Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

@Xeno Cheers mate i asked the guys over at CAA1 and they told me to ask the original mission maker;) soo eer any one got any suggestions how to fix the wonky autolanding?:eek:

Hi all!

@Rogue... Someone else reported that autolanding problem on the CAA1 site I think - thats an island config thing... not a mission problem.

@Xeno... Thanks Xeno! I had indeed missed d_base_array in i_common.sqf... restorted that to the original Sahrani figures... hasn't fixed the problem though... I'l have to puzzle further over that one...

The CTF mission - I think.. was reported as being problematic earlier in this thread - mission #36 I think, - I'll disable that one, and also the Bank Job (#45) - think there was a problem with that too... and post a fixed version on the missions thread ASAP...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Hi everyone,

First i'd like to thank Xeno for his outstanding work.

Then i have one question : Why does the weapon in backpack disappear when i respawn?

And one suggestion :

Could you make the text in Show Status more visible? The blurry letters are so difficult to read, i found one version of your mission (custom version) that had a very convenient Show Status menu with colors and a normal font size (i don't think that's too much for you)

I know you're waiting for patch 1.04 to be released before you update your mission and that it will be your last version.

That's why i want it to be perfect.

Thanks again from France ;)

Edited by Lonestar

@Bush cheers mate jump on our Vent ths week and we can see if we can do some brain bashing and fix it.

@ Lonestar1 what addons are you running and are you running any of the beta patch mate?

@Bushlurker another small problem weve encountered the air to air missiles on the su 25/34 will not lock onto enemy air ie cobras/harrier/seahawks etc any ideas?

We found that Sidemission 42 (officer doesnt work properly, officer doesnt want to follow some time's)

And Sidemission 10 doesnt want to end (artillery gun was blown up, but did not complete)

@Rogue_T

I'll take a look at that - haven't flown any jets around Sahrani yet...

@Killg0re

Is this in regular Chernaurus Domination or in the Sahrani variation??

***Could I politely ask anyone who's having problems specifically with the (completely unofficial) Sahrani version to report it in the Return To Sahrani thread rather than here...???

I don't want to clutter Xeno's thread with complaints which may be purely due to my inability to copy numbers! :), or with advice and possible fixes that may be nothing to do with Official Domination A2...

Thanks!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

@ Lonestar1 what addons are you running and are you running any of the beta patch mate?

I'm running no addon and no beta patch, just normal 1.03 game :)

Am i the only one to encounter that problem with Xeno's last mission ?

@LoneStar1

It happens to a few on our server as well. It's only happened to me twice and each time it seemed to happen when I was killed in the middle of changing weapons.

I just abort and choose another class and all is ok.

However, one time when it happened (I respawned with no weapon in hand) I looked at my gear window. Nothing in there. Took one step forward and the the switch weapon animation ran. Poof, all the weapons were back including the one in the backpack.

@Xeno, couple of things that are not working (which may be due to my misunderstanding):

in i_server.sqf

// if set to true no enemy AI will attack base and destroy bonus vehicles or whatever
d_no_sabotage = true;

This has zero effect. With it set to true, which in my understanding of the comment turns off base rape, the base gets attacked ferociously within the first couple of minutes of the mission start and pretty much continually thereafter. Setting it to false makes no difference either.

I've also tried setting all variables to 0 in d_vehicle_numbers_patrol with no effect either. [[0,0], 0], // tanks as an example.

The way I read the comment I could just change the 3rd number to 0 setting the maximum number of vehicles of that type in a group to none. That didn't work. Nor did setting all 3 numbers as above to 0.

Also, when I make changes to variables that are within #ifndef __ACE__ #else sections they don't seem to have any affect on a non-ace domination mission and I end up changing both sets of variables.

#ifndef __ACE__ is supposed to mean if not defined Ace mod, correct?

Thank you very much for clarifying the chopper marker. I'm off to try that out right now.

And again, thanks for your dedication to this and to those of us working at making mods to your amazing mission!

in i_server.sqf

// if set to true no enemy AI will attack base and destroy bonus vehicles or whatever
d_no_sabotage = true;

This has zero effect. With it set to true, which in my understanding of the comment turns off base rape, the base gets attacked ferociously within the first couple of minutes of the mission start and pretty much continually thereafter. Setting it to false makes no difference either.

I've been meaning to set this to true. I've done it now and will report back when I know if it's had any effect.

However, one time when it happened (I respawned with no weapon in hand) I looked at my gear window. Nothing in there. Took one step forward and the the switch weapon animation ran. Poof, all the weapons were back including the one in the backpack.

There was a little error in the backpack script so you could end up without any weapon when you got killed while switching them, it's fixed allready, yet not released.

in i_server.sqf

d_no_sabotage = true;

This has zero effect. With it set to true, which in my understanding of the comment turns off base rape,

It only turns off the speznas or specop troops that will parajump over main base from time to time (random) and try to blow up specific buildings.

It has nothing to do with the island patrols that also use vehicles.

You should search for:

// first element = center position, second element = a, third element = b, fourth element = angle, fifth element = number of groups
d_with_isledefense = [[6592.61,8606.63,0], 6000, 6000, 0, 3];

;)

I've also tried setting all variables to 0 in d_vehicle_numbers_patrol with no effect either. [[0,0], 0], // tanks as an example.

Those variables are only meant for main targets!

#ifndef __ACE__ is supposed to mean if not defined Ace mod, correct?

As there is no ACE for ArmA 2 yet and so __ACE__ is not defined the code inside __ACE__ #ifs has no effect. The preprocessor exlcudes this code, means it doesn't get compiled.

