Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

I could need some help,too ;)

In my "new" Mission "Carrier Strike Domination" I tried to combine the best of the two missions "Domination 1.09 with revive" (author Xeno) and "Carrier Command 0.1" (authors Xeno and Alexei Vostrikov). But i have some problems which i am not able to fix. Maybe someone of you can give a hand to me:

First: I want to have the Revive-Respawn-Point "base_spawn_1" on the LHD. Every try to set the hight of the marker to 15.9 failed, so that every respawn to main-base ends UNDER the LHD in the water...

The LHD_Center (vehicle="HeliHEmpty") is defined in the mission.sqm by:

this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 0];

Is it possible to define the "base_spawn_1" in a way like this

"base_spawn_1"= LHD_Center + 15.9 ???

Second: the Ammo-Point and the Chopper-Service should only be on the carrier. They should working fine in my version now, but the Chopper-Service, Jet-Service and Wreck-Point causes problemes in the arma2.rpt.

I don't have any knowledge about scripting and don't know how to fix this problems. Maybe someone could help me...

Alpha-Version of Carrierstrike Domination

Hasn't anybody got an idea to get the "Revive-Respawn"(base_spawn_1") ON the LHD?

Edited by Natalon

xeno how can i fix the bug myself on TVT domi that towers can be blown up ?

Figured out why the side missions were breaking.

I'd changed the bonus arrays so that side missions only produced air vehicles.

In x_getbonus.sqf is the following code

if (_chance > 75) then {
	if (_vecclass == "AIR") then {
		_btype = _vec_type;
	};
} else {
	if (_vecclass != "AIR") then {
		_btype = _vec_type;
	};
};

The _chance variable is random and created prior to this if/then or the while loop it's contained within.

As best as I can understand with all the vehicles in the array being air AND _chance being a number less than 75 it would be stuck in the containing while loop randomly choosing from the array until it came upon a non-Air item. Which was why the newly completed side mission was still there while the following side mission would start.

Since I don't need there to be any chance of air vs. non-air I just removed this part and poof, everything was right in the universe again.

I guess moving the _chance = random 100; inside the while loop would also take care of this as the _chance variable would be picked with each run through?

Just thought I'd share in case someone else ran across this problem.

thanks xeno for all you did.

sorry for my english

i have a problem with domination revive mode

when i was down,any words will be unable to type,only alt+F4 can be pressed,i can't speak to other player ,and i can't be revived by other player,and i can't change view.

i have to quit the game and rejoin the service.

what can i do to solve this problem

by the way,both 1.03 or 1.09 have the same problem.

An icon appears on the map and in the gps to let them know you're hit and need a medic.

This is where it helps to not go everything alone and work in a squad so that you know someone will always notice that you've been mortally wounded.

So, either team up, or join the server's voice communication of choice like TeamSpeak, etc.

Otherwise, I'd say it works as designed. You are unconscious/incapacitated and are at the mercy of your teammates. If you don't have any, you can expect to be there a while and eventually die.

After a period of time, a few buttons will appear that will allow you to respawn.

Revive is not a mode you want to play if you're looking to get right back in after being KIA.

An icon appears on the map and in the gps to let them know you're hit and need a medic.

This is where it helps to not go everything alone and work in a squad so that you know someone will always notice that you've been mortally wounded.

So, either team up, or join the server's voice communication of choice like TeamSpeak, etc.

Otherwise, I'd say it works as designed. You are unconscious/incapacitated and are at the mercy of your teammates. If you don't have any, you can expect to be there a while and eventually die.

After a period of time, a few buttons will appear that will allow you to respawn.

Revive is not a mode you want to play if you're looking to get right back in after being KIA.

thank you for answer my question

i don't think it is my problem

i kill myself at the base ,other player come to me and try to revive me, but they can't do anything to me

and someone who want to revive me found that i was ended up in the far north-east instead of revivable on the ground.

so i think it is a bug of the map

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87680

here is somebody tell me how to solve this problem,but no idea.

I played through this campaign twice and the first time i got the ah-1 late in the game, the second time it never came up at all? Is there a easy way to add a helecopter early in the game?

btw im playing domination west ai.

thanks

They are created randomly. If you want it as bonus vehicle, you have to change the script that generates them.

If you want them at the start, you can simply replace one of the 4 blackhawks with the AH1

Thanks for your replies, wich brings me to my next question, how do i edit missions others have created, ive tried to load these into the mission editor by renaming them to ones ive created etc, but never figured out how to load them into the editor.

i have a problem with domination revive mode

when i was down,any words will be unable to type,only alt+F4 can be pressed,i can't speak to other player ,and i can't be revived by other player,and i can't change view.

i have to quit the game and rejoin the service.

what can i do to solve this problem

by the way,both 1.03 or 1.09 have the same problem.

