Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

As I understand your hot fix or 1.04 is finished are there switches or a command line that can make the enemy strength stronger or larger and still stay in Regular mode?

Haha it would be nice if Admins could shutdown a runaway mhq or chopper, What do other groups do to halt BF2 players in game.

I went to UnPBO it to change some stuff, eg, only pilots can fly etc, but nothing happened :confused: Any ideas on how to UnPBO it ?

co18 Elsternest (Revive)

Magnificent mission, needs more slots 25 and AI to suit. And maybe a couple more large OBJ.

Thank you

As I understand your hot fix or 1.04 is finished are there switches or a command line that can make the enemy strength stronger or larger and still stay in Regular mode?

Haha it would be nice if Admins could shutdown a runaway mhq or chopper, What do other groups do to halt BF2 players in game.

Amen spend most of the time in my server babysitting vital assets instead of playing.

Love these missions. Good work thanks! :)

I have a couple of questions though.

Is the following score board totals normal?

This is an unedited version 1.03 mission co30_Domination_1_03A2_West.Chernarus. We're upto mission 14/21.

ads_score.jpg

Also if some one has any idea on how to stop the AI base rapes/toggle the roving AI it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I noticed that for some reason the stock domiA 1.03 West mission once uploaded to a dedicated server the "target artillery" ability for arty pieces doesn't activate.....Anyone have a similiar problem?

Love these missions. Good work thanks! :)

I have a couple of questions though.

Is the following score board totals normal?

This is an unedited version 1.03 mission co30_Domination_1_03A2_West.Chernarus. We're upto mission 14/21.

Also if some one has any idea on how to stop the AI base rapes/toggle the roving AI it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes this happens when you leave and come back the score is doubled as ArmA keeps the score and the Mod keeps the score so it gets doubled.

Yes this happens when you leave and come back the score is doubled as ArmA keeps the score and the Mod keeps the score so it gets doubled.

And... it's (internally) fixed allready for a week now.

Nothing mentioned in A2 1.03 changelog that the A2 1.03 server now saves player scores and death count (only for the current mission).

What happens is that the points of the server now get added to the points that I store in an array per player or vice versa.

No new version til next patch because I don't know what that patch will break or add.

Edit: There's another bug in A2 1.03, dead AI units can't be deleted sometimes (only in MP) although the object refs get into my dead list array just fine, but deleteVehicle does nothing (worked perfectly fine before A2 1.03). Haven't found a workaround for this yet although I've wasted allmost a complete afternoon for this trying different approaches.

Also if you kill an AI unit sometimes it takes ages before they actually hit the ground, they keep running although they should be dead allready (and that is a server running with maximum possible server cycles, 50).

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

I recall seeing the on/off (true/false) for this. I forget which file, but I'll look for it tonight. I don't remember if it was all roaming stuff (to include town recaps) or if it was just base rapes, but it's in there somewhere.

I *think* this is what you want.....

Unpack the pbo and look in the file: "i_server.sqf"

(random patrols)

// add some random patrols on the island
// if the array is empty, no patrols
// same size like a rectangular trigger
// first element = center position, second element = a, third element = b, fourth element = angle, fifth element = number of groups
d_with_isledefense = [[6592.61,8606.63,0], 6000, 6000, 0, 4];

(base rape)

// if set to true no enemy AI will attack base and destroy bonus vehicles or whatever
d_no_sabotage = false;

I *think* this is what you want.....

Unpack the pbo and look in the file: "i_server.sqf"

Thanks for finding that i'll give it a go! :D

found the roving patrols also

// add some random patrols on the island

// if the array is empty, no patrols

// same size like a rectangular trigger

// first element = center position, second element = a, third element = b, fourth element = angle, fifth element = number of groups

d_with_isledefense = [[6592.61,8606.63,0], 6000, 6000, 0, 4];

Edited by Koops

(searched the forums and the files but I can't seem to locate what I need)

1) I've added a few attack helos for our clan Domination mission. I've got markers added but I can't seem to find where to associate them so they follow the helos (every once in awhile one gets parked off-base and lost).

Can anyone point me to the proper file? If I can find the example, I can sort out how to attach the markers to the new helos.

2) While I'm posting, I'd also like to add a "pilot" to the recruit barracks. I remember seeing the code for the barracks, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Hi all

Since latest release of maps i cant edit them any more usally play edited version of dom ai on lan.

But after copying all files over from the original mission into my new mission.sqm then i pdo it copy it to mp missions i try and load it up and it closes arma2 and i get message saying the mission name then common.sqf not found.

I checked the original mission for common.sqf file thinking i missed 1 but cant see it in xeno version either yet all his missions still work iam stuck:(

My pdo tool not working properly or some thing.

