Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Not too sure at the moment since some parts will likely become proxies and I have a few things to reduce and so on but it will be around the 20K area (tri's), possible above though O2's max limit is 16K....but the exterior is only half of it of the goal.. One of the goals of the project is also to use as few textures as possible, BIS abrams has.

For default we have the chasis, turret, treads, TUSK upgrades and machine guns so that is around 5 or 6 for standard, tack on your normal maps, speculars and IRs and you get quite the library..this one will have 2 main and 1 for reflections, might need one more for tracks but I'm hoping to avoid that and with luck leave room for future A2 and TUSK so there wont be a need to stack another.

That's a great looking bird you have there by the way, I like the meshflow.

Edited by NodUnit

possible above though O2's max limit is 16K

please don't be dissapointed to find that if your model has alot of sharp edges (like the M1A1) that this limit fall to more like 13k. The real limit seems to come from the number of normals. Smooth edges share normals, thus making it much lighter, giving a higher limit.

please don't be dissapointed to find that if your model has alot of sharp edges (like the M1A1) that this limit fall to more like 13k. The real limit seems to come from the number of normals. Smooth edges share normals, thus making it much lighter, giving a higher limit.

Hmm..did not know that.. well I'll just have to wait and see what comes of it.

Would you say then with this in mind that adding an extra edgeloop or two to turn a surface smooth (if it is supposed to be) is worth the triangles? I also did have an idea to use normal maps to try and fake the shading for the body and turret but I'm not too sure how well or horrible it would turn out..turning such a sharp surface flat smooth and baking sharp normal, I think I've had bad experiences with it before.

Edited by NodUnit

lcwfinf2.jpg

lcwfinf1.jpg

arma2oa2010080217493096.jpg

Long time no see guys.

I retired from the military service as of last July 30. :bounce3:

I served in ROK ARMY - 5th Logistics Support Command HQ

(S.Korea's length of obligatory military service to 22 months)

but.. I'll be back to school on next year.

so, I guess i don't have much time for LCWF mod. :butbut:

At least I will complete the basic things.

[...] That's a great looking bird you have there by the way, I like the meshflow.

Thanks for that. It is my second project at all, I swear. I am still learning all the features and tools for my program and it's amazing what is possible. But the more you know the longer it takes. Just like "this looks like crap, redo it" and suddenly it takes longer and longer. I just started re-modelling the nose and front fuselage section and ended up with the engine housings. But there are a lot things you can do to get a little success and get back your motivation. Like fuel tanks or launcher rails. Which I must confess I am really proud of.^^

Anyways, there's still a lot of progress every day which scares me a little bit. I optimistically expect the maiden flight in mid september. Enough chatter, here's the latest progress:

Handwerk_25.JPG

But the more you know the longer it takes. Just like "this looks like crap, redo it" and suddenly it takes longer and longer. I just started re-modelling the nose and front fuselage section and ended up with the engine housings. But there are a lot things you can do to get a little success and get back your motivation. Like fuel tanks or launcher rails. Which I must confess I am really proud of.^^

Oh I can sympathize..the abrams started out as a far less beauty and I have an apache I've been working on for more time than I care to admit..in the end it took far too long with redoing that it just got scrapped.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your work, keeps the motivation up.

Great Eagle, Jester! Its one of the most beautifull jets and you really did justice to it so far. :)

My favourite time-waster these days (next to getting killed by some takistani scum^^)

21437576.th.jpg

Edited by malibu.stacey

Great Eagle, Jester! Its one of the most beautifull jets and you really did justice to it so far. :)

My favourite time-waster these days (next to getting killed by some takistani scum^^)

21437576.th.jpg

Uhhhh.....I'm speechless, the detail is astounding..the posts not..railing...tackle, everything is angled like the real stuff, beautiful bowsprit and even the bell.. The frame is gorgeous too, sleek and smooth... brings back many fond memories of pirates of the burning sea

There is just something elegant about tall ships that modern ships can't touch. I can't wait to see her with masts and rigging, do you by chance plan on bringing her ingame when finished? What flag (I'm guessing since she has the bell and an ornate cabin and lamps, as well as being a frigate) will she sail under?

Edited by NodUnit

Thanks for the comments :)

There is just something elegant about tall ships that modern ships can't touch.

QFT :D

I can't wait to see her with masts and rigging, do you by chance plan on bringing her ingame when finished?

Too poly-heavy, I´m afraid. She´s at ~32k triangles now (unoptimised), the rigging should bring another 25k. But it would be great to see her in Arma, sailing into the sunset with the nice beaches of Lingor in the background :)

What flag (I'm guessing since she has the bell and an ornate cabin and lamps, as well as being a frigate) will she sail under?

15008520.th.jpg

;)

Too poly-heavy, I´m afraid. She´s at ~32k triangles now (unoptimised), the rigging should bring another 25k. But it would be great to see her in Arma, sailing into the sunset with the nice beaches of Lingor in the background :)

It is possible to have models above the polygon limit with proxies I believe.

On it goes. Added front gear incl. gear bay and doors (some parts still missing), sensors on top of the tail rudders, smoothed the fitting of the engine housings and tweaks here and there. More and more it looks like an eagle.^^

wipwiphurra_03.jpg

Sweet Model Jester, you still got some Pinching here and there but i guess that'll be adressed later on right? Keep it up *waiting for more* :cool:

there will also 6x6

Looks good mate. Who uses those in R/L?

hummm i think us army??:confused:

Looks good mate. Who uses those in R/L?
USMC and US Army. Btw: looks very good Cescollino! :bounce3:

Guess whose almost home? Me, I'm heading back from BNOC next Wednesday hopefully. Not sure if I'll get back into working, but if I do...expect some DECENT work.