For you and all those who still experience problems :

Are you playing hosted or dedicated ?

Might happen if you play hosted and that is not fully supported (Dom is made for dedicated servers, you can run a dedi beside your normal A2).

The mission Domination is meant to be played on a dedicated server ( a computer other than yours) for you not to experience problems after a few hours playing.

It should be written in bold in the first post of this topic.

Hope this helps ;)

Edited by Lonestar

For you and all those who still experience problems :

The mission Domination is meant to be played on a dedicated server ( a computer other than yours) for you not to experience problems after a few hours playing.

It should be written in bold in the first post of this topic.

Hope this helps ;)

Actually I'm not sure if that is true. I've tried both dedicated on separate machines and dedicated on the same machine I play on, and it still gets errors and will crash out after several hours. I"m not saying its xeno's fault, as I know alot of other arma missions cant' really last for lengthy stretches.

You are not sure?

Dom is made for dedicated servers, you can run a dedi beside your normal A2

Xeno wrote it i think we can trust him.

Hi! First of all, this mission is awesome and the award is well-deserved, so thank you to Xeno for releasing it to the community.

I am new to ARMA and the mission editor and have been playing around with this mission and adding the in-game vehicles and static weapons and have been successful. So a few days ago, I decided to step it up a notch and try to include a mod into the mission, specifically, the AC-130U Spooky II gunship by rjtwins with which 3 clanmates and I could have some fun killing AI enemies. I placed an AC-130 named "gunship" on the runway in the 2-D editor and the GAU12, Bofors and M102 weapons and attached them following the instructions in the above link. Assuming what I did was correct, I proceeded to load the modified mission on a dedicated server only to find that the AC-130, GAU12, Bofors and M102 can be manned by humans, but they are not attached to the plane, and are also visible unlike in the demo mission included with the mod.

I've searched these forums hoping to find a solution, but I haven't had any luck. If anyone can point out what I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Figured out why the side missions were breaking.

I'd changed the bonus arrays so that side missions only produced air vehicles.

In x_getbonus.sqf is the following code

if (_chance > 75) then {
	if (_vecclass == "AIR") then {
		_btype = _vec_type;
	};
} else {
	if (_vecclass != "AIR") then {
		_btype = _vec_type;
	};
};

The _chance variable is random and created prior to this if/then or the while loop it's contained within.

As best as I can understand with all the vehicles in the array being air AND _chance being a number less than 75 it would be stuck in the containing while loop randomly choosing from the array until it came upon a non-Air item. Which was why the newly completed side mission was still there while the following side mission would start.

Since I don't need there to be any chance of air vs. non-air I just removed this part and poof, everything was right in the universe again.

I guess moving the _chance = random 100; inside the while loop would also take care of this as the _chance variable would be picked with each run through?

Just thought I'd share in case someone else ran across this problem.

Well thats weird, i just modified the bonus vehicles in the i_common.sqf. Its much easier, something like this:

sm_bonus_vehicle_array = (
#ifdef __DEFAULT__
switch (d_own_side) do {
	case "GUER": {["A10","AH1Z","UH1Y","AV8B","AV8B2", "F35B", "M1A2_TUSK_MG","M1A1"]};
	case "WEST": {
		if (__ACEVer) then {
			["ACE_A10_AGM_FFAR","ACE_AH64_AGM_HE_F_S_I","ACE_AH1Z_AGM_HE_F_S_I","ACE_AH1Z_TOW_HE_F_S_I","ACE_AH6_GAU19","ACE_AV8B_GBU12","ACE_AV8B_AA", "ACE_UH60RKT_HE_F", "ACE_M1A2_SEP_TUSK","ACE_M1A2_SEP","ACE_M1A2_TUSK","ACE_M1A1_HA","ACE_PIVADS","ACE_Vulcan","ACE_A10_MK82","ACE_A10_MK82HD"]
		} else {
			["A10","AH1Z","AV8B","AV8B2","F35B"]
		}
	};
	case "EAST": {
		if (__ACEVer) then {
			["ACE_Su27S2","ACE_Su27S","ACE_Su30Mk_KAB500KR","ACE_Su30Mk_Kh29T","ACE_Su30Mk_R27_R73","ACE_Su34B","ACE_Su34","ACE_Ka50","ACE_Ka50_N","ACE_KA52","ACE_BRDM2_SA9","ACE_T72","ACE_T90","ACE_T90_K","ACE_ZSU","ACE_Mi24D","ACE_Mi24P","ACE_Mi24V"]
		} else {
			["Su34","Ka52","Ka52Black","Mi24_P","Mi24_V","Su39","T72_RU","2S6M_Tunguska","T90"]
		}
	};
}

Btw, a medic can also use "Show health" instead of "show names" etc for those using the player marker system. Makes it easy to determine who is needing a medic. A simple Number would have been better than Health:Number to declutter the screen, but this is easily fixed in the script for those interrested.

