Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

"Eden" is Everon - the original Operation Flashpoint island... SAP Everon for Arma2 maybe??? It's very well done, yet still faithful to the original... It's like going home after a long holiday :D

Thanks yet again for another update Xeno!

B

And yet another Test Release available: 1.12T

Again many internal rewrites, bug fixes, added some features (you'll find them), updated some bonus missions and added a new bonus mission from Kid Dynamite, co29 Unternehmen Lehrgang (with revive).

And, target size can now be set in the target_names array again :)

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/domination

Please report problems in the Dom bug tracker at dev-heaven (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/issues/new, you need a dev-heaven account for it).

Just a warning, Dom is not made to be played hosted only dedicated!

Enjoy!

Xeno

Cool. I see the file sizes have crept up a little. I wonder what extra goodies are in there?

Everon too! Nice.

Thanks for the new update and SVN commit. Interestingly, last night a friend and I played a merge of 1.11 and for all the changes, there was only the missing bracket spew and the bank mission bug. The town was electro and the side mission also happened to be the electro bank mission, I don't think the EH fired when the building was destroyed. I'll try to recreate that situation and put some debug log text in to see what happened. I would assume, although I haven't tested it, that if the nearestobject ID lookup failed, that the creation of the EH would fail. I'll check the RPT on the server. (edit, argh nothing in RPT)

Nice work though, hats off to you sir.

Edited by oktane

Xeno (or anybody)...

I seem to recall the addition of a command to cut away from a stuck chute but I can find it in search. Anyone know what it is?

Xeno (or anybody)...

I seem to recall the addition of a command to cut away from a stuck chute but I can find it in search. Anyone know what it is?

Radio Juliet

_trigger = createTrigger["EmptyDetector" ,_pos];
_trigger setTriggerArea [0, 0, 0, false];
_trigger setTriggerActivation ["JULIET", "PRESENT", true];
_trigger setTriggerStatements["this","if ((vehicle player) isKindOf 'ParachuteBase') then {if ((position player select 2) < 5) then {player action ['eject', vehicle player];}}",""];

Radio Juliet

_trigger setTriggerStatements["this","if ((vehicle player) isKindOf 'ParachuteBase') then {if ((position player select 2) < 5) then {player action ['eject', vehicle player];}}",""];

One of my players had to use it last night and he reported it wasn't working. The option appeared when he and his parachute landed on a slope, but it didn't get him out of the 'chute. He had to respawn.

Map was 112 Chernarus West.

One of my players had to use it last night and he reported it wasn't working. The option appeared when he and his parachute landed on a slope, but it didn't get him out of the 'chute. He had to respawn.

The radio option is allways there. Maybe < 5 is to low, I'll replace it with < 10.

Xeno

The radio option is allways there. Maybe < 5 is to low, I'll replace it with < 10.

Xeno

OK mate. Which file is that line in, so I can apply that fix now?

By the way, you said you've done major rewrites - will that affect overall performance? Maybe I was imagining it, but I and other clients said they were getting better FPS in the new 112 version?

Also, Javelin (BIS original) wasn't locking on to vehicles out in the open. Is that likely to be mission code related?

OK mate. Which file is that line in, so I can apply that fix now?

Search for "JULIET" in x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf.

By the way, you said you've done major rewrites - will that affect overall performance? Maybe I was imagining it, but I and other clients said they were getting better FPS in the new 112 version?

That was one goal of the rewrite :)

I allways experiment with different approaches of solving or optimizing stuff.

Also, Javelin (BIS original) wasn't locking on to vehicles out in the open. Is that likely to be mission code related?

No, I don't think so. It's an A2 problem.

Xeno

Search for "JULIET" in x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf.

Done. I've set it to 10 and will test and report back.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

That was one goal of the rewrite :)

I allways experiment with different approaches of solving or optimizing stuff.

It's subjective and unmeasured, but I reckon I was getting framerate increases of between 10 and 30 percent.

