Sign in to follow this  
{SAS}Silentkiller

Some genuine patch 1.03 information

What? The AI can see through grass??

I wondered why I was getting shot all the time in a supposedly concealed position, I thought BIS had fixed that back in Arma1 days!!!

Yes its nice isn't it? [/sarcasm]

If you set "Terrain detail" to Low, that's what the AI sees...

Arma had a "grass layer"

armagrasslayer.th.jpg

Arma 2 doesn't have this layer.

arma2demonograsslayer.th.jpg

I dunno why.

Btw, notice the stones and the bushes?

my eyes!

Edited by Taurus

Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.

...fine. Sometimes, when i play around with Arma2 and i'm looking to the ground, i start to feel like being Raul Duke visiting Vegas with my lawyer...floating grounds and hell, where are my golf shoes :D

What? The AI can see through grass??

I wondered why I was getting shot all the time in a supposedly concealed position, I thought BIS had fixed that back in Arma1 days!!!

FFS!!!!

I need to meditate, my systolic is going to hit 4 digits

Errr, complaints about this are all around the forum for weeks now....

BI is working on this, from what they said long ago

Placebo... i´ll personally buy you a beer if you get the Spanels to iron out all CTD and System reset bugs in ArmA 2!

Placebo... i´ll personally buy you a beer if you get the Spanels to iron out all CTD and System reset bugs in ArmA 2!

A beer? The complete damn Staropramen brewery!

http://www.staropramen.com/

"Grenade can destroy a building just by impact"? A small shed only i hope.

Instead, do something about the trees that have superpowers and blocks bullets, airplanes and withstands grenades etc.

Suggestions yes, but when speaking of destruction.

Otherwise nice fixes, especially the throttle.

"Grenade can destroy a building just by impact"? A small shed only i hope.

No, they could, but not anymore ;)

I threw some nades to a building, I saw smoke coming, then 3s later *boom* ; boom close to me and smoke from behind the building... I go take a look, and woooaah the wall is just destroyed :eek:

Superman powa ! :D

I understand that one cant render grass/foliage for miles, but wouldn't a simple solution be to make a distant object, laying amongst grass/foliage, be more transparent or blend in to the background somehow, the further away it is?

Joint Operations did this and it worked pretty well. I've been begging for this for a while.

Under no circumstances offer Placebo beer,Maruk will back me up here,the police are busy enough as it is.....lmao.

Joint Operations did this and it worked pretty well. I've been begging for this for a while.

Alpha blending. Me and a few others had exactly the same hope in a prerelease thread for ARMA 1. Released screenshots even had it on but it never made it into the final release. Same with a new inventory system based on space and weight instead of slots. Shame.

CA made this thread because a lot of ppl like me whined about no PR.

I was the whiner who proposed them to look what acheived CCP (Eve Online) with their community.

CCP made a great job with their fans, +/- 10 devs speaks to the community a few time per week.

I think BI are better than CA anyway. CA is too much consensual and politically correct with themselves imo.

They don't speak to us, but in the community tracker here http://dev-heaven.net/home .

Dam I'm getting board of mentioning about no support, this is the only game worth playing nothing else comes close.

No support? The 3 patches so far must be something I imagined then ;)

Ironic ;)

So after tracking down a certain Mr. Spanel, I can tell you the current patch log is as follows:

The above will be fixed/improved as applicable and are of course subject to change in terms of inclusion in 1.03, nor does this list mean that other fixes won't be included with 1.03

And before you ask, no current ETA besides as soon as possible :)

If they just fixed the MP FPS and stutters I'd be a happy camper.

All i want is a hotfix for the receiving bug so i can actually play game ffs.

Correction Limited, thinking about it more of lack of Communication from BI so it seems like there is not much support.

Just annoyed because I am still waiting on a Official Server setup so I can play the game, like it plays on LAN. There was no input from BIS on the subject, I feel left out in the cold.

Maybe its because they are bunkered down working on it? Rather than spending time with updates on here (that will be sketchy) to only have posts complaining about more or nit picking what is posted.

any chance you can look at AI accuracy with mounted guns, they seem super accurated with 50cals even from the back of moving jeeps :(

iron out all CTD and System reset bugs in ArmA 2!

my main complaint too, I can handle slowdowns and choppy play but you can't enjoy a game with your mates if this keeps happening :(

I see no mention of the Receiving.... bug that many get and flickering textures/CTD's.

I am praying that these fixes are going in the next patch because I and many others cannot play the game for more than a couple of minutes before a crash and sometimes I get Receiving.... every time I turn my head in the larger city, one step Receiving..., turn head Receiving...

I can only hope.

One thing to note if I play in windowed mode I still get Receiving but not as often but then again I also get a drop in FPS....

I think the campaign fixes should take priority, as most new players will go straight into the campaign and seeing the amount of bugs will make them want to be sick over the disk.

I kinda have to agree the support is pretty limited. Sure, there have been patches, and I'm sure more are on the way but that certainly shouldn't be the scope of their support.

I bought this game through steam, and after a few hours' SP campaign gameplay I was swearing pretty loudly at it. Off to the Arma 2 website then, check patch, yup, I have the latest version. Next in the "Support" list is "User Support". Now I'm told I have to click in the link for my publisher. Er, who? I, um, bought it on Steam? I tried the Arma Troubleshooting Wiki, but Arma 2 isn't even on there!

At this stage I'm wondering if these clowns have just run off to the Bahamas with mine and everyone else's money!

Ok, in any case the support page tells me to check the forums. Now here we go. It would appear there's a lot of people experiencing the same issues I am. Let's see what the developer has to say about it. Er... hello? There's a buglist, great, but it's user made, I still see almost no evidence of BIS saying "alright, sorry guys, yep we recognise issues x, y, and z and will work to fix them asap". People start threads like this one asking for some feedback or patch info and NON BIS moderators close them saying "it'll be done when it's done"!

Out of frustration I filled in one of them "contact us" forms on the BIS website. After much writing I submitted it, and the page faulted. Nice one.

So, in closing, I can't say I'm thrilled about the pretty sad state of the game as it stands at the moment. I recognise it is complex, and I don't doubt BIS are working the various issues. The thing is, however, that I base this belief entirely on faith and goodwill, seeing as we hear almost nothing from BIS.

Faith is a good thing. It holds things together to the finish when logic, fear, impatience and anger would tear it apart. Look at their past, even if they have taken a well deserved break, they will be supporting and fixing this game for some time. Again, 3 patches and look at how tired poor Jan is. These guys are not the type to rest on their laurels.

I think the campaign fixes should take priority, as most new players will go straight into the campaign and seeing the amount of bugs will make them want to be sick over the disk.

I second that.

I made an AmrA 2 thread at my local community gaming forums to get people interested. Users who bought the game are now complaining about the show-stopping bugs in the single player campaign. I don't think I can calm them much unless BI announce plans to address the single player campaign issues ASAP.

??? I count only 2, or should I consider the "updated 1.02" as 3rd?

And this naked number alone is not telling anything.

But if you set 2 or 3 patched into relation to 445 trouble tickets and feature requests (mainly not new features, rather requests to change design issues) it looks totally different.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues?set_filter=1

Assuming that out of those 445 tickets 50% are duplicated reporting/bullshit/solved we have still 200+ issues. Some issues are left over from 2001 OFP.

Having that in mind the common list of the changes in those 3 patches looks pretty short.

I hope that some more bugtracker issues will be fixed in v. 1.03 ... especially the major issues with AI.