Sign in to follow this  
alx

Are there exploding barrels in Arma2?

Sion Lenton, the Executive Producer of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising has just posted a response on their forums to some of the criticisms leveled at the E3 demo of their game.

In his response he writes, "Everyone has exploding red barrels, and I mean ‘everyone’. (I checked)"

Is he alluding to the obvious closest competition, Arma2?

Thus, this leads me to ask those who have Arma2, is there anything equivalent to the exploding red barrels that Codemasters seem set on including in their "realistic" milsim? If there is, I suspect it is not incongruously located, brightly red painted barrels, that has so many people up in arms about.

Nope, haven't seen any exploding barrels so far... :D

[offtopic] barrelroll'd [/offtopic]

I suppose Shiny red barrels with huge texts: "FÖAMEABLE DO NOT SHOOT ME" "NO FIRE NEAR ME OR I EXPLODE KILLING EVERYONE AROUND ME" etc...

it would just ruin Gameplay, and connect ArmA to CoD

easy to test...

Open up the mission editor, drop a barrel in and shoot it.

Hmm, i´d gladly exchange leaning for overheating barrels. The latter would add more immersion and gameplay value to me than leaning does. No wait, i´d like to see both in Arma².

armaii has leaning instead.

lol! :d

Just did a quick test in the editor, barrels do catch fire after a few shots but they dont explode. Just burns quietly for what seems a random amount of time.

There is even a barrel (not red) witch has a "danger, fuel" sort of marking but not even that one explodes, just burns.

Hopefully the addon community will combine a red barrel with a GBU, so we too can enjoy this great feature.

I believe we need a mod:

red exploding barrels with "Codemasters" written on them.

please make us survive headshots ,and give us medipacks as well!

:rolleyes:

Head shots are not so bad, you just bleed heavily :D

And explosions that hang in the air, but only for 2 seconds. Otherwise that would look too realistic, right?

We know exactly what little red barrels do. They do a barrelroll. And no, BIS was too lazy to implement red barrels that actually explode. Or maybe it's a bug and will be fixed later? Who knows.

Hell if you want exploding barrels, buy Arma2, learn some modding and i bet you'll be able to make them in under a day.

Just to say this again, ARMA 1 has a red exploding barrel. Not that its used in any missions apart from Blood Sweat and Tears though. In editor I think its called "Barrel(explosive)".

Who cares anyway, its a tiny element.

Don't know why theres such a fuss over it.

Just to say this again, ARMA 1 has a red exploding barrel. Not that its used in any missions apart from Blood Sweat and Tears though. In editor I think its called "Barrel(explosive)".

It's not an editor object, it's a scripted explosion inserted by whoever made the mission via:

this addeventhandler [""killed"",{boom=""Sh_125_HE"" createvehicle position (_this select 0);}]

I also heard the barrels in ArmA2 explode if you shoot them with a Hellfire, real casual attitude BIS! :mad:

If there isn't an exploding red barrel in ArmA2 it needs adding to the bug tracker ASAP.

because parts of this community started it. they're just fighting back.

personally, i think the whole ArmA 2 vs. OpF 2 thing is way beyond retarded. you'd expect a hell of a lot less childish flaming from a community that considers itself to be one of mature simulationists.

it might be a good idea to close threads regarding OpF 2 as they always turn into some kind of flamefest. :(

because parts of this community started it. they're just fighting back.

personally, i think the whole ArmA 2 vs. OpF 2 thing is way beyond retarded. you'd expect a hell of a lot less childish flaming from a community that considers itself to be one of mature simulationists.

it might be a good idea to close threads regarding OpF 2 as they always turn into some kind of flamefest. :(

why dont you stop your whining, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, girly man.

If there isn't an exploding red barrel in ArmA2 it needs adding to the bug tracker ASAP.

That made my day!:D