Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

keep the interior! its useful for missions, say a briefing room, or an ammo storage area..

keep the interior! its useful for missions' date=' say a briefing room, or an ammo storage area..[/quote']

There's a whole hangar bay for that lol...

I wonder, is it possible to animate the aircraft lifts? Would be awesome if you could actually get the planes out of the hangar like that :)

yeah its possible, GNAT did it on his kunzetov or whatever

arma2oa2010080822074656.th.jpg

Something for my upcoming building pack.

You'll be able to actually listen into the space and you may even discover one or the other exciting signal...

Scripts/Dialogs for this are already finished.

A video featuring this nice tat will follow when I got around texturing this.

Nice looking, Mondkalb. Can't wait to discover other intelligent life haha!

Man your an amazing modeler Mondkalb!! :D

yeah its possible' date=' GNAT did it on his kunzetov or whatever[/quote']

Sweet

looking good, keep up the good work. we need more F15 models.

Long time no see guys.

I retired from the military service as of last July 30. :bounce3:

I served in ROK ARMY - 5th Logistics Support Command HQ

(S.Korea's length of obligatory military service to 22 months)

but.. I'll be back to school on next year.

so, I guess i don't have much time for LCWF mod. :butbut:

At least I will complete the basic things.

W00t! Zerg63 is back! The prodigal son has returned.

Can't wait too see the Nimitz again. We need it (LHD is SO SMALL).

I always wondered, what is the thing on the top right corner? extra armour or some kind of marking equipment?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Identification_Panel

It's a type of device used for IFF purposes and to reduce friendly-fire incidents. More information at the link provided, hope this helps. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Yup. Once again hello.

Now I am working on some SF dudes. Once again. Johannes sf models have been used. But this time. I have reshaped the vest a little and changed it to a PACA Low vis thingy.

I have modeled a MLCS EAGLE H-Harness and textured it but it looks crap. Could someone please help me with this. Otherwise I will use my crappy model. PM me if you want to help. I could really use a partner in crime.

nimetn5.th.png

paca.th.png

To be included with the carrier, in one form or another, and probably released separately for fun/practice. And no I'm not releasing a simple image lol...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JumpDog/3d%20models/arma%20carrier/IFLOLS_base.png

Also, here are the deck markings. Just need to get that flat grey area done haha, then I can mess with the stripes and make them look not-so-new.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JumpDog/3d%20models/arma%20carrier/arma22010-08-0914-20-04-48.jpg?t=1281389627

Edited by JDog

Are you planning to have a semi usable interior? Would be interesting to have working elevators that go down into a huge empty space for storing aircraft, helicopters, or even armored vehicles. Wouldn't have to be much really, just an empty space.

*Not a request. Just curious as to the scale of your project & your plans for it*

*Edit*

Raserisk took the words from my mouth (Yes, still in shock) :p

Yes darkhorse, the elevators have been cut out from the rest of the deck and planned to work right from the start (proof: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JumpDog/3d%20models/arma%20carrier/carrier1.jpg?t=1281407106)

The hangar bay has also been in place since before I cut up the model for the game. Right now only half of the hangar bay is accessible, and only elevators 1 and 2 are planned to be usable. But maybe in a secondary release I'd expand it. For a first working release I just want the textures to be done and have it work for sending and receiving planes. After that's all done, since your curious, I have the following I'd like to do (whether or not they all see the light of day, who knows):

-IFLOLS/the "meatball" for landing aid

-Working weapons elevator that leads down to munition storage room (for re-arming weapons dolleys that aircraft will rearm from)(this elevator is already cut out on the deck as well)

-An actual arrestor hook that will be on planes when landing (purely cosmetic). Thought of a crash barricade also but... I'd have no idea how to incorporate frame-based animations for that.

-Automated carrier weapon systems that I'll have to model/texture and probably release stand-alone also, in case anyone else wants to use them. I have no idea what the current armament of the Nimitz is though. Some sites say Phalanxes/Sea Sparrows, others include RAMs. I'll have to find out.

There are two other things I'd like to be able to do but I'm very sure won't happen because I simply don't have the patience to learn what's required. One is a steam effect for the catapult, the other is custom animations for shooters, which I don't even know is possible or not.

EDIT: Made my IFLOLS script today.

RNjlFgzuQkA

Edited by JDog

Trying out a little something different..as I said the exterior is only half of my goal..

cmdrstion.th.jpg

By the way I love that Nimitz and everything you're doing with it, not just a prop but a working hive.

Sweet an interior for the tanks will add a great extra level of depth to using them... Edit: Tha Nimitz is looking FANTASTICO... Any plans to have a walkable bridge or is that just too far lol. Raisable blast plates would also be a nice addition too...

Good luck to both of you chaps...

Edited by wolfbite
Because I use awesome too much

wooow abrams interior ! is this the commander view ?

A mockup of it anyway, levels of zoom and so on may differe but otherwise yes.

Each station will get an interior view and everyone minus the gunner will get a perscope to see out of (even the loader with the folding plate).

Loaders MG will be useable but more realistic in that it will be limited to how far it can turn on its track, loader will also one way or another be able to turn in.

Lots more is planned but at this point it's too early to say what will be in it, there is much experimenting to be done.

Edited by NodUnit