Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

May i be so rude to suggest 2 things that would be nice to be able to setup at serverparameters. To be able to set how many ai's players are allowed to recruit. Today peps recruited up to 30 ai's each on my server, if 32 players did that i dont server would hold for long. Other thing that would be nice if repair-time for wrecks could be set.

Dorph;1479442']May i be so rude to suggest 2 things that would be nice to be able to setup at serverparameters. To be able to set how many ai's players are allowed to recruit. Today peps recruited up to 30 ai's each on my server' date=' if 32 players did that i dont server would hold for long. Other thing that would be nice if repair-time for wrecks could be set.[/quote']

that would be a handy thing!!

Oh, and I have fixed the problem with the carrier versions where you fall through the front deck of the LHD (the LHD doesn't like all sea grounds :()

Xeno

great :yay:

also noticed that the AI on the carrier mostly refuses to get in choppers from 1.10-1.16 and some die after recruiting!!

would be sweet if u could have a look into that.

just a suggestion, the time accleration is a fine thing to play sometimes. think the parameter 1sec~1min maybe is just a tick to fast and it would be awesome to have 3 parameters for a fast (1sec~1min), a medium and a slow option to choose, besides on and off.

thx for your effort

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Stupid me. I forgot to remove some debug code :(

I'll fix some other minor problems and release 1.17 soon.

Is this what causes side missions to fail in my version? Due to being more infantry based, I have only HMMWVs as side mission rewards, and for main targets we only get LAVs and AAVs.

Oh, and add the HMMWV M240 (uparmored one) as a reward if you haven't done so already. :)

And yet another another another Test Release available: 1.17T

Changes:

- Fixed the "fall through deck" bug in the carrier version

- Fixed bonus vehicles as prizes for sidemissions, now random again (forgot to remove debug variables)

- Fixed an exploit in the AI version where it was possible to recruit more than the maximum number of 8 AI soldiers

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/domination

Please report problems in the Dom bug tracker at dev-heaven (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/issues/new, you need a dev-heaven account for it).

Just a warning, Dom is not made to be played hosted only dedicated!

Enjoy!

Xeno

Stupid me. I forgot to remove some debug code :(

I'll fix some other minor problems and release 1.17 soon.

Oh, and I have fixed the problem with the carrier versions where you fall through the front deck of the LHD (the LHD doesn't like all sea grounds :()

Xeno

Thanks. Looking forward to it :)

Hello) At me to you a question! I have a problem with map editing new version :( Domination 1.09 I can!!! add the plane on base and change the helicopter! next! save and put for multiplaer mission! and play) next release Mission_Pack 1.12,1.16,1.17 not want will correctly save! (save 1 sec) and cant play Because map have size 45kb And always night. The problem because is the test version?

Thanks for any help in this question!) and Sorry for bad english!

Hello) At me to you a question! I have a problem with map editing new version :( Domination 1.09 I can!!! add the plane on base and change the helicopter! next! save and put for multiplaer mission! and play) next release Mission_Pack 1.12,1.16,1.17 not want will correctly save! (save 1 sec) and cant play Because map have size 45kb And always night. The problem because is the test version?

Thanks for any help in this question!) and Sorry for bad english!

From what your saying here I can pickup that you are using the in game editor. Applying your own modifications etc and then hitting save?

You will notice that when you go to you missions folder < C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXX\My Documents\ArmA 2\missions

That you have a folder relating to your mission, in my case . co40_Carrier_Domination_1_17TA2_R.Chernarus

When you save in the map editor (within the game) it will not save back to this file always. You will probably find that it has created a new folder, and within it only has 1 file 'mission.sqm'

All you need to do is copy that particular file, and paste it into your original mission directory. You will be asked if you want to overwrite the current file, click yes. This will fix your problem.

The reason it is always dark is without a description file the map does not have any variables such as time of day, number of missions etc, so it used the default mission time of 00:00am.

Hope this helps.

Z

Dorph;1479442']Today peps recruited up to 30 ai's each on my server' date=' if 32 players did that i dont server would hold for long. [/quote']

Player recruited AI are hosted locally to the player that made them, so they don't really increase server load in the same way the enemy AI do in Domination.

The setting you want is, iirc, in i_common.

From what your saying here I can pickup that you are using the in game editor. Applying your own modifications etc and then hitting save?

Z

Yeah, don't use the 'SAVE' button in the editor at all.

