Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Is it possible somehow to add another mobilespawn option?

Maybe a helicopter?

Been looking through the files with Notepad++ but havent found anything yet...

ver 1.21 out thx alot - not sure whats changed from 1.20 but i def have a problem getting out of adminspec mode. ESC freezes the view cant seem to do anything - respawning doesnt get u out either ? Pls let me know if any knows how to get out of adminspec.

-----------------------------------

Ok - Go to firstperson view on own player before press ESC will get u out of adminspec properly.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

I´ve been trying to learn how to make small missions myself by using Xeno´s missions as a template.

One thing i cant figure out is how the hell the random mission works and how he set that up. Is there someone who can tell me what to look for if i would like to replicate that function? I dont want to play a map with set order of objectives everytime... but without randomizing the objectives i cant make that...

Xeno You will create missions to ACE MOD ArmaII ?:rolleyes:

Check out release 21, there is already ace2 code in there. :D

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Dorph;1502556']ver 1.21 out thx alot - not sure whats changed from 1.20 but i def have a problem getting out of adminspec mode. ESC freezes the view cant seem to do anything - respawning doesnt get u out either ? Pls let me know if any knows how to get out of adminspec.

-----------------------------------

Ok - Go to firstperson view on own player before press ESC will get u out of adminspec properly.

if you press esc and lose the interface, i thought you could land the butterfly and it would exit. Thats how it used to work.

Oh it appears its commented out. Even the code to return the view to the player. :D

Use this at the end instead of or after the commented out stuff at the bottom where it exits. (in specta.sqf):

onMapSingleClick "";
if (vehicle player != player) then {
(vehicle player) switchCamera "INTERNAL";
(vehicle player) cameraEffect["terminate","FRONT"];
} else {
player switchCamera "INTERNAL";
player cameraEffect["terminate","FRONT"];
};

Edited by oktane

Xeno You will create missions to ACE MOD ArmaII ?:rolleyes:

You will find some ACE missions including Dom ACE when you have downloaded ACE via SIX Updater in your MPMissions folder.

Though there is one error...

Please rename

co@12_ace_op_cerberus.chernarus_1_00.pbo

to

co@12_ace_op_cerberus_1_00.chernarus.pbo

Edit:

ACE mission list:

- co@40 DomA2 1.22 West ACE

- co@40 DomA2 1.22 West AI ACE

- co@40 DomA2 1.22 West RAnked ACE

- co@40 DomA2 1.22 West Revive ACE

- co@30 ACE Traininggrounds (just for testing everything available in ACE, a logged in admin can change to night or day and create new enemies)

- co@60 ACE Operation Moonwalk (with a little surprise at the end :D)

- co@54 ACE Nightstrike

- co@50 ACE The Longes Day

- co@50 ACE AirCavA2

- co@50 ACE Airbase

- co@32 ACE Untern Lehrgang

- co@30 ACE Vicious Villains

- co@12 ACE Op Cerberus (please rename the file like mentioned above)

For mission makers... you will find some tricks when you dePBO the missions for some ACE stuff :)

None of the missions uses ace sys wounds yet, it was included after I've finished the missions. Some of the missions use Revive from norrin.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

What kind of goodies have you implemened Xeno, just so we know what to look for :rolleyes:

How can we spawn AI enemy.What i want to do is make an enemy airfiled with empty redfor vehicles heavy guraded.So if anyone want flay an hind go there,fight and try to take aor steal the vehicles.

I've posted this in the ACE thread, but will put it here aswell incase it gets overlooked...

Has anyone experienced problems with the new ACE Domination included? Specifically i just tried parachute dropping onto a target, once on the ground though i cannot deploy a bipod or change grenade throw, change sight adjustment etc. Seems all the funtions using key presses have stopped working. This continues if i respawn after the parachute drop...

If i respawn normally this doesnt happen, it is only after a parachute drop using the parachute option at base (not sure about dropping out of aircraft).

I didnt want to post this on dev-heaven just yet incase its just me, but seems strange that its all working before the drop. Could anyone else confirm this?

Need to do a bit more testing if this is confirmed, not sure if its just Domination, or a general bug.

