Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

No, you don't download multiplayer missions like that.

Just connect to a server playing it and it will be automatically downloaded for you. Don't worry about where it goes unless you want to edit the mission.

edit; Ah. You added the pic after I answered the first time. :)

Edited by Tankbuster

It did'nt automatically download it , just kicks me back to the server browser menu

its not just this server to its any with the new missions and stuff , do i have to enable automatic downloading or something?

Edited by Anddos

i extracted the contents of DomiA2_1_09_Mission_Pack.rar to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\AddOns, but get this error

Never ever put any addons or missions into your main ArmA 2 Addons folder.

You get kicked because the mission pbos aren't signed (they don't have to).

And don't put missions into an addon folder as long as they are not part of an addon. MP missions belong into the mpmissions folder.

The error message says, that you don't have the ACE 2 mod installed and try to join a server which is running a mission with ACE 2 content.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Ok thank you , will search for ace 2 installer and install it

Edited by Anddos

dunno why but my game keeps crashing with the ace 2 mod....is it unstable?

This is absolutely the wrong thread for your stability problems :)

Xeno

I updated the custom loadout post with more detail in case it didn't make sense http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1513377&postcount=674

Thanks, but I had already added 2 more MHQ's, Plus some of the other varitables I changed (I like AI lots of them, more points to rank up, higher costs for arty and such, but quicker. and it was easy enough to get 20thSFG's A10 code to work, And then convert that over to a C130 heavy bomber. (always fun droping 50 GBU's on a city). Of course the disadvantage to using thier loadout setup is you have to have the planes already on the map, And it wont work for bonus vehicles. (acualy now that I think about it, I suppose instead of directing the loadout to work with a specific plane direct it to bonus vehicles?) Just some finishing touches tonight and should have the server up tomorrow night for some playing.

Thanks, but I had already added 2 more MHQ's

I think you misunderstood, that mission doesn't have anything to do with MHQs, it has to do with planes having non stock loadouts. The 20ths scripts are not compatible with dominations dynamic respawning, or bonus vehicles etc, as you mentioned. This is exactly why I wrote the code that is in the example mission. It works, and its customizable by the mission maker, just edit o_custom_veh_loadout.sqf. You can add a c130 to that script, and it will spawn/rearm/wreckrepair/etc with the 50 LGB's. Once you are awarded a vehicle, if it has a custom loadout, it is assigned to that vehicle instance and it will always have them even if you rearm it, wreck and repair it, etc.

To put it in your mission, use WinMerge to compare my demo mission to stock 1.22, and what i added/changed will be clear.

Edited by oktane

Xeno

I noticed in the domination dev heaven list an issue with the parachutes in the ACE version. Has that been fixed. Does it also address the parachutes floating in the air and never coming down?

Better question would be is 1_24 the latest version?

Edited by gunterlund21

I noticed in the domination dev heaven list an issue with the parachutes in the ACE version. Has that been fixed. Does it also address the parachutes floating in the air and never coming down?

It's an ACE 2 problem but I think zGuba fixed it allready or is working on it.

The only thing the mission currently does is to remove used parachutes at a main target once it gets cleared.

Better question would be is 1_24 the latest version?

It is.

Xeno

Edit:

ACE mission list:

- co@40 DomA2 1.22 West ACE

- co@40 DomA2 1.22 West AI ACE

- co@40 DomA2 1.22 West RAnked ACE

- co@40 DomA2 1.22 West Revive ACE

- co@30 ACE Traininggrounds (just for testing everything available in ACE, a logged in admin can change to night or day and create new enemies)

- co@60 ACE Operation Moonwalk (with a little surprise at the end :D)

- co@54 ACE Nightstrike

- co@50 ACE The Longes Day

- co@50 ACE AirCavA2

- co@50 ACE Airbase

- co@32 ACE Untern Lehrgang

- co@30 ACE Vicious Villains

- co@12 ACE Op Cerberus (please rename the file like mentioned above)

Xeno

Sorry for the Off:

No plans to make an ACE compatible co40_MP_Paradrop? That mission rocks. Adding chem, IR,flahslights (there is any in Russian weapons?) etc, rocks²

A Blufor version (if isn´t one already) would be cool also.

Keep the great job! :)

- co@40 DomA2 1.24 East ACE

- co@40 DomA2 1.24 East AI ACE

- co@40 DomA2 1.24 East RAnked ACE

- co@40 DomA2 1.24 East Revive ACE

????????????

Goodboys add for mane mission ACE2 + UAV :D nice mission ACE2+UAV) you use allowDamage false; for MQ-9 ?

(All time THX for Xeno! Domination the best maps:))

(sorry for bad english)

It is just this script originally made by Karmichael, with some tweaks seen in this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79565

Where is 1.24? I don't see it on the DH website.

The missions should be found in C:Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@ACE\mpmissions when downloading or updating ACE.

Edited by Goodboys

The missions should be found in C:Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@ACE\mpmissions when downloading or updating ACE.

Oh, I see. It's only with ACE.

On a dedi server playing doomi will it be poss to predefine mission-parameters in the server.cfg?

If i want to start my server with the "take all towns" parameter, how would that look in the server.cfg ?

In the description.ext file, find the first params section.

Where it says defaults 8, change the 8 to 4 or 21.

Been playing Dom with the Admin Spectate option.

Is there any chance Xeno you could publish this out as a seperate addon/script.

So other mission maker can adopt ? :)

Dorph;1515154']On a dedi server playing doomi will it be poss to predefine mission-parameters in the server.cfg?

If i want to start my server with the "take all towns" parameter' date=' how would that look in the server.cfg ?[/quote']

You can do this ingame, why spell it out in the mission parameters? When you start the server, and then log in on secound computer. Before you choose a map do "#login password" So you are loged in as admin. Then once you choose a map in the next screen you can choose weather you go east, weast, random 2,4,5, completeordered..... you can also choose time of day start. Seems just as easy todo it that way, and you would get more options then telling it a specific type in the cfg. And hell if you wanted it in the cfg you might as well goto the source and change it in the description.exe.

Well what u write i exactly what i do - i set up the parameters upon staring the server/mission. But this does not help when mission is over cuz the it restarts with default parameters, or if/when server crashes and restarts - im not present on server 24/7 to set these parameters. Looks like i have go go into the .pbo's to do these thing, i just never tried this and know nothing about mission editing:(

Hello. Xeno, How soon will show the version of the East Side with ACE mod? It would be nice if it were added to the modules from the ACE, and a box with portable static guns (or in the quality award for win side missions)

On ACE 1.24 Is it still possible to change it to ranked version in the setup.sqf and then run the setupcopy.bat? Becouse I did this last night and it seems a little off. and was wondering if the ranked version is even compatable anymore?

Edited by Ruges

I was wondering is the Fire bug (where you see loads of fire on the horizon) related to Domination only? I had it today for the first time in ages while on an ACE Dom server.

Also, there is another bug where after you have been revived some times your controls go screwy, the "forward" action is constantly being pressed. I think it only started happening since the Beta. Is this a known issue and is it a Domination bug or an Arma bug?