That's excellent work. It means we've got a little bit of headroom for other toys like Fire&Smoke, which is damn useful in Domi.

As ever, many thanks for your efforts.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

n x_scripts\x_setupplayer.sqf.

I've not looked in this file before. Some interesting stuff in there! I can turn airtaxi on for non AI version here?

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Still not working at 10.

173eff-4.jpg

Still not working at 10.

I'll check it again though it is a bug that should get fixed by BI.

Xeno

@marc420: As oktane says, you set the targets radius in i_common.sqf. However, if you check x_scripts\x_createnexttargetclient.sqf, you'll see that the area marker size is hardcoded to 300,300. So it will not update according to the target radius.

Never mind the hardcoded radius. I'm in the middle of synchronizing 1.12T version with my edit and see that this is now updated by Xeno.

Edit: Are side missions working ok, or are my editing "skills" haunting me? When completing one I don't get the completed hint or any rewards, but the next side mission is generating ok. I've just completed 4 side missions solo with nothing happening on completion.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I can't think of any reason to restrict at what altitude you can eject from a steerable chute, can anyone else? If you eject in the air, you just get a non steerable chute anyways (if you are high enough) :p

Try this?

_trigger setTriggerStatements["this","if ((vehicle player) isKindOf 'ParachuteBase') then {player action ['eject', vehicle player];hintsilent 'You cut your parachute cords!'};",""];

_trigger setTriggerStatements["this","if ((vehicle player) isKindOf 'ParachuteBase') then {player action ['eject', vehicle player];hintsilent 'You cut your parachute cords!'};",""];

Same result. Radio Juliet seems to have no effect and the player is either killed or forced to respawn.

Same result. Radio Juliet seems to have no effect and the player is either killed or forced to respawn.

If you notice, I put a hint in there, did you see the hint?

Also, 'the player is killed' does not make sense, if he hit a tree while in the steerable parachute, this is expected. If he is stuck on something, he can only die when the chute is damaged (like went upside down?) The para damage handling code for the steerable chute is similar to the choppers.. if the rotor touches something then the damage goes up really fast.

The problem with the steerable, is that its not a type of Chute, but rather a 'plane'. :) Give me a sec to fix it.

Here you go:

_trigger setTriggerText "Cut Parachute Cord";
_trigger setTriggerStatements["this","if (typeOf (vehicle player) in ['ParachuteWest','Parachute','ParachuteEast','ParachuteG','ParachuteC','BIS_Steerable_Parachute']) then {if ((position player select 2) < 6) then {player action ['eject', vehicle player];} else {hintSilent ""Too high to cut your cord!"";};} else {hintSilent ""Not currently in a parachute!"";};",""];

Edited by oktane

If you notice, I put a hint in there, did you see the hint?

Also, 'the player is killed' does not make sense, if he hit a tree while in the steerable parachute, this is expected. If he is stuck on something, he can only die when the chute is damaged (like went upside down?) The para damage handling code for the steerable chute is similar to the choppers.. if the rotor touches something then the damage goes up really fast.

The problem with the steerable, is that its not a type of Chute, but rather a 'plane'. :) Give me a sec to fix it.

I did see the private hint in the code and no, I didn't see it on screen. Both times, I picked a particularly steep slope to land on, maybe the chute impacted the ground and was destroyed?

Should I try cutting the cords a couple of metres above ground?

I did see the private hint in the code and no, I didn't see it on screen. Both times, I picked a particularly steep slope to land on, maybe the chute impacted the ground and was destroyed?

Should I try cutting the cords a couple of metres above ground?

Ah yeah, there was an oversight on the classnames. I posted the fixed and tested code in the post above.