Unpbo the mission to your Documents\Arma 2\profilename\MPMissions\ directory (or Documents\Arma 2 other profiles\profilename\MPMissions\) then you will see it in the mission list in BLUE. Blue means you can edit it. Edit it (first thing you should do is change the name of the mission in the editor so you can tell it a part from the others) and just hit preview. Hitting preview saves over the existing mission.sqm file. SAVE should actually be called EXPORT, since it makes a new file. :D

Heres a tutorial i made a while back.. don't know if it will help but it describes a workflow for modifying missions. http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/tutorials/

Zboss,oktane BIG thanks for the help! Your councils have very much helped me! All works!:yay:

Have tried to look through this topic but havent found any answers yet (sorr for the post if the answer is in here)

Ive added new choppers to one of the domination missions, and copied information from the other choppers (with changed numbers fo course) but the respawn and marker still wont work... what am i doing wrong?

The other thing ive done is adjusted the time.

Wanted it to start closer to dusk so i changed the time, and now the time starts at 00:00 anyways, not 19:00 as i want it to. Have re-packed the pbo several times but it still wont work...

Anybody with any ideas on what to check?

Have tried to look through this topic but havent found any answers yet (sorr for the post if the answer is in here)

Ive added new choppers to one of the domination missions, and copied information from the other choppers (with changed numbers fo course) but the respawn and marker still wont work... what am i doing wrong?

The other thing ive done is adjusted the time.

Wanted it to start closer to dusk so i changed the time, and now the time starts at 00:00 anyways, not 19:00 as i want it to. Have re-packed the pbo several times but it still wont work...

Anybody with any ideas on what to check?

Please can you provide the line of script you are using to allow the choppers to respawn? Are you running from a vehicle.sqm file or other? If running the vehicle.sqm file, you can add a script like this (veh = [this, 60] execVM ""vehicle.sqf) which will tell the vehicle to spawn after 60 seconds.

Where are you changing the time? In the ingame editor or the description file?

To alter the time you should keep the in game time to 00:00 and change it via the description file.

Alternatively, log in as an admin when the server restarts, click (unlock) and you can also edit your parameters from here.

For now though, let me know what script your are entering into the unit for a respawn?

Thx

Edited by Zboss
Added a script line

@Zboss:

Im using the exakt same settings ast he MH-60S that already are put on the ground. No extra init or anything.

Dont really know WHERE the respawn is located, havent found the proper code yet.

tried to change the time in the 'description.ext'.

EDIT:

I can add vehicles, i can use them on my server. But when they are crashed they will not respawn, they will just sit in the crash site burning..

The helicopters in question are the LittleBirds and Kiowa Mods. If i add a AH-1Z Cobra it will work properly by the looks of it.

Edited by Frosties

@Zboss:

Im using the exakt same settings ast he MH-60S that already are put on the ground. No extra init or anything.

Dont really know WHERE the respawn is located, havent found the proper code yet.

tried to change the time in the 'description.ext'.

EDIT:

I can add vehicles, i can use them on my server. But when they are crashed they will not respawn, they will just sit in the crash site burning..

The helicopters in question are the LittleBirds and Kiowa Mods. If i add a AH-1Z Cobra it will work properly by the looks of it.

Your easiest route to go here is to start over and change the mh60 to whatever class you wanted in the mission editor rather than making additional choppers. Otherwise you have to touch quite a few files. OR, add a chopper and use the simple vehicle respawn script by OOPS, but you wont get marker updates.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

just a suggestion, the time accleration is a fine thing to play sometimes. think the parameter 1sec~1min maybe is just a tick to fast

In fasttime.fsm you can adjust:

"_timerate = 0.00666;" \n

to be

"_timerate = 0.00333;" \n

or to your liking

Have a look HERE. Xeno sorted me out with that a few months back. Should get you in the right direction for respawn and getting the markers to track.

Hope that helps.

Hello, im back again with a couple of questions!

Is there any way for me to edit the content of a vehicle that spawns? Or in the ammoboxes

How can i add vehicles and get them to spawn? have looked around in the files about the helos but doesnt find anything?

And finally a gameplay questions..

Where do i find ammoboxes to load up in the helo and MHQ?

Edited by Frosties

Hello, im back again with a couple of questions!

Where do i find ammoboxes to load up in the helo and MHQ?

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net

Install it and use the 'find in files' feature, pointing it to the depbo'd mission directory, you will find anything you search for by doing this. For your ammo question, you can search for a gun that you know is inside the box ('grenade'), or just 'ammo'.. your 'find in files' will find 'x_weaponcargo.sqf'

To add vehicles, use the OOPS respawn script that was already mentioned. Here is the one I modified to be safe for artillery vehicles. Or you can read Xeno's vrespawn code and figure out how it works so you can add a vehicle.

