Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

thx for the hard work and great missions.:pc:

hope for new projects after arma 2 is patched:pray:

@Xeno hi mate we ran into some problems with the new longest day the ammo crates are goofed mate 1 or 2 of them are basically CTDing people when they try to access them plus there no weapons in them apart from lots of ammo no AT etc.

@Xeno hi mate we ran into some problems with the new longest day the ammo crates are goofed mate 1 or 2 of them are basically CTDing people when they try to access them plus there no weapons in them apart from lots of ammo no AT etc.

The ammo crates have, well, only ammunition now, no weapons anymore. You have a weapon, soldier :)

The crates are standard A2 crates,I've just added two Stinger launchers in some boxes, nothing gets removed.

I've played this version with 50 other players in an event and during the mission (took 3 hours) only 7 players had the normal "whatever the reason was" A2 CTDs, but no CTD because of a crate.

Xeno

Thanks again, BearBison.

Unfortunately, that didn't work out for me. But, it did point me in the right direction.

In i_client2.sqf I found the d_actions_menus_vehicle and called a script from there.

d_action_menus_vehicle = [
[["MLRS"],"Manual Artillery Reload","scripts\mlrsreload.sqf",-1000]
];

Then wrote the following quick and dirty mlrs reload script:

private ["_unit","_i"];

_unit = _this select 0;
_i= 0;

{
_unit removeMagazines _x
} forEach magazines _unit;

sleep 0.015;

for [{_i=1}, {_i<4}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{	
	_unit addMagazine "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270";
	sleep .015;
};

player globalChat format["%1","MLRS Reloaded - Manaul Artillery Ready"];	

_unit = nil;
_i = nil;

It allows me to remove the MLRS's default magazine that doesn't work with manual artillery targeting, and load up 3 magazines that do.

Now everyone on the server can practice manual long range targeting.

Don't know how long I'll keep it in the mission since 36 or more of these make short work of a mission, but for now it's working independent of whatever vehicle respawn is used. I'll probably make it vehicle name specific and limit the rounds and usage with a timer later.

Thanks again for the help! Looking forward to the next version, Xeno!!!

first of all "hi" to all,

Ä° have tried this and it works fine until respawn.how can it be worked,what respawn script did you use...(_handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_scripts\x_vehirespawn2.sqf" ....didn't worked.it respwans but without the manuel targeting option,relaod action is fine))

and dropped m119 cant manuel targetting,how can this be fixed and my last question is how can i respawn the static guns ? (m119s and mortars with manuel targeting option if its possible)

Edited by snakedoctor34
spell check,english is not my own language...

Cheers Xeno we will keep an eye on it if it goves us any more probs will et you know over at dev heaven also hwo do i put weapons back in the boxes???

Finally, the final Domination release.

All dialogs do have a new look now (A2 look, thanks to Blacksheep).

Thanks Blacksheep :bounce3: and Deadfast's On-the-fly GFX Changer .

Time to start either with something completely new or switch completely over to OFP : DR if it is worth it.

Wow :butbut: I read your post too fast yesterday, you're talking about OFP 2 : Dragon Rising the enemy of this forum? :SpiningDemon: the evil? :D

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

I must add that i reported the backpack bug mentioned before.

Even with the last version, yesterday i played on co40 DomiA2! West [1.09], the bug still happens. Go and vote for it --> http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/4363

Sorry Xeno :j:

Edited by Lonestar

As far as I can tell there is a new "Backpack bug" because when the layout is saved it saves your current weapon in hand but not the backpack weapon, so if you swap the current and backpack weapons before you die you respawn with 2 of the in hand weapons from when you saved the layout.

I think that I have found the solution:

in x_savelayout add after line 12

d_custom_backpack = [

player_backpack select 0,

player_backpack select 1

];

in x_playerspawn add after line 155

if (count d_custom_backpack > 0) then {

player_backpack = [

d_custom_backpack select 0,

d_custom_backpack select 1

];

};

Edited by Bravo17
Add possible solution

I would apprecciate to have a hardcore domination without MHQs and no parachute-flags. Maybe with an added C-130 :)

I would apprecciate to have a hardcore domination without MHQs and no parachute-flags. Maybe with an added C-130 :)

Just edit it... It's rather easy.

Domination just keeps going :)

Happily re-modding the new version for my servers specific requirements (locking down the helo's, making a few more, making game generally harder...and adding lots of message and instructions for new players, like don't trash the choppers, drive MHQ into red zone or play like muppets!); But I've hit a couple of stumbling blocks, wonder if anyone here could help?

1. I've increased the spawn area for the primary objectives, and ramped-up the number of armour and troops that appear there, making it much more challenging. However, I need to similarly expand the red circle that appears over the objective.

I've found what looks like the right bit of code in x_createmissionclient or something in the x_scripts folder (at work at mo, so can't remember exact name), and changing it's value appears to work when I host the map locally. however, when I upload to our dedi-box, the circle is the original size still.

2. Had an idea to make the ammo boxes USVehicleammo boxes instead, as people keep leaving them behind when driving the MHQ off, so I wanted to make it much bigger, and it better represents the amount of hardware available! Again, I changed the get ammo crate and drop ammo crate scripts that referred to it by name, and it seemed to work on testing locally....but on server, only the dropper can see the new crate model, everyone else sees the old one. PLUS, only the dropper can pick it up!

Any suggestions welcome !

