Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Breog are you running the latest version of Domination (1.09) as I belive previous versions the CTF side missions were bugged. Work fine now on our server.

~Z~

not, runing 1.03, maybe that´s the problem but can´t find 1.09 version, can u tell me the link plz.

Thanks a lot

Killg0re

Lance Corporal

Xeno,

The bank mission is also not ending.... Mission #45

Xeno

Gunnery Sergeant

Originally Posted by Killg0re View Post

The bank mission is also not ending.... Mission #45

I'm aware of it but I'm not able to reproduce it in my latest version. Mission allways ends (though I'm not using nearestObject ID anymore).

mission always ends -> can confirm that...4 explosive charges and the bank went down

I too am struggling to complete the bank mission. I placed 6+ satchels on it and all it does is cause debris, no completion though. Ive even flattened every building in the immediate vicinity and blown up the debris and still no luck

edit- Oh I see we now have ranks based on post count. How very novel. I feel Like a real grown up soldier.

Xeno, thanks for the help with the helo markers. Works like a charm now!

One last tidbit: I'd like to add a "pilot" to the recruit barracks. I've poured over every file but I can seem to locate that code (I swear I've seen it in there before). I can sort out what needs to be inserted, if I could just find it.

Any chance you recall where that is offhand?

Thanks

talking of helos - I'm trying to get certain craft I have put in at the start (a cobra) to take longer to respawn than the blackhawks.

Looking in x_helirespawn2 line 50 there is

_tt = 20 + random 10;
	sleep _tt;

I'm not a coder - and usually have just made tweaks to values in Domination, but I've tried replacing this with

if (_vehicle in [hr1,HR2,HR3,HR4,HR5]) then {
	         _tt = 20 + random 10;
	         sleep _tt;
                   } else {
	         _tt = 60 + random 120;
	         sleep _tt;
                   }

But that just broke the respawn :(

Any ideas?

~Z~

Well unless you forgot to include it in your example, I believe you break the script by not having a ; at the end...

Also presumably you didnt forget to move this below the _vehicle definition?

Just some things of the top of my head when looking at the file. I havent looked at it further.

Brilliant! I was worried it was something stupid.....

I'm now wondering if the variable _vehicle as defined isn't the list of chopper names HR1 HR2 etc, and they are all defaultign to the longer time....need to experiment by crashing them some more I guess!

(yes, I had moved the statement below the variable declaration - thanks for pointing out the missing ; - I'm really out of my depth messing with these files!

Regards

~Z~

Greetings All,

Domination is wonderful. We very much enjoy these scripts for our server at "Zoo's World!". Since we have seen the last Domination release and ARMA2 Patch 1.04 is out, I would like to be able to get the time sync when joining fixed.

I am very new to editing sqf files, but I have figured out how to extract the sqf files, but does anyone know off hand where the commented out commands are for the time fix (Since 1.03 broke it, Xeno commented or removed the commands).

Weird bug that has cropped up with the 1.09final. When/if someone crashes to desktop (arma freezes, whatever) an AI unit takes that players place complete with the exact same kit the player had.

This is in the regular west version no ai, no revive, one team. Anyone else had this happen or can provide some insight?

It's normally not a problem, however on a few instances the AI has been a message spammer. And a couple other times the mission had to be restarted as no one could join say the engineer group if the ai took the place of the leader position which happened once when I alt+f4 to get out of the game quick.

I connected to several Domi servers today to test the timesync issue. Some have the time sync issue resolved (see my last post above) and other servers not. For those that have it working, a quick post for what code to include or change would be very appreciative for all of us.

Again, Thanks in advance

can't help you with the time sync code, but I'll add that if anyone has sucessfully implemented fast time I would be ecstatic to hear how

Other than that issue, so far, v1.04 and the latest domination seem to be working well for us. What is "fast time"?

Edited by Zoolander64

hmm, still can't get the different respawn periods to work for choppers :(

in the code below, all the respawns took the "else" path, so I guess _vehicle wasn't the array of names HR1 HR2 etc.

}if (_vehicle in [hr1,HR2,HR3,HR4,HR5]) then {
	         _tt = 20 + random 10;
	         sleep _tt;
                   } else {
	         _tt = 60 + random 120;
	         sleep _tt;
                   };

Any way to check what values it has?

Anyway instead I changed the line in init.sqf that calls x_helirespawn2 with the array of choppers, to only be the quick respawn choppers. Then I duplicated the line with the long respawn choppers and called x_helirespawn3, where I changed the value!

[[ch1,"HR1",true],[ch2,"HR2",true],[ch3,"HR3",true],[ch4,"HR4",true],[ch5,"HR5",false,500]] execVM "x_scripts\x_helirespawn2.sqf";
      [[ch6,"HR6",true],[ch7,"HR7",true],[ch8,"HR8",true]] execVM "x_scripts\x_helirespawn3.sqf";

Needless to say, this still hasn't worked. They all use x_helirespawn2 :(

argh!

~Z~

(I had initially placed new choppers that didn't respawn, but when wrecked, they didn't get wrecked markers first time (subsequent times they did! wierd.....)

Other than that issue, so far, v1.04 and the latest domination seem to be working well for us. What is "fast time"?

fast time is pretty prevalent in warfare type missions, it basically means that for every 1 second in "real world time" it advances 1 minute in "arma time" The cool thing about this is that you get to go through several day/night cycles in a single match without having to play for 24 hours (and fire and explosions at night are amazing). Plus weather changes happen more often, so overall it really adds alot to the atmosphere.

zach72, why don't you reference the vehicle respawn scripts (or copy and paste your own with edited parameters) and activate them via the init line under the unit in the mission.sqm? Just keep in mind you'll need to add in custom units that are referenced elsewhere or remove the previous commands for helo respawns.

