Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

A human defender version might be interesting, but it might turn into a new game mode.

Giving the defenders AI teammates and ability to call in support that is queued on a timer would make them a hard target. Although, limiting them to one life at that town would force them to play smart. When they die, they spawn at the next town and have to start preparing a new defense.

So it wouldn't be like Warfare. It would be a better armed team with a single airfield as a base against a low-tech team with many towns as bases. It could probably be balanced.

@tcp: It is what i'm trying to do with the sbsMac script. But my scripting knowledge is far from Xeno's.

-There would be some key objective to defend/attack as well, to create a sort of frontline.

-The defenders would spawn before attackers to have some time to organize its defense. They are able to paradrop anywhere, whereas the attackers can only paradrop/respawn at a conquered objective. (Trying to find a way to limit spawnkill here, any suggestions are welcomed).

-There is a ticket limitation for the respawn. Exactly like BF2.

@Xeno: You are right, the TvT domination is not played enough i think.

I have a favor to ask you Xeno. Could you indicate me what are the files/script that are involved in the spawn of AI in the main objective? And in the designation of the city to be conquered?

At the moment, i'm trying to mix some of the features of your domination, with the sbsMac script.. And i have rough time...

Anyway, I can't thank you enough for the time you put in making such a great mission.

@RoME

Sorry, I will not update or do anything concerning Dom anymore, including helping.

Absolutely no interest anymore (after reading that "mature" stuff in another part of the BI forums).

Xeno

Could you indicate me what are the files/script that are involved in the spawn of AI in the main objective? And in the designation of the city to be conquered?

x_createnexttarget.sqf both picks the next town in the town array and calls x_scripts\x_createguardpatrolgroups.sqf to create the AI.

@RoME

Sorry, I will not update or do anything concerning Dom anymore, including helping.

Absolutely no interest anymore (after reading that "mature" stuff in another part of the BI forums).

Xeno

Very sorry to hear we lost you again, Xeno.

Still love your mission and am always tweaking things and adding things.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to tackle next.

Edited by DrStrangeLove_EBDA

@RoME

Xeno

If you ask me a couple haters shouldnt impact your editing interest that much, but the most important thing is that you should do whatever you feel like doing and thats all that really matters :) .

One needs to learn to accept feedback and critic too Xeno.

The discussion was okay and people even clarified their POV.

In short Domination is played a lot both public and by teams for very good reasons.

At the same time, it would be good to make it teach people, improve gameplay and

teamplay by various means - even more to how it already does!

It is just the natural way that popular missions shape the way the game is played.

How you as a mission designer cope with that, is up to you.

Do you have to improve it? No. Even everyone could. To be realistic only very few

are able to and as capable as you, and even smaller chance that someone else will try.

I don't know what thread you are talking about but please don't let them get you down.

You do what you want with Domination and you are free to start another project if you're done with it, but don't listen to these people. The missions you created are still the most played ones and a lot of newcomers in the community are eagerly waiting for more content.

Look at the bright side :smile_o:

Domination is simply the best to begin with ArmA!

@Oktane: Thanks mate. But after reading it i understood i really dont have the skill to do it.

Is there any other to script a random main objective + spawning IA in it?

Edited by RoME

Anyone that knows where to edit wich unit can do what?

Such as engineers, medics and arty observers for example?

Would like to open up the possibility for everybody to do multiple things when we are few players playing, and doesnt have to jump out and change roles everytime...

Anyone that knows where to edit wich unit can do what?

Such as engineers, medics and arty observers for example?

Would like to open up the possibility for everybody to do multiple things when we are few players playing, and doesnt have to jump out and change roles everytime...

Frosties, use 'find in files' as i explained before... what is the name of the artillery man in the editor? RESCUE1..

One needs to learn to accept feedback and critic too Xeno.

The discussion was okay and people even clarified their POV.

In short Domination is played a lot both public and by teams for very good reasons.

At the same time, it would be good to make it teach people, improve gameplay and

It is just the natural way that popular missions shape the way the game is played.

How you as a mission designer cope with that, is up to you.

Do you have to improve it? No. Even everyone could. To be realistic only very few

are able to and as capable as you, and even smaller chance that someone else will try.

Absolutely right. The reason some people like to knock Xeno and Domination is that it's so popular. In my experience, the accusations of immaturity tend come from the kiddies and as kju says, everyone of the detractors in that thread have since clarified their comments.

Frosties, use 'find in files' as i explained before... what is the name of the artillery man in the editor? RESCUE1..

Thank you!

Had looked through find in files... but hade searched with the wrong string!

Found it now.

Can anyone help me with the markers?

Cant get markers to stick with added vehicles.

