Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Been playing Dom with the Admin Spectate option.

Is there any chance Xeno you could publish this out as a seperate addon/script.

So other mission maker can adopt ? :)

It already is separate, its Kegetys spectator script. It is found in many missions as well as Norrin's revive.

To use it, you can just copy the spect folder and call specta.sqf. But I would not use this version or norrins, because they are both modified. You may be able to fix up the domination version because it isn't too heavily modified.. that way you could keep the bug fixes that xeno may have provided.

Maybe the best thing to do is find a normal A2 mission that has it and take it from that, or look on armaholic/ofpec.

I was wondering is the Fire bug (where you see loads of fire on the horizon) related to Domination only? I had it today for the first time in ages while on an ACE Dom server.

No, it happens also in normal missions with vehicles placed in the editor.

Also, there is another bug where after you have been revived some times your controls go screwy, the "forward" action is constantly being pressed. I think it only started happening since the Beta. Is this a known issue and is it a Domination bug or an Arma bug?

Introduced in one of the beta patches and happens in many missions with revive (and other missions too if a dialog was open prior death).

Xeno

The firebug - i have noted that these fires always come from a burning wreck, repairing this wreck will stop the fire. I have also noted that this bug always show for me if i get disconnected from a game and rejoins. I have managed to get rid of the huge fires if i disconnect from the game close Arma down, launch arma again and rejoin.

Dorph;1517385']I have also noted that this bug always show for me if i get disconnected from a game and rejoins.

Exactly, happens only when you join in progress.

But I couldn't make an easy repro mission yet so the bug won't get fixed, I guess :(

Xeno

No, it happens also in normal missions with vehicles placed in the editor.

Introduced in one of the beta patches and happens in many missions with revive (and other missions too if a dialog was open prior death).

Xeno

Thanks for the info, and thanks for a great mission :inlove:

Xeno - First of all, thanks for this kickass mission. I play single-player with this - a one man army [with AI] to conquer the island! Days of fun per session.

I am modding this a bit to help a single chump accomplish this task, and I cannot understand how to subtract from the player's score.

I use this to subtract 2 points and it doesn't work. Please let me know the correct syntax.

["d_pas", player, -2] call XSendNetStartScriptServer;

I use this to subtract 2 points and it doesn't work. Please let me know the correct syntax.

["d_pas", player, -2] call XSendNetStartScriptServer;

If you just want to affect the players score (or another player), you can use "player addscore -2" see here This will work fine if you are hosting locally which I am guessing you are.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Xeno

Hey Xeno

I have a thread about that here.. do you think it is a side effect of 'disableuserinput' or that it is related to dialogs? It seems hard to reproduce.. I tried for 30 minutes once because I wanted to put it on the CIT.. if you have any more info maybe you could add to that thread. If there is already a CIT ticket, then never mind.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

CiberAlex;1516628']How soon will show the version of the East Side with ACE mod?

If you notice, there isn't a ton of ACE stuff for the east side unfortunately.. check out the ACE Training Grounds map to see what I mean.

If you're familiar with editing, it's possible for you to depbo the ace version and change it to east by editing x_setup.sqf and then running setupcopy.bat to populate the changes. Give it a go. I'd recommend adjusting some of the classnames for the enemy units (in i_server.sqf) though, it seems the east version has some ambiguity as far as the enemies go.. they don't all seem to be west. (last I checked was 1.17) ;)

Xeno, great work on the Ace Domination. It's loads of fun and very popular!

Edited by oktane

I have a thread about that here.. do you think it is a side effect of 'disableuserinput' or that it is related to dialogs?

No idea if it is related to disableuserinput, only BI devs can answer this :)

I'd recommend adjusting some of the classnames for the enemy units (in i_server.sqf) though, it seems the east version has some ambiguity as far as the enemies go.. they don't all seem to be west. (last I checked was 1.17) ;)

All sides are west in the east version, but there is a faction on the west side that uses russian vehicles :)

CDF, take a look here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241

And if you want to change the ACE version to east (beside it doesn't really make sense because there is currently allmost nothing for the east side in ACE 2) you must also update both x_weaponcargo®_ace files for the east side.

Xeno

Thanks, oktane, that is exactly what I needed!

What does that ["d_pas", player, -2] call XSendNetStartScriptServer; command do anyway? It looked like it adjusted the score for netplay. Or am I way off base with this?

I've been porting a basic domination (West AI - using "Everon" for my changes) to a couple of different islands... it's all working fine - just a swapping numbers task really - but I've hit a small snag with the "enemy at base" d_base_ array parameter in i_common.sqf...

I've changed this line...

#ifdef __EVERON__

if (isNil "d_with_carrier") then {[[4808.47,11443.2,0], 600, 140, 0]} else

To reflect the new position of the airbase, and the 600,140 parameters following control the width and height of the trigger and marker - as expected, but I don't seem to be able to control rotation with the final parameter - any number entered here seems to be ignored and the marker stubbornly stays at it's current orientation...

Does anybody know if theres an additional parameter elsewhere I should be looking for?

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Hello,

I'm working on trying to get snow implemented into Domination, and I have game logics ready to place, but can't seem to figure out how to make it work inside the dynamic weather patterns of Domination. Are there triggers set inside the editor that set the weather off, or somethign I can put an exec into? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: The files I'm working with are the Nim_fog & Nim_snow sqs files if that helps any.

All sides are west in the east version, but there is a faction on the west side that uses russian vehicles :)

CDF, take a look here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241

Yep I'm aware of the CDF.. I just wouldn't make them enemy since they are kinda like guerrillas or the island's military.. It gets pretty confusing when you are east firing at guys with AK's. Consider that when you are west, all of your enemies use eastern bloc weapons/vehicles. You don't get CDF friendly AI or vehicles to use. Then you try out East Domi and suddenly CDF is involved, its a bit confusing for most players. That's all I meant.

QUICK Question

which lines do i have to modify so i can add more helicopters? (that it respawns,has chopper menu, that sort of stuff!)

and so that pilots can repair their helicopter!

Edited by BelgarionNL

As Domination has matured, there's much more to do.

I was wondering if anyone had added a score benefit for capturing the camps, solving side missions, knocking down the radio tower or completing secondary main mission objectives? I'd like to reward players who work hard at objectives, not just the fly boys in the helos, with their dozens of guided AT missiles. :)

Edited by Tankbuster

As Domination has matured, there's much more to do.

I was wondering if anyone had added a score benefit for capturing the camps, solving side missions, knocking down the radio tower or completing secondary main mission objectives? I'd like to reward players who work hard at objectives, not just the fly boys in the helos, with their dozens of guided AT missiles. :)

Hi Tankbuster, You might wanna have a look at my edit called "Dynamic Domination" which, among other features, include score as for your list:

Secure Camp = 2 pts

Eliminate secondary target = 3 pts

Kill Radio Tower = 5 pts

Sidemission = 3pts

note: Markers for camps and radiotower have been removed as I allow destruction by ARTY so you really have to recon for exact location.

Other edits are to be found in notes ingame (only major features)

Dynamic Domination Pack (based on 1.22)

Brilliant. Thank you very much. To be honest, I'm quite surprised no one has asked for this before.

About the destruction by arty - I noticed it's impossible to take down a tower with it, but I'd rather have points for satchelling it OR ability to arty it, but not both. :)

Oden,

I'm looking through all that, I understand much of it, though I'll be honest, FSM's confuse the hell out of me.

You've made so many changes that I'm having difficulty picking out the stuff that is relevant to what I want to do. Can you tell me which files I should concentrate on, please?

PS, I do like some of your changes. Your own blokes being able to lock aircraft. Inspired! :)

No worries TankBuster,

What you need is to edit 2 files.

