does anyone have wallpapers of ArrowHead? Just found only one...

Does anyone have wallpapers of ArrowHead? Just found only one...

I only saw one official wallpaper but I have a bunch of screens here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27595678@N06/sets/

Some of them are high enough resolution to use as wallpaper.

These are 1920x1200 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/27595678@N06/sets/72157623767204215/detail/

Edited by jblackrupert

agreed the editor is the first thing i do, Ive never played any of the campaigns form arma1 or 2 not that i have a problem with them just not my cup of tea. i love the freedom of the editor