And i cant seem to find the connection in any files, that binds the vehicle name together with the correct marker...

somebody please help me.... :D

did you look in x_scripts\x_setvehiclemarker.sqf?

did you look in x_scripts\x_setvehiclemarker.sqf?

Yes i have.

But i cant find the connection between the names xvec and the marker name.

Yes i have.

But i cant find the connection between the names xvec and the marker name.

This code, in the file mentioned, makes the markers move.

X_XMarkerVehicles = {
private ["_i","_mdir"];
for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {
	call compile format ["if (!(isNil ""MRR%1"") && !(isNull MRR%1)) then {if (d_v_marker_dirs) then {""mobilerespawn%1"" setMarkerDirLocal (direction MRR%1)};""mobilerespawn%1"" setMarkerPosLocal (position MRR%1);};",_i];
	sleep 0.03;
};
{
	call compile format["if (!(isNil ""%1"") && !(isNull %1)) then {""%2"" setMarkerPosLocal (position %1);if (d_v_marker_dirs) then {""%2"" setMarkerDirLocal (direction %1)};};",(_x select 0), (_x select 2)];
	sleep 0.03;
} forEach d_choppers;
for "_i" from 1 to 10 do {
	call compile format["if (!(isNil ""TR%1"") && !(isNull TR%1)) then {""truck%1"" setMarkerPosLocal (position TR%1);if (d_v_marker_dirs) then {""truck%1"" setMarkerDirLocal (direction TR%1)};};",_i];
	sleep 0.03;
};
if (!(isNil "MEDVEC") && !(isNull MEDVEC)) then {"medvec" setMarkerPosLocal (position MEDVEC);if (d_v_marker_dirs) then {"medvec" setMarkerDirLocal (direction MEDVEC)};};
sleep 0.03;
};

So if you add your own vehicles array:

{
	call compile format["if (!(isNil ""%1"") && !(isNull %1)) then {""%2"" setMarkerPosLocal (position %1);if (d_v_marker_dirs) then {""%2"" setMarkerDirLocal (direction %1)};};",(_x select 0), (_x select 2)];
	sleep 0.03;
} forEach d_frostiesvehicles;

And add a new array to common.sqf which contains your vehicles:

d_frostiesvehicles = [["vehiclename1", 0, "markername1"],["vehiclename2", 0, "markername2"]];

The names must be something# because thats how the code works in other places such as the vehicle respawn. You must also make markers on the map for them first, and they must be named something#... # being a number that matches the vehicle #.

(_x select 0), (_x select 2)] means extract name from d_frostiesvehicles, 0 element is name of vehicle, 2 element is markername.

Is it possible to achieve some sort of save game with this?

I want to play Domination over the course of a week, a couple of hours a night.

Without persistent, the server will restart after all players quit. We play the south route game, where the order of objectives is preset and we want to do mission 1 on Monday night, then return to the server on Tuesday night to play mission 2 an so on and so forth.

Persistent server sort of gives us this, but the AI will still be running around, shooting stuff. Less than ideal.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Not only that, I've learnt more coding and mission making skills from delving inside Xeno's code than reading any other help files you might find around here.

New version: A2 1.20

AFAIK the release has not been announced officially.

I guess it is the actual version and not another test.

New version: A2 1.20

AFAIK the release has not been announced officially.

I guess it is the actual version and not another test.

Is there any release notes on what has been fixed/updated/added?

Edit Testing: Got this error while doing some testing.

(co40_Carrier_Domination_1_20A2.Chernarus)

Error in expression <rders...","Waiting for orders..."];

if (current_target_index == -1) then {

task1>

Error position: <current_target_index == -1) then {

task1>

Error Undefined variable in expression: current_target_index

File C:\Users\.......\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Goodboy\mpmissions\co40_Carrier_Domination_1_20A2.Chernarus\tasks.sqf, line 50

Edited by Goodboys

Woooo - adminspectate is back - damn how i missed that since arma1 - damn greeeat, now admin can kick/ban idiots without having to guess what went on - thx sooo much. Having 1 problem with it - how do i get out of adminspectatemode ? Pressing esc seems to get me into some kind of hoovering mode. Only by respawning can i get out of the spectatemode.

----------------------------------------------

ok found out how to get out of spectatemode. Press esc - then move mouse up so view hits ground.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

It's groups of roving AI, usually a mechanised squad. They wander around the island, shooting your dudes.

It's groups of roving AI, usually a mechanised squad. They wander around the island, shooting your dudes.

Oh, I see.. I guess that includes also those annoying random AA vehicles that kill me everytime when I approach base with my damaged A-10?? :cool: