Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Suicide bombing and IED simulation script ;)

Explosive vest, IEDs and VBIEDs all customisable in game via dialog with various penalties for munitions used etc. Oh and did I mention a variety of different detonation methods such as wire / pressure plate / timed / radio / mobile phone :P

Not sure when it will be out, we want to release it very polished.

Edited by rexehuk

Sounds very cool rexehuk!

If suicide bomber is vearing a vest, will it be visible to outside?

If I make a mission with suicide bombers, I dont want to be shooting civillians because they run around near vehicles :p

My CO would go FPDR

Sounds very cool rexehuk!

If suicide bomber is vearing a vest, will it be visible to outside?

If I make a mission with suicide bombers, I dont want to be shooting civillians because they run around near vehicles :p

My CO would go FPDR

At the moment it is for PLAYER use (pvp scenario type) but that stuff is in the pipeline once the main script is done. We're not sure how to visually "show" someone is wearing a vest... for now we want to keep it simple and not make it an addon.

Maybe we can make vest wearers glow pink :p. A full brief might come out in a dew days in the addon discussion section.

Edited by rexehuk

tried to correct size , and also lowered color saturation..

what do you guys think?

FKPQr.jpg

This post is mainly a question.

Does anyone know if alpha channels still have the nasty effects from previous games? Making alpha cuts where they shouldn't be, loss of color or color smerching as well as grain disorting?

I'd like to make 1 abrams model more varied instead of having to select from 5+ units, model parts on the basket are great but that is only one step of I want to do.

If possible I'd like to have a small variety of velcro strips and whatnot lining the turret and to make them within the same texture to lessen section counts but I am concerned of quality loss, that and I would also like to add the tracks and basket grating to the same which also require transparency around them.

I did not have any serious issues with aplha for some time now, but personally, i like to keep all transparent parts on one texture (glass, markings, etc.). Because you need glass texture almost everytime, the section count does not increase unless you use different materials for certain parts of the texture. And you can always make te texture bigger to fit all the stuff you want on it.

Ah yes the glass and slipped my mind.. in that case I'll be making those seperate to avoid any reflective surfaces on the tank itself. I guess that would just leave the tracks and basket grating. Thank again for the quick answer.

Edited by NodUnit

No problem. Also, if you'll place all the transaprent parts on ne texture, you can use different material files for glass to make it shinier and for the rest (less shiny) of the texture. And one more thing, section count is also affected by face order. Even if you have the same texture and material for two different parts (glass and the rest) of a model and one of them (glass) was "moved up" or "moved bottom" you'll end up with two sections.

That is strange..never heard of face order before and I am not entirerly sure I understand your example, also you say moved up or down, does this mean there is a certain order you must have the materials to avoid it?

And could you list what you know of that causes sections? From what I hear the less the better and the only I know of are different materials applied to the same model and textures.

Edited by NodUnit

hxuH0.jpg

The green on the DCUs looks a little too dark for me, IMO. The DCUs and Woodland vest shouldn't blend in as much.

Otherwise its looking great dude!

better?

jWU0i.jpg

we're 're-doing' the vest right now. will post pics when i receive files and unwrap it

Update on the Strike Eagle:

wipwiphurra_01.jpg

Edited by Jester_Darrak
Screenshot changed for newer picture

All discussion about "borrowing" models from VBS2 Lite have been removed.

Everyone with the ability to read will notice that the EULA of VBS2 Lite/JCOVE does not allow reverse engineering.

Cescollino: that RG-33 looks fantastic, can´t wait to test it(I am MRAP lover)! :icon_dj:

loaders MG is finally finished, redid the commanders station, added some equipment and gave a few things facelifts..still have a number of tweaks and changes to make but it's getting there.

Not everything will be model in final, some model pieces are just being used as 'reference' points for normal maps but the goal of this far more 3D than the default abrams as well as have more accuracy and detail.

loaded5sm.th.jpg topviewsm.th.jpgloaded3sm.th.jpgloaded1sm.th.jpgloaded2sm.th.jpg

Good looking Abrams. My only suggestion is to make the main barrel slightly smoother. If not mistaken it is based on a 12 segment cilinder, i think it could use at least a 16 or more segments.

Good luck.

Good looking Abrams. My only suggestion is to make the main barrel slightly smoother. If not mistaken it is based on a 12 segment cilinder, i think it could use at least a 16 or more segments.

Good luck.

Yeap 12 sides for the sake polycount (same reason for it not being hollow), though now that I look at it I may bump the larger part up to 16 sided since it will be most visible from above, thanks for the tip.

I don't want to bump it all up because it's made of 11 pieces to get proper thickness and you won't ssee the gun too close minus exterior views..gunners optics will be zoomed in so you won't see any of the cannon, it's being somewhat modelled after Steel Beasts Pro PE and real footage.

There are other reasons but I won't go into them here, long post. If you are interested in reading them however just click the spoiler button.

Thank you for your suggestion however, if have any others place share them.

Just remember that this M1A1 is a sort of test..instead of doing the usual focus on one area, spread the detail out, for example, sacrificing the high poly detail of the machine guns to get 3D seperate skirt pieces, of 3D armor protecting the smoke launchers wires on top of the turret. Sure you can do both of these things with normal maps but it's not the same effect.

Biggest reasons for things like that right now, six sided bullets, 12 sided cannon, 8 sided MG barrels, 6 sided grenades and holes is partially due to the tracks and to be added even more equipment..I was even reluctant to update the wheels from 12 sided to 16 until a friend talked me into it.

For the tracks they will be made like OA's bradely, alpha tracks with extra pieces on the inside but the 'big eater' that it is further segmented for better terrain deformation.

Instead of having a 1 extra segment each under the wheels you get an extra 2 on either side. It's been tried on a test bed and appears to effect the way the vehicle rolls over the terrain, now effected by every and any change on the ground, certainly not sacrificing that especially when crew will see and feel it inside and out, especially in OA.

It is also planned to have various pieces of equipment all over, you might have seen some clipping errors..this is because equipment will be hidden on some abrams and not on others with script to make them more diverse, instead of having to select through 10's of units you just place the one and it will randomize.

Edited by NodUnit