I have added a 1.10 Test Release to dev-heaven (so not a normal release announce).

You can download it here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/domination

Beside bug fixing the 7z file now also includes a Dom Carrier version (normal, AI, Revive and ranked) and a new mission called co26 Wings of Steel from Panzeraufklaerer). Hopefully revive still works, I've changed some parts of it.

Many mission settings can now be set in the lobby via paramters (only an admin can do that).

Please report problems in the Dom bug tracker at dev-heaven (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/issues/new, you need a dev-heaven account for it).

Just a warning, Dom is not made to be played hosted only dedicated!

Enjoy,

Xeno

Excellent!, Thanks X :)

Will definitely give the carrier version a go.

I have added a 1.10 Test Release to dev-heaven (so not a normal release announce).

You can download it here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/domination

Beside bug fixing the 7z file now also includes a Dom Carrier version (normal, AI, Revive and ranked) and a new mission called co26 Wings of Steel from Panzeraufklaerer). Hopefully revive still works, I've changed some parts of it.

Many mission settings can now be set in the lobby via paramters (only an admin can do that).

Please report problems in the Dom bug tracker at dev-heaven (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/issues/new, you need a dev-heaven account for it).

Just a warning, Dom is not made to be played hosted only dedicated!

Enjoy,

Xeno

Thanks xeno, i hope you continue developing Domination, even if its at a slow rate, because its great :yay:

Already submited a ticket ;)

Edited by AndresCL

Well thats weird, i just modified the bonus vehicles in the i_common.sqf. Its much easier, something like this:

Yes, the array I spoke of was in i_common.sqf.

But what are you going to do when _chance (a random number picked from 1 to 100) is say 50 and the only items in your array (as you have noted in your post) are only "air"?

The post was not about changing the array of bonus vehicles but about a problem that exists when changing the bonus vehicles to only "air" assets and that causing an issue with an unending while loop and sidemissions that never resolve.

Hmmm. I changed the drop chopper to a C130 to make the drops quicker, and other than the rubbish sound it makes, it works well.

Thing is, another player called in a heli taxi and when that showed up, it was a herc too. Not exactly useful for the guy who called it.

So, do the two functions share the same vehicle or can I specify different ones? I'd like to have a Herc for the dropship and an Osprey for the taxi.

Can this be done?

edit1

OK, so scripts x_airtaxiserver uses the variable called x_drop_aircraft.

So, I can go two ways here. Either I can make a new variable called x_taxi_aircraft and reference that in airtaxiserver, or I can simply change the line in airtyaxiserver to read "opsrey" (or whatever the classname is). I assume using a variable is best?

Is it that simple? Have I missed anything?

Edited by Tankbuster

OK, so scripts x_airtaxiserver uses the variable called x_drop_aircraft.

So, I can go two ways here. Either I can make a new variable called x_taxi_aircraft and reference that in airtaxiserver, or I can simply change the line in airtyaxiserver to read "opsrey" (or whatever the classname is). I assume using a variable is best?

Is it that simple? Have I missed anything?

It is that simple :)

Xeno

Thanks mate. So I'm just going to declare x_taxi_aircraft in i_server, change the createVehicle line in x_airtaxiserver to use x_taxi_aircraft. Do I need to worry about locality or is that taken care of for me?

Thanks mate. So I'm just going to declare x_taxi_aircraft in i_server, change the createVehicle line in x_airtaxiserver to use x_taxi_aircraft. Do I need to worry about locality or is that taken care of for me?

You don't have to worry about locality problems, just replace it how you like it :)

Xeno

You're a gentleman, sir! Many thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Update on this. I made it work! I had them both come in at the same time, it's so cool.

For the drop ship, the hercy drops the cargo then circles round, looking fantastic. Sometimes, it will overfly the drop zone first then come back and drop on the second pass. Either way, it usually flies over twice, it's just a shame it sounds rubbish! :)

The heli taxi sort of works, but 2 issues.. firstly, if you use an MV22, the aircraft flies over but never lands. I changed it to one of adukes MH60s, the ERF one with big tanks and that looked good too and lands, and waits for me, but it messed up the return landing on the carrier (using carrier version.. loving this by the way!), hitting the superstructure. I'll try ejecting as the helo goes into the hover and/or the fast rope option that comes with this addon.