~Z~

Edited by zach72

Once again i have 2 questions :rolleyes:

1) Why in the server list we can see : co40 DomiA2! AI West [1.04]

Where the hell is that version coming from ? The up to date version is 1.09.

2) I know engineers can unflip vehicles when they are near a repair truck but is it possible to unflip every kind of vehicle ? Even a tank?

I don't know who is going to take over from Xeno but he's got to be really strong...

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I could make a more infantry-based version of Domination. Essentially, I would like a lot more enemy infantry and fewer tanks at the main and side missions. Anyone know which scripts I need to change and how?

Cheers. :)

Nice and easy Redfist :)

Edit i_server.sqf and scroll down about half way and look for the entry:

// first element (array. for example: [2,1]): number of vehicle groups that will get spawned, the first number is the max number that will get spawned,

// the second one the minimum. So [2,0] means, there can be no vehicle groups at all or a maximum of 2 groups of this kind

// second element: maximum number of vehicles in group; randomly chosen

Follow these instructions in the arrays below and you can decrease the armour that spawns to guard and patrol the main objective.

Then below this area in the same file, find:

// allmost the same like above

// first element the max number of ai "foot" groups that will get spawned, second element minimum number (no number for vehicles in group necessary)

and make similar changes.

Side missions are more complex, as each is set up seperately. Their scriptss are in the x_missions\m folder, numbered x_m0 to X_m52. These script files may spawn the enemy, or call other script files to call them, depending on the mission.

~Z~

Edited by zach72

Hi all

Can some 1 do me a massive favour and tell me how many folders/files there should be when extracting domination A.I the latest version iam getting 23 got feeling my cpbo tool not working proberly.

When i load up a edited version the lift choppers cant lift any thing

thanks in advance:bounce3:

23 files total? that ain't right. I"m assuming we're all using the same extracting tools, and I've found "extract pbo...." doesn't work properly, but "Extract" does (all done through right click menu with cpbo)

Curious if anyone could explain the advantage of running the AI variant? It seems to spawn a bunch of ai guys at base, but they aren't controllable at all, they just stand there and do nothing, I can't recruit them or order them at all. Am I missing something?

Can anyone tell me what you can do as artillery operator in Domi ?

I´ve been playing caa1 domi latly and when i used a m119 artillery sometimes a option popep up " artillery target" but it doesnt always works .... can anyone explain me that ?

And btw why it doesnt work on Chernarus Domi ?

artileey oprators dont need to getin an m119,it's virtual artillery,in your normal artillery there must be an call artilley option selecet in click on map (range is max 500 meter form your position9 tahts it..

m119s target artillery only works m119's, which are on map when the game starts,if m119 respwned or carried with truks or dropped from choopers dont have that option.The carried and drooped guns created after game start and that artillery module dont see them...

maybe if some one modifie carry and drop scripts with the new attach to command instead of deleting and creating them,it should work...

Hey thanks bravo

yeah same amount what i got not sure whats goin on then soon as i edit the mission like add few defences to stop base rape copy all files over again pdo it but lift choppers dont work i ve gone back to the version before and it all works fine o well :j: ta anyways

Finally, the final Domination release.

Nice to see you implemented a lot of the things I had put in our version like halo eject and tasks, only much better coded. now i can delete my crap! :yay:

Thank you for all your hard work and months of man hours on this project. You are a master of the Arma2 scripting engine sir!

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

I must add that i reported the backpack bug mentioned before.

Even with the last version, yesterday i played on co40 DomiA2! West [1.09], the bug still happens. Go and vote for it --> http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/4363

Sorry Xeno :j:

I suggest you try to fix it yourself, or wait for someone here to figure it out. Give Xeno a break, he's updated this mission for at least 3 years! I don't think voting for the bug is going to do much if he's stopped working on it. ;)

Someone here will figure it out soon enough.

I suggest you try to fix it yourself, or wait for someone here to figure it out. Give Xeno a break, he's updated this mission for at least 3 years! I don't think voting for the bug is going to do much if he's stopped working on it. ;)

Someone here will figure it out soon enough.

I know Xeno stopped working on it, i'm just asking for votes for the problem to be fixed by the community as soos as possible.

I can only report (and it is already a good thing to do)

I can't fix anything ;)

a quick fix for the back pack bug without any editing is to do this

load primary weapon

put it to back

Load second weapon and AT if you need it

come out of box switch back to primary and then save loadout

You respawn with all your loadouts are correct

Dunno if this has been mentioned but it works fine for us

Regards

WOPPA

http://www.Area-53.com

Edited by woppa

ahhh iam starting pull my hair out now wtf is goin on if i edit a mission now none my lift choppers work its like got mind of its own some times they work some times they dont ive checked and double checked copyed all files over even gone into notepad both versions are same never used have these probs thought was some thing to do with the 1.09 version buts its not doin it on version before now but all was working fine 30 min ago lol.

All ive added to ai version it few guys with tow a tank and few sniper squads stop base rape that was working fine.

Then i added 1 cobra at start give my self head start now no lift choppers work.Duno whats goin on used add loads f16s loads choppers tanks and stuff at start and all worked fine:confused:totally stuck

edit:ok so i made 2 edited versions both are same except 1 has a AH1Z at the start and 1 has nt the 1 with the AH1Z at the start makes the lift choppers not work lol i dont get it.

Edited by muttly