Xeno

Xeno

Is there also a 100 or 64 player map for Domination??.

I think this is one of the best coop maps. Is is difficult to make such a map??

Finally, the final Domination release.

This release should be as bugfree as possible.

Beside bugfixing some server scripts are now FSMs (like the network processor).

All dialogs do have a new look now (A2 look, thanks to Blacksheep).

For Tankbuster... Radio JULIET to get you out of the parachute if you are stuck ;)

Oh, allmost forgot, all Dom missions are now co40.

The package includes the following missions (23):

co40 DomiA2! East

co40 DomiA2! East - AI

co40 DomiA2! East - Revive

co40 DomiA2! East - Ranked

co40 DomiA2! West

co40 DomiA2! West - AI

co40 DomiA2! West - Revive

co40 DomiA2! West - Ranked

TVT40 DomiA2! TT

co12 Hinds and Alligators

co12 Spetsgruppa Dracul

co15 Specialforce Neptune

co16 Strassenkampf (Revive)

co18 Elsternest (Revive)

co40 MP Paradrop

co47 PZgrenadierkompanie

co50 AirCav A2

co50 Red Alert 3

co50 The Longest Day

co54 Nightstrike

co57 Russian Occupation (Revive)

co60 Operation Moonwalk

HM64 Hunters

You do need ArmA 2 1.03 or better.

Download:

DominationA2! Mission Pack 1.09

There won't be any updates anymore, at least from my side.

Thank you for all your support!

Now modify the mission like you want. You don't have to ask me, just do it.

You can also release a modified version without asking me.

There are more important things in life!

Time to start either with something completely new or switch completely over to OFP : DR if it is worth it.

Enjoy

and have Fun!

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Did you also update the non-domination missions or are they the same thing?

Did you also update the non-domination missions or are they the same thing?

Some of them got also updated.

Xeno

Thanks Xeno ! :)

I thought you were waiting A2 patch 1.04 to release it?

I guess now we gonna have to be satisfied with this mission because it won't change unless someone takes over from you.

Time to start either with something completely new or switch completely over to OFP : DR if it is worth it.

What do you mean? A2 disappointed you?

Last 3 questions:

1) Where can i find a changelog of your update?

2) Where can i find a list of all the custom missions of Domination (like the one with call artillery for every player...)

3) Will the backpack bug ever be fixed? http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1428731&postcount=353

Thanks for the answers

Edited by Lonestar

It means you can spawn AI team mates

Useful for base defence and stuff like that, especially when you play with only a few players.

What do you mean? A2 disappointed you?

Kind of. Fighting against CTDs/BSODs, fighting against the same bugs that existed allready in A1, fighting against new bugs, fighting against performance problems (AI sucks away much to much performance in A2, even high end servers struggle although the number of AI groups has dropped compared to the A1 version, bad graphics performance, specially in MP), and so on, and so on.

Things like the modules, as nice as the idea is, and the new tasks system disappointed me. Modules, because most of them do not work in a dedicated environment and are much to complicated to setup for the common mission maker (not for me, I know my way around). Same for tasks.

The following sentence from one of the polls describes it best:

"Love the game but problems are sucking the fun from it"

1) Where can i find a changelog of your update?

There is none, I was to lazy to write one :)

2) Where can i find a list of all the custom missions of Domination (like the one with call artillery for every player...)

Hm, that's the AI version. Other than that a list of modified versions doesn't exist.

3) Will the backpack bug ever be fixed? http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1428731&postcount=353

Should be fixed in this release (at least I hope so).

Xeno

The following sentence from one of the polls describes it best:

"Love the game but problems are sucking the fun from it"

Everywhere on forums i can see this disappointment in particular coming from modders and creators. It seems that Bohemia is reproducing the same errors or that they don't want people to create content for ArmA 2 because they want to sell their addons and extra suff (didn't you think that the Arrowhead announcement was made too early?).
There is none, I was to lazy to write one :)
No problem we will find what you did by ourselves :)

For example, i played your new mission co40 DomiA2! West this morning and i found that you implemented a new Show Status menu like i wished with a normal font size :D

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1428731&postcount=353

Backpack should be fixed in this release (at least I hope so).

Cool i will post as soon as i have feedback about this.

Finally i wanted to say that you are one of the nicest guies out there, you give the community a lot of your free time ;)

You gave me the will to get more involved.

Edited by Lonestar

hi xeno,

i just wanted to thank you for all your work, enthusiasm, sweat and spent free time, that you put in all the stuff that you released to the community for us to play in the last years!

danke_xeno.jpg

There won't be any updates anymore, at least from my side.

Thank you for all your support!

Now modify the mission like you want. You don't have to ask me, just do it.

You can also release a modified version without asking me.

There are more important things in life!

i mostly play(ed) evo and domination and smaller usermissions @arma1+2 and i just hope, it's not cause of those nerds in the comments @armaholic about "evil" evo&domina that gave you the rest besides the probs @ arma2 to quit. those guyz should first build and release something on their own before they raise their fingers against you or domination!

i very much hope, u still will maybe change your oppinion in the future again and will be preserved to the community as long as possible. the amount of your missions played on the servers out there proves and endorsed the opposite, of some comments in the news @ armaholic! neverless i wish you, what ever you start or do from now on, all the best and a big thanks again for all your work!!

itse|chaostika @ uddp

Uploaded 1.09 at dev-heaven again, fixed two small PEBKAC bugs.

So download it again, please.

This is now really the last update.

@Chaostika7-17th

The project stops here because it's time for a change :)

Xeno