In x_scripts\x_createsecondary.sqf there is a "killed" event added for all 2ndary objectives like this (first line is Xeno original code commented out):

//_man addEventHandler ["killed", {side_main_done = true;_sec_solved = "sec_over";if (side (_this select 1) == d_side_player) then {_sec_solved = "gov_dead";};["sec_solved",_sec_solved] call XSendNetStartScriptClient;}];

_man addEventHandler ["killed", {side_main_done = true;_sec_solved = "gov_dead";if(!isNull (_this select 1)) then { (_this select 1) addScore 3 };["sec_solved",_sec_solved] call XSendNetStartScriptClient;}];

Repeat this for each of them (as you might note I've also changed so that you will get mission ok if target is killed by arty where "killer" is null)

Then to manage the pesky "we all hate it" radiotower :) go into x_scripts\x_setupserver.sqf and look for definition of XCheckMTHardTarget and you'll have the same "killed" event set up:

//_vehicle addEventHandler ["killed", {mt_spotted = false;mt_radio_down = true;X_JIPH setVariable ["mt_radio_down",mt_radio_down,true];["mt_radio_down"] call XSendNetStartScriptClient}];

_vehicle addEventHandler ["killed", {mt_spotted = false;mt_radio_down = true;X_JIPH setVariable ["mt_radio_down",mt_radio_down,true];if(!isNull (_this select 1)) then { (_this select 1) addScore 5 };["mt_radio_down"] call XSendNetStartScriptClient}];

(I usually take this down by arty though so no 5 points to Odan no)

Then there is this horrible fsm file haha, I'd recommend you to just copy paste the fsms\HandleCamps.fsm right off as it only contains this addScore edit and a slightly extended "takeover range" - but avoid the SE version, that one references a swedish flag in main folder which I think you have no use for :) .

You are a gentleman, sir. Much appreciated. :)

You've given me a few ideas too. Can I just ask.... Are you checking joining players against a list of known player ID' so that you allow clan members to have slightly more control, ie, locking bonus aircraft? Because if you are, I might have some more questions later.

You're Welcome.

Yes, I use the new "getPlayerUID player" to match vs. that array of ID's as you see in the code (same ID as in player profile and also used in squad.xml but pls note that it returns an empty string in editor/singleplayer).

Feel free to ask but please let us move over to PM so we don't spam Xeno's thread :p

ODEN;1518956']Feel free to ask but please let us move over to PM so we don't spam Xeno's thread :p

Absolutely. Expect comms in a week or so. :)

I looked through all of the kill scripts but I cannot find where the player is awarded points for killing an enemy soldier. I want to change the points awarded from 1 to 2.

If possible, 3 points for killing a team leader or officer.

And this may be pushing it, but is there a script that recognizes if your AI teammates have made a kill? It would be nice to reward the player for spending points on his AI and keeping them safe enough so they are productive.

I'm modding this for a single player game where you spend your score on AI, possibly reducing your rank which lets you get more AI. Player death is also costly, so you must value your life and the lives of your AI squad. Good production will allow more AI to be recruited without a demotion in rank.

So, if you experts can help - where do I put addscore for the following:

1. Player kills enemy soldier - change from 1 to 2 points.

2. Player kills officer/team leader - change from 1 to 3 points.

3. AI teammates make a kill - add a point.

Create a script in the scripts folder and name it wreckx.sqf. Insert the following code:

private ["_unit"];

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit execVM "x_scripts\x_wreckmarker2.sqf";

Then add the following to your vehicles init field:

handle = [this] execVM "scripts\wreckx.sqf";

I would have just edited line 6 of x_wreckmarker2.sqf to

_vehicle = _this select 0;

but the fsm file Xeno uses to create the wreck marker calls this script and I don't have the time right now to see if that will affect how the wreck markers work for bonus vehicles.

Also, this was only quickly tested in the editor. You'll have to test it server side and let everyone know if it really does work :)

You can, of course change the name of the script if you would prefer something more appropriate.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Care to share the fix for anyone having similar problems?

For wreck markers this didnt worked.its working on editor but not on dedi server.On server vehicles start with wrecked markers deployed.Any suggestion or how can i make wrecked markers for editor added vehicles ?