I believe... (A1 was like this i think)...

If you speed up the time...other things speed up as well.

Timers on satchels ...etc..

Hi

My clan is running the latest version of the mod and we found 2 bugs in mission Strassenkampf (Revive) with latests 1.04 patch (not sure its related to the patch though) :

1. We setup the mission time to 2pm, but some players enter the game and see its night, they have to quit and re-enter multiple times to see the correct day time

2. When we are killed sometimes our character is duplicated (we can see 2 copies of it laying on the ground) and when its happen it can't be revived.

Any info on those bugs?

Regards

I connected to several Domi servers today to test the timesync issue. Some have the time sync issue resolved (see my last post above) and other servers not. For those that have it working, a quick post for what code to include or change would be very appreciative for all of us.

Again, Thanks in advance

Then you have the answer, in your MPMissionsCache directory! Unpbo and look at the mission.. If you find it, post it here!

Then you have the answer, in your MPMissionsCache directory! Unpbo and look at the mission.. If you find it, post it here!

Unlikely. I'd suggest he was seeing different results because of the different server setups he was connecting to.

I have determined the mission file, and unpbo'd it. I am in the guts of the scripting, but being a newbie to ARMA scripting, I have yet to determine the command or proper placement in the numerous scripts.

Playing with the scripting is kinda fun.

Unlikely. I'd suggest he was seeing different results because of the different server setups he was connecting to.

Hi Tankbuster

Server setups should have nothing to do with the TOD syncing. If he was joining 1.04 servers, that were running different versions of Domination (which is what I took his explaination as) then it would be likely one of them was the older version that still synced all clients when one JIP client joined via the publiceventhandler.

Here is a comparison, I'm pretty sure this is right, I when thru each version and foundinfiles "date_str":

Server Init on Startup:
date_str = date;
publicVariable "date_str";

JIP Client (on client):
nothing

OnPlayerConnected (on server):
date_str = date;

playerSetup script (client only)
if (count date_str > 0) then {
	setDate date_str;
};
// everytime a new player connects time gets synced
"date_str" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
	setDate (_this select 1);
};
};

Server Init on Startup:
d_date_str = date;
publicVariable "d_date_str";

JIP Client (on client):
if (!isNil "d_date_str") then {
	if (count d_date_str > 0) then {
		setDate d_date_str;
	};
};
date_str = date;
(note that this appears to have been a typo.. should be d_date_str, forgot to change from 1.00)

playerSetup Script (client only)
Moved to JIP client above. Nothing here.

Server Init on Startup:
d_date_str = date;
publicVariable "d_date_str";

JIP Client (on client):
if (!isNil "d_date_str") then {
	if (count d_date_str > 0) then {
		setDate d_date_str;
	};
};

date_str = date;
(note that this appears to have been a typo.. still)

playerSetup Script (client only)
Nothing here since 1.03

Now I had an old version where I fixed the typo (sorry Xeno if its not a typo) and the time sync worked. (this was pre Arma 1.03) BUT it made everyones game pause, it was horrible. I had used parts of 1.0's timesync code with the pubvar event.

Now as a comparison, here is how Warfare in A1 did it.

If fast time was on, the server would do this:
set currentTime to the current time (plus any skipping of time) and publicvariable it.
The client would, every second:
Read currentTime and update the game so the time was synced with the server.

If fast time wasn't on, it would do nothing! Maybe we should just take out the date fiddling commands!

Edited by oktane

Hi Tankbuster

Server setups should have nothing to do with the TOD syncing. If he was joining 1.04 servers, that were running different versions of Domination (which is what I took his explaination as) then it would be likely one of them was the older version that still synced all clients when one JIP client joined via the publiceventhandler.

Ah, I didn't read what he was talking about because I didn't read far back enough in the topic. I thought he was on about general JIP yellow chains, rather than specifically time of day discrepancies.

I didn't know that all clients were synced when a client JIP'd.

So, while I catch up, is this problem fixed in 1.09 or should we all be making code changes like you did above?

Ah, I didn't read what he was talking about because I didn't read far back enough in the topic. I thought he was on about general JIP yellow chains, rather than specifically time of day discrepancies.

I didn't know that all clients were synced when a client JIP'd.

So, while I catch up, is this problem fixed in 1.09 or should we all be making code changes like you did above?

Well I haven't fixed it yet, those code peices are from Xeno.. comparing the time handling from each version of Domi for arma2. The one time i did fiddle with it, the FPS would drop when anyone joined for a few seconds.. I don't recommend doing that. Maybe the fix is to just remove the code now that the normal sync time when player joins bug is fixed in 1.04? There should not be a need for it unless the map is running in fasttime mode. I'll look at a few other 'very dynamic' missions and see how they did it if I can this weekend.

I think there is a misconception that something was commented out of the code due to the setdate bug. Its true that he made changes, notably he removed the public variable event handler, which was kind of overkill to begin with. (syncing all players time when only one player needs his time synced seems overkill i mean)

When a player joins a server, regardless of the map, the time should be syncronized to the server's current time. Thats how it SHOULD work, but I have not verified it in 1.04. The only time that 'time handling' code should be needed (if there is no more bug) is if the map has a fasttime option and its enabled. :p

Greetings Oktane,

Ok, what you are saying makes a lot of sense. Now, is it ARMA 2 that is responsible for the client time sync to server when a player connects, or does the mapmaker have to add his code.

Here is my guess. ARMA 2 normally does the sync as part of the product/game/simulation. Domi maps are coded to perform a time sync to the admin set default time. So another sync occurs to this default server time, (5am is default for Domi I think)

Am I all wet here?

So the trick might be to allow admin to set the server clock (once at map startup, like it is now), but clients use the intrinsic ARMA 2 command (already automatic)

I could be way way off.