If you are talking about bonus vehicles.. use find in files and search for one you get.. like AH1Z. You will see that find in files is faster than the forums. :)

/*  
=========================================================
 Simple Vehicle Respawn Script v1.6
 by Tophe of Östgöta Ops [OOPS]

Put this in the vehicles init line:
 veh = [this] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Options:
 There are some optional settings. The format for these are:
 veh = [this, Delay, Deserted timer, Respawns, Effect, Static] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Default respawn delay is 30 seconds, to set a custom
 respawn delay time, put that in the init as well. 
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Default respawn time when vehicle is deserted, but not
 destroyed is 120 seconds. To set a custom timer for this 
 first put the respawn delay, then the deserted vehicle timer-
 Like this:  
 veh = [this, 15, 10] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

By default the number of respawns is infinite. To set a limit
 First set the other values then the number of respawns you want (0 = infinite).
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Set this value to TRUE to add a special explosion effect to the wreck when respawning.
 Default value is FALSE, which will simply have the wreck disappear.
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

By default the vehicle will respawn to the point where it first
 was when the mission started (static). This can be changed to 
 dynamic. Then the vehicle will respawn to the position where it was destroyed. 
 First set all the other values then set TRUE for dynamic or FALSE for static.
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE, TRUE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

If you you want to set the INIT field of the respawned vehicle, first set all other 
 values, then set init commands. Those must be inside quotations.
 Like this:
 veh = [this, 15, 10, 5, TRUE, FALSE, "this setDammage 0.5"] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Default values of all settings are:
 veh = [this, 30, 120, 0, FALSE, FALSE] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

Contact & Bugreport: [email]harlechin@hotmail.com[/email]

=========================================================
*/

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

// Define variables
_unit = _this select 0;
_delay = if (count _this > 1) then {_this select 1} else {30};
_deserted = if (count _this > 2) then {_this select 2} else {120};
_respawns = if (count _this > 3) then {_this select 3} else {0};
_explode = if (count _this > 4) then {_this select 4} else {false};
_dynamic = if (count _this > 5) then {_this select 5} else {false};
_unitinit = if (count _this > 6) then {_this select 6} else {};
_haveinit = if (count _this > 6) then {true} else {false};

_hasname = false;
_unitname = vehicleVarName _unit;
if (isNil _unitname) then {_hasname = false;} else {_hasname = true;};
_noend = true;
_run = true;
_rounds = 0;

if (_delay < 0) then {_delay = 0};
if (_deserted < 0) then {_deserted = 0};
if (_respawns <= 0) then {_respawns= 0; _noend = true;};
if (_respawns > 0) then {_noend = false};

_dir = getDir _unit;
_position = getPosASL _unit;
_type = typeOf _unit;
_dead = false;
_nodelay = false;

// Start monitoring the vehicle
while {_run} do 
{	
sleep (2 + random 10);
     if ((getDammage _unit > 0.8) and ({alive _x} count crew _unit == 0)) then {_dead = true};

// Check if the vehicle is deserted.
if ((getPosASL _unit distance _position > 10) and ({alive _x} count crew _unit == 0) and (getDammage _unit < 0.8)) then 
{
	_timeout = time + _deserted;
	sleep 0.1;
 	waitUntil {_timeout < time or !alive _unit or {alive _x} count crew _unit > 0};
	if ({alive _x} count crew _unit > 0) then {_dead = false}; 
	if ({alive _x} count crew _unit == 0) then {_dead = true; _nodelay =true}; 
	if !(alive _unit) then {_dead = true; _nodelay = false}; 
};

// Respawn vehicle
     if (_dead) then 
{	
	if (_nodelay) then {sleep 0.1; _nodelay = false;} else {sleep _delay;};
	if (_dynamic) then {_position = getPosASL _unit; _dir = getDir _unit;};
	if (_explode) then {_effect = "M_TOW_AT" createVehicle getPosASL _unit; _effect setPosASL getPosASL _unit;};
	sleep 0.1;

deleteVehicle _unit;
	sleep 2;
	_unit = _type createVehicle _position;
	_unit setPosASL _position;
	_unit setDir _dir;

if (_haveinit) then 
				{_unit setVehicleInit format ["%1;", _unitinit];
				processInitCommands;};
	if (_hasname) then 
				{_unit setVehicleInit format ["%1 = this; this setVehicleVarName ""%1""",_unitname];
				processInitCommands;};
	_dead = false;
	_isVeh = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _unit >> "ARTY_IsArtyVehicle");
	if (_isVeh == 1) then {
		[_unit] call BIS_ARTY_F_initVehicle;
		["d_bi_a_v",_static] call XSendNetStartScriptClient;
	};

// Check respawn amount
	if !(_noend) then {_rounds = _rounds + 1};
	if ((_rounds == _respawns) and !(_noend)) then {_run = false;};
};
};

Edited by oktane

Will give this script a try.

Would it work with other stuff such as C-130 or A-10 as well, or do i need to use different scripts or the helo respawn for those?

EDIT:

Have added a HMMWV to try this out (and it works btw, thanks!) , but i cant get the marker to get stuck with the vehicle when i move around. It just stays where the vehicle spawned. Have tried adding everything a previous post suggested, but i probably missed something.

Is there some kind of code in the files for this, or just in the editor?

EDIT:

The respawn is now working for all vehicles thanks to the above mentioned script!

The markers however isnt working as wished...

Edited by Frosties

Hi guys,

I'm working on a mission which is basically a PvP Domination. BlueFor attack the designated city and OpFor, with the help of some AI would defend it.

BLUEFOR:There is some important objectives in designated town needed to be captured/dstroyed in order to conquer the town.

OPFOR:Defend important objectives in designated town.

I need som help one some aspect though:

-I need to know how to randomly dsignated one of city.

-I need to know how to make IA spawn in the designated city.

-I need to know how, when the dsignated town has all its objectives conquered by bluefor, to automatically change city.

Is there any script already available that i could tweak?

Thanks to sbsmac script i already can handle pretty easily the progressive respawn, vehicule respawn, paradrop, loadout save etc.. But this three points above are critical to make my mission. And i hav no idea how to do it.

Please help?

Edited by RoME

Ok, ive been messing around trying to find a way to stick the markers into my added vehicles but they dont get stuck!

It works on the added helos, but not on the A-10 and HMMWVs i´ve added....

Can anybody help me? Its pretty annoying when a plane touches down and we cant find it again..

EDIT:

Anyway to add another A-10, but with a different loadout?

Was thinking of making one A-10 with just GBU-12 (kind of just providing support to ground troops) and another with just Mavericks to be able to clean out more tanks on their own.

How do i change the loadout that each plane and vehicle spawns with? have tried with that notepad thingy, but i cant seem to search for the right thing...

Edited by Frosties

Anybody that can tell me WHERE i can select wich vehicles that can be airlifted.

Would it be possible to set this setting on for an example an artillery piece and airlift it?

EDIT:

Got it to working after searching through this thread a couple of times.. :D

Edited by Frosties

Have you looked at the Domination Two Teams version? It is exactly like this except for the spawning at the town. For that I think you could just add an option to the OPFOR flagpole at their base to warp to the current town. The latest version also has 'camps' which match up to your 'objectives', they need to be taken over.

The only thing you'd need to do is change resistance to be friendly to opfor i'd imagine.

You can find the latest version always here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/domination in the zip file is the Two Teams version.

Hi guys,

I'm working on a mission which is basically a PvP Domination. BlueFor attack the designated city and OpFor, with the help of some AI would defend it.

BLUEFOR:There is some important objectives in designated town needed to be captured/dstroyed in order to conquer the town.

OPFOR:Defend important objectives in designated town.

I need som help one some aspect though:

-I need to know how to randomly dsignated one of city.

-I need to know how to make IA spawn in the designated city.

-I need to know how, when the dsignated town has all its objectives conquered by bluefor, to automatically change city.

Is there any script already available that i could tweak?

Thanks to sbsmac script i already can handle pretty easily the progressive respawn, vehicule respawn, paradrop, loadout save etc.. But this three points above are critical to make my mission. And i hav no idea how to do it.

Please help?

out of curiosity, I tried the TvT domination. The Opfor is largely bugged. I was russian and got shot by AI at main objective. I don't really know how TvT is meant to work then. There seem to be no real objective to conquer, just as normal domination, you just need to kill everybody.

Anyway, i would like to see TvT domi hosted by good servers more often.

My version would be more like an AAS with AI.

Edited by RoME

It's more Team & Team Vs AI.

The two player teams are sort of allied against the AI. They have a common enemy, yet are not on the same side. Think of the Allies (Soviets and Western Powers) Vs Axis in the '40's.

It's more Team & Team Vs AI.

The two player teams are sort of allied against the AI. They have a common enemy, yet are not on the same side. Think of the Allies (Soviets and Western Powers) Vs Axis in the '40's.

The two teams are not allies anymore in the ArmA II version, though they have a common enemy, resistance side.

And yes, I don't put much effort in it as it doesn't get played that often.

Xeno