Here a couple of modded versions of Xeno's original missions:)

Updated Version to [1.22] =SEALZ= - co40_Carrier_Dom_=SEALZ=_[1.22].Chernarus.rar

http://www.filefront.com/15083663/co40-Carrier-Dom-SEALZ-122.Chernarus.rar/

ACE version of =SEALZ= - co@40_Dom_ACE2_=SEALZ=_[122].Chernarus.rar

http://www.filefront.com/15093727/co40-Dom-ACE2-SEALZ-122.Chernarus.rar/

Plan on building a ACE Carrier Version also :cool:

"Goodboys"

Thx a lot.

Kudos for you =)

Best regards

Goodboys add for mane mission ACE2 + UAV :D nice mission ACE2+UAV) you use allowDamage false; for MQ-9 ?

(All time THX for Xeno! Domination the best maps:))

(sorry for bad english)

I've posted this in the ACE thread, but will put it here aswell incase it gets overlooked...

Has anyone experienced problems with the new ACE Domination included? Specifically i just tried parachute dropping onto a target, once on the ground though i cannot deploy a bipod or change grenade throw, change sight adjustment etc. Seems all the funtions using key presses have stopped working. This continues if i respawn after the parachute drop...

Experienced this as well today.

I assume Bohemias HALO script doesn't get along with ACE2, since it uses "displaySetEventHandler" on display 46 (the keyboard) and overwrites the ACE2-specific keysettings.

A possible workaround would be to re-implement the halo script (it is located in ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_getout.sqs) and replace the command "displaySetEventhandler" by "displayAddEventhandler". Not sure, but could do the trick already.

However, this is nothing the ACE devs should take care about, since it is not ACE2 which is incompatible to the HALO script, but the HALO script being incompatible to everything else. ;)

Edited by Bon

The new ACE version (included in the next ACE 2 update) won't have that problem anymore.

Beside the fixed HALO I hope that I found some performance improvements.

Xeno

I want to change to weapons loadout of the AV8Bs.

These are spawned by script so I imagine it's not as easy as removeAllWeapons.

How might I go about doing this?;)

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Oh and now look what I've found! x_sidemissionwinner seems to be (if I understand the code right) giving points to players who are nearby when the side mission gets completed successfully, but I *think* it only works for ranked versions. I want it in my non ranked version, but I scared of fiddling with the code and breaking it. :)

I want to change to weapons loadout of the AV8Bs.

These are spawned by script so I imagine it's not as easy as removeAllWeapons.

How might I go about doing this?;)

Sure it is. Remove all or some weapons and add the ones you want. here is an old arma code snippet i made to make SU34's have LGBs since east didn't have any in warfare. (it also removed some missles because I used mando's missles instead) If you load the mag first, then the weapon, the weapon will be ready to fire. Otherwise it will have to be reloaded. (sometimes there is a delay in that) Note that the classnames in this are Arma1 vehicles. And classnames are case sensitive.. refer to this page

// custom loads, call with vehicleobj execvm "customloads.sqf"; when the vehicle is spawned.
// nerfs stock weapons that MMA replaces
// oktane 8/08
private["_vehicle", "_type"];
_vehicle = _this; 
_type = typeOf _vehicle; 
switch (_type) do
{
case "AH1W":
{
	//try to keep missiles visible
	_vehicle removeweapon "HellfireLauncher";
};		
case "KA50":
{
	// give kamov a laser for MMA desg remote tgts
	_vehicle removeweapon "VikhrLauncher";
	_vehicle addweapon "LaserDesignator";
	_vehicle addmagazine "LaserBatteries";
};		
case "AV8B2":
{
	_vehicle removeweapon "SidewinderLaucher";
};
case "A10":
{
	_vehicle removeweapon "MaverickLauncher";
};
case "Su34":
{
	//archer AA
	_vehicle removeweapon "R73Launcher";
};
case "Su34B":
{
	//make LGB SU34
	_vehicle removemagazines "4Rnd_Ch29";
	_vehicle removeweapon "Ch29Launcher";
	_vehicle addmagazine "6Rnd_GBU12_AV8B"; 
	_vehicle AddWeapon "BombLauncher";
};
case "Camel":
{
	// uber camel :D
	_vehicle removemagazines "500Rnd_TwinVickers";
	_vehicle removeweapon "TwinVickers";
	_vehicle addmagazine "300Rnd_25mm_GAU12";
	_vehicle addweapon "GAU12";
};
};

Edited by oktane

I got that, but how do you control doing this when the vehicle is spawned by script?