Hi all

My pdo tool not working properly or some thing.

sounds like your pdo tool isn't extracting everything. i_common.sqf is defiantly in the latest release. Might just need to check the version of the tool your using. I was using cpbo 2.1 and works fine when you just choose to extract everything.

yeah sorted it mate i was extracting the pdo wrong was only getting 18 files/pdos instead of 22 iam happy now was starting to fall into major depression i can finally give my new gtx295 a good hammering with arma:D

thanks for the reply

what would I edit to remove the problem sidemissions like Tulga flag capture? till the new patch, and version of this are out.

looked at the mission_how_to.txt file?

ie. just delete the x_missions\common\x_sideflag.sqf file.

The mission how to says the side missions are randomly selected. So by deleting the flag one it shouldn't provide it as an option.

Xeno,

Great campaign mission!, the award is certainly well deserved.

I am not sure if this is a bug, but I have been running version 103 for about 2 weeks now and about halfway through the campaign aircraft radar no longer works. Once that occurs your not even able to lock on to laser guided targets, the radar is blank. At first I thought perhaps a radar Jammer, but sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting resolve the issue.

Another slight issue, is if I set the time of day to around 1400...no matter how long the server has been running a new client connecting to the server clock will start at 1400. If a user disconnects once his client goes dark, and reconnects he reconnects at 1400 in the daytime. Not sure how to make the server time of day persistent to all clients connecting.

And to confirm, my server also has the score bug..that doubles score when users reconnect..thanks for fixing in 104

Again thanks for all the dedication and time you have given the community for this one.

Regards,

Mordos , Sixop Clan

Is there a way to have vehicles respawn including the commands in the object's init field?

For instance, I added 2 MLRS's to use as long range artillery. They work fine when you load the magazine that I included in the object's init field, this addmagazine "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270". The player loads the magazine the manual artillery actually works.

However, if the vehicle is destroyed and respawned, the magazine is no longer available as an option and manual artillery no longer works :(

Great mission, Xeno! We're all awaiting the new version!!!

Edited by DrStrangeLove_EBDA

looked at the mission_how_to.txt file?

ie. just delete the x_missions\common\x_sideflag.sqf file.

The mission how to says the side missions are randomly selected. So by deleting the flag one it shouldn't provide it as an option.

Tried that. Then a side mission popped up. Got the missing sideflag message.

Side mission remained with no mission. ROFL.

@DrStrangeLove_EBDA

You could try something like this (saves having them in the init of vehicles):

In your i_server.sqf add (if your mlrs is named mrls1 and mlrs2)

d_aavrespawn_named = [mlrs1,mlrs2];
[d_aavrespawn_named] execVM "scripts\mlrsrespawn.sqf";

Create scripts\mlrsrespawn.sqf

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

#include "x_setup.sqf" 

_vehicles = _this select 0;
{nul = [_x] addmagazine "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270";nul = [_x,10,490,-1,"nul = [this] addmagazine "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270"] execVM "scripts\t-respawn.sqf"} forEach _vehicles;

Then create the scripts\t-respawn.sqf from Tajin http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1355378&postcount=1

I have used similar for other things in my modded domination and works fine.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

@oOAzraelOo

Just remove 36 from sm_array in x_missions\x_missionssetup.sqf

yes, forgot to change that from mine as use it on the AAV's

you can name it whatever

Thanks again, BearBison.

Unfortunately, that didn't work out for me. But, it did point me in the right direction.

In i_client2.sqf I found the d_actions_menus_vehicle and called a script from there.

d_action_menus_vehicle = [
[["MLRS"],"Manual Artillery Reload","scripts\mlrsreload.sqf",-1000]
];

Then wrote the following quick and dirty mlrs reload script:

private ["_unit","_i"];

_unit = _this select 0;
_i= 0;

{
_unit removeMagazines _x
} forEach magazines _unit;

sleep 0.015;

for [{_i=1}, {_i<4}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{	
	_unit addMagazine "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270";
	sleep .015;
};

player globalChat format["%1","MLRS Reloaded - Manaul Artillery Ready"];	

_unit = nil;
_i = nil;

It allows me to remove the MLRS's default magazine that doesn't work with manual artillery targeting, and load up 3 magazines that do.

Now everyone on the server can practice manual long range targeting.

Don't know how long I'll keep it in the mission since 36 or more of these make short work of a mission, but for now it's working independent of whatever vehicle respawn is used. I'll probably make it vehicle name specific and limit the rounds and usage with a timer later.

Thanks again for the help! Looking forward to the next version, Xeno!!!