Before I had asked why it was restricted, after testing i found it is because when ejecting from the steerable chute, you warp to the ground. 10 meters should be good for a particularly high tree.. maybe you want to restrict people from exploiting that and set it lower though. People shouldn't be allowed to land in dense forests imo. I've found that if you leave any 'holes' like that, people tend to exploit them. :D

edit:

In our version, we still have the Radio command that Xeno implemented but I don't think people use it because as soon as Xeno implemented HALO, I changed my old para to steerable para watcher script into a 'cut cords' script. So when you get close to the ground, it unlocks the parachute and allows you to eject. Here is the code if you want to use it, I call it in the playersetup. It may not be the best way to do it since it checks the players vehicle every second but it seems to work ok, maybe it would be better as an sqs but I try to stick with sqf.

scripts\para_watcher.sqf (call with execVM "scripts\para_watcher.sqf"; only once for a client, i put it in x_setupplayer.sqf)

// parachute replacer by oktane
// changed to cut cord script since Xeno implemented halo now
private["_chutes","_pos","_dir","_unit"];
if (!local player) exitwith {};
_chutes = ["ParachuteWest","ParachuteEast","ParachuteG","ParachuteC","BIS_Steerable_Parachute"];
while{true} do {
sleep 1;
_vehicle = vehicle player;
if (typeof _vehicle in _chutes) then {
	if ((position player select 2) < 8) then {
		_vehicle lock false;
		waitUntil {vehicle player != _vehicle || !alive player};
		deletevehicle _vehicle;
	};
};
};

Edited by oktane

I put the new fix you edited at 1052, 3 posts up and it works. The hint shows only very breifly, so it's easy to miss, but it works.

I tried twice, once cutting the cords a couple of meters up and that worked fine. My chap fell to the ground, grunting, but uninjured.

The second time I waited until my chaps feet were on the ground and being dragged by the chute. I cut the cords with radio juliet and the chute cut away and my guy stood up. After a bit of frozen to the spot, he was free to move off.

Many many thanks.

I put the new fix you edited at 1052, 3 posts up and it works. The hint shows only very breifly, so it's easy to miss, but it works.

I tried twice, once cutting the cords a couple of meters up and that worked fine. My chap fell to the ground, grunting, but uninjured.

The second time I waited until my chaps feet were on the ground and being dragged by the chute. I cut the cords with radio juliet and the chute cut away and my guy stood up. After a bit of frozen to the spot, he was free to move off.

Many many thanks.

No problem, glad it works.

The weirdness with the fade to black and such is caused by BIS's script, not any of this custom stuff. When you eject from the steerable chute, some extra things are done behind the scenes such as fade to black, warp player to ground, delete old parachute, etc. But those files are in the core game's PBO's so we can't fiddle with them. The freeze may be caused by the script trying to warp the player to the ground but if you are on a slope, 0 doesn't exactly mean 'ground' so the player falls a short distance. While falling, you can't control him.. similar to being stuck on something or jumping off a building. :D

call with nil = execVM "scripts\para_watcher.sqf";

Please never use nil as a script handle.

It overwrites nil !

Edit: I've implemented your solution but as a FSM.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Please never use nil as a script handle.

It overwrites nil !

Edit: I've implemented your solution but as a FSM.

Xeno

Holy crap. Thanks, gotta break that habit then.. I don't know where I picked that up.

edit:

So first time making an FSM.. I'm curious, did this turn out basically the same as yours? http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/ParaBug.fsm And when this thing runs, it updates at some set interval, checking the conditions? Pretty cool.. and seems to work too!

Edited by oktane

Wow! x_blockspacebar combined with Show Player Names (not the markers) in the settings dialog is an ancient dream come true. Just a suggestion: The names can be fairly long and create a lot of clutter especially when you are a tight group. Is it possible to rename this On Screen, then have a similar dropdown as the marker system? Just an idea :)

Another thing. Since we're using restricted_weapons, is it possible to have the list of allowed weapons shown in the General Mission Settings part of the settings dialog? It must be frustrating for new users not used to this system activated having a ton of weapons to choose from, but no idea what they can actually use. My platoon organization and weapons differ greatly from the original.

Edited by CarlGustaffa