I got that, but how do you control doing this when the vehicle is spawned by script?

Call it after the vehicle is made, as noted in the comments of the file script.

_vehicle = _vec_type createvehicle _d_bonus_create_pos; // xeno makes bonus vehicle
_vehicle execVm "customloads.sqf"; // we put custom loadout on it

You will have to use something similar wherever those vehicles are spawned within the code base. You may also need it in respawn/wreck repair scripts if the vehicle is recreated with createvehicle. Search for 'createvehicle' in the files and see.

You may also have to modify the rearm pad code to handle the special case of your modified plane if you want it to rearm properly. This is because the code looks up the standard weapon mag types that are set on the stock vehicle, not the changed weapons you have put on. (_magazines = getArray(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _type >> "magazines")

So I guess its not so simple, sorry. :(

Edited by oktane

Don't apologise old friend, you've been very helpful. :) I'll report back later with progress reports (or other) :)

Is it possible somehow to add another mobilespawn option?

Maybe a helicopter?

Been looking through the files with Notepad++ but havent found anything yet...

I have been wanting to have more MHQ's myself. I like to leave one at base so we can go back to HQ easily enough. But then I also like to have one on each side of main objective, and like to have one for the secoundary. So I decided to see if it would be somthing I could do. Exspecialy since I have no training in this area. But I am good at problem solving. After looking threw every file. I figured out how to add it in. Took me a few hours, and a few tries and tests. But I added 2 more MHQ's in. And they work just like the other two perfectly. All the stuff you need todo it is located in about 5 or 8 different files. Becouse its not as simple as putting them in. You also have to put in the stuff that warns if they are in transport, Also need to put in the markers for them. And make them respawn when destroyed.

But thanks to Xeno for the base model, Thanks to Coug for his work as I used his modified version for my base. So now I have it setup in an escelation, Ranked, AI version. Now I just need to figure out how I can add in 20thSFG A10 loadout script. And then convert that over to a AH-1Z loadout script. And then figure out how to turn the C130 into a heavy bomber.

Don't apologise old friend, you've been very helpful. :) I'll report back later with progress reports (or other) :)

Tankbuster and Ruges:

http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/missions/co40_Domination_1_22A2_West_R_customloadouts.Chernarus.7z

This is a demo mission with the concept you requested in it hopefully. Use the radio commands (0-0-1 repeatedly to get planes and 0-0-2 to move the nearest to the wreck yard) to see how it works, and do a diff with WinMerge (or beyond compare if you have it) to see what I changed. Nothing else is changed in the mission other than some junk to speed debugging. (no intro, instant repair, etc) It enables you to have custom loadouts on planes and satisfies all the rearming, respawning, etc. I suggest when you start it you set the air kick to 0, i forgot to edit that one. You will want to taxi around and check out the rearm station. The radio commands are just for debugging and showing how it works.

the two files that do the magic are in x_scripts and start with o_. they are tied into the 2 bonus scripts for side and main, and the rearm script, as well as the wreck repair fsm.

Now I must sleep. What a pain in the ass that was. (mostly due to debugging issues and lack of sleep) ;)

In o_custom_veh_loadout.sqf is where you set the loadouts.. i have a few ideas in there but you'll see the limitations when you try it. (like putting other than mk82 on the AV8B2's triple pylons is incorrectly aligned) The AV8B has more potential. I included one that has 2 sidewinders and 4 mavricks for example. You can also add the A10 or whatever other planes, like CDF su's.

Edited by oktane

i extracted the contents of DomiA2_1_09_Mission_Pack.rar to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\AddOns, but get this error

arma2f.jpg

Edited by Anddos