Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

A town I'm working on. Edited by bracer

A town I'm working on.

That just looks amazing. A large city, without the "clone syndrome", that looks realistic. Simply amazing.

That just looks amazing. A large city, without the "clone syndrome", that looks realistic. Simply amazing.

Thank you! Very kind comment!

I'm trying to make it look realistic, while maintaining variation and as many enterable buildings as I possibly can.

Hopefully it will be suitable for MOUT training or PvP's!

Cheers

Nicely detailed. It's good you could so much detail to it since it's quite difficult to find some hi-res photos of that gun. At least i had problems finding them for mine. Good luck with it!

It's 26°C and bright sunshine outside, probably for the last time this summer. What else would a Fail Cake do than firing up 3ds and continue on stuff he said he'd not touch for the time being?

Right:

2008101625.th.jpg

Ahh, the forbidden stuff is always so tempting.

You can have my G22 to finish if you want :p

Well the second one is me (see the photobucket URL :D ). It was a freeware model that somebody else found on some site and posted here. That model is how I learned to use O2. I soon figured out that it would be too hard to refurbish, and much easier to just make one from scratch, I was half right. On the one hand, things were already in place, but the original author did a terrible job making it. The thing was basically a whole bunch of blocks put together and the polycount was 25k, because the person put detail where it wasn't needed and left it out where it could have used some. It was quite annoying. On the other I have to make it from scratch and need to do all of the work on my own, not that it's a bad thing it just makes things harder.

I gave up and started making the UD-4L on my own terms with my own references, that way I could ensure it was as accurate as possible, the original modeler had some issues I wasn't happy with. Not to mention the community would have given me hell for using a freeware model, and not making it myself. :j:

IMO, my dropship looks much better than the modded freeware one.

Here Here! I second that!

Nicely detailed. It's good you could so much detail to it since it's quite difficult to find some hi-res photos of that gun. At least i had problems finding them for mine. Good luck with it!

I know what you are talking about :) however I know peoplw who know how to search :) And even have given me the user manuals for both the normal and the tank version (woot woot gedis ;))

nsvt2.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not a NSV expert by any means but you should look twice at that barrel, like most its wide at the chamber and slim at the muzzle.

STGN

its almost constant in the real thing, so much so that its almost unnoticeable. This cant be represented by normal maps and saves polies :)

I started over. Again. Cause I got my hands on a whole bunch of references. :D

Edit:

[imghttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/booce/Dropship/UD-4L/DS-Cargobay-new.jpg[/img]

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/booce/Dropship%20Reference/dropshipinterior3.jpg <-442kb

901 points and 1036 faces so far.

Are those 'ribs' part of the housing mesh or separate meshes?

Thank you! Very kind comment!

I'm trying to make it look realistic, while maintaining variation and as many enterable buildings as I possibly can.

Hopefully it will be suitable for MOUT training or PvP's!

Cheers

Is this an island project? Or is it going to be a mission/script for the 31st Normandy Map?

Are those 'ribs' part of the housing mesh or separate meshes?

The first one, why?

:confused:

Is it better the other way?

Edit:

I planned on making it all one piece, unless something HAD to move or be separate for whatever reason. Unless that's a bad thing.

Edited by b00ce

@bracer

Nice city. Is it going to be modern or WW2 time? For modern time it is good, but for a realistic ww2 feel I would remove/change some of the non WW2 time looking objects (some of the high buildings and the street lamps)

The first one, why?

:confused:

Is it better the other way?

Edit:

I planned on making it all one piece, unless something HAD to move or be separate for whatever reason. Unless that's a bad thing.

It would be far more poly efficient if the meshes were separate.

It would be far more poly efficient if the meshes were separate.

care to elaborate? the way he made it makes more sense since the edgeflows will greatly ease his uv mapping. It will also allow for cleaner AO bake. Also modeling it this way saves time.

How did you get the curved edges? Did you chamfered it then turbo smooth or tessellate then turbo smooth? I have a hard time trying to get those edges. It looks great though.

working on cmd's IOTV. probably gotta fix the color differences though.

MX0qr.jpg

edit:

yeah i know about the UCP mags. they're foxmags :sad: