Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

About the countdown: remember that Sickboy said "planned in the WEEK of 7 december" :) so if it's not released on monday don't start with the "OMGZOMFM i uant it nau " ok?:rolleyes:

Good thing you pointed this out. I see a few people didn't read what sickboy said properly. Hopefully we don't get any whiners. ;)

Hamm,

It doesn't say the beta is scheduled for Monday Dec 7th. That was never said. "Planned for the week of Dec 7th" is much different then scheduled for Dec 7th. It may not come on Monday, or it could. :)

Edited by Manzilla

Thanks all for the wonderful posts!

All of us are very glad you, the fans, are as excited as we are!

Though the mod has been daily MP play tested since nearly the beginning, please do remember that the initial release is Public Beta 1, and we do intend to provide (near) daily updates.

At least till the end of the year.

Also thanks a lot for the mirror offerings. We are finalizing the details as we speak, and we will try to get back to as many as possible, as soon as possible.

We are considering an early presentation of the updater software.

Mods like CBA and a handful others will then be available already, to get everyone installed and prepared for the release week of 7 December.

And hopefully to sort out any immediate issues that might be found, altough since its succesful deployment on a great many systems, I believe we've caught most showstoppers.

The user-friendlyness of the software, in terms of first setup, still leaves lots to be wished for, which I intend to improve over time, so the sooner you guys can kick off with it, the better :D

Stay tuned..

Edited by Sickboy

Cheerss for the update mate, look forward to it, shame my net's download is 16kbs, because im guessing this will take a while for moi ;)

Sickboy, quick message:

On the ACE 2 features list, it claims that the SU-25 is not one of the aircraft that can be ejected from. Is this a leftover from the ACE 1 features list or is it how it's going to be? Seeing as you can eject from it IRL. :)

I can't believe ACE 2 doesn't have dismemberment...

There are so many better features, dismemberment is really quite pointless apart from extra graphics. This mod will make the game far more realistic, add tons of features and generally make it even better.

Whats with all this hype of some ppl about dismemberment???

I for one couldn't care less about this, as the whole point of this sim is neutralizing your enemy in a variety of ways, without being wounded or killed yourself.

Who cares if his limbs blow off or not?

If you want dismemberment go watch Zombie Apocalypse or something ;)

I cant believe the massive amount of stuff it'll come with :)

On the ACE 2 features list, it claims that the SU-25 is not one of the aircraft that can be ejected from. Is this a leftover from the ACE 1 features list or is it how it's going to be? Seeing as you can eject from it IRL. :)

Thanks for the info, we missed to change this wiki entry to the new set of vehicles in A2. All Aircrafts capable to eject its crew with flames and hot air are listed now.

I guess that is something which you dont need to draw in a game rated under 18.

Besides the fact that it cost too much grafics for such an effect compared to its purpose, most ppl who have seen that side of war will not recommand to see it ever.

Edited by [CeDe]Aushilfe

Went through the Feature list. Still no mortars????? Well as long as we can haul around the Maw Deuce, I can wait :-)

You are goddamn right about that. I know a lot of People who don´t want to see dismemberment ever again in their Lives

Really looking forward to ACE 2.

Operation Reality gang :) :yay:

Big up Sick Boy!

Went through the Feature list. Still no mortars????? Well as long as we can haul around the Maw Deuce, I can wait :-)

There are mortars in Arma 2 by default. ;)

I think the M252 is too big. What kind of Ammunition does he use? 81 mm? Would be a really heavy loadout

I think he means Mortars as crew served Weapons

I think he was refering to a more "realistic" system of aiming the mortar as opposed to what is available in vanilla ArmA2. :)

Quick question: Will the choppers be affected by the wind in ACE2 like they were in ACE?

I've never played ACE for Arma so I got a curious question: does it come with a different loadout system or will DMR+SMAW with 3 rounds still be the only really effective "rifleman" loadout for missions with free of choice equipment?

I've never played ACE for Arma so I got a curious question: does it come with a different loadout system or will DMR+SMAW with 3 rounds still be the only really effective "rifleman" loadout for missions with free of choice equipment?

DMR + SMAW = less sprint, bigger fatigue = not good

DMR + SMAW = less sprint, bigger fatigue = not good

Have transport ready, and you'll be all fine for covering a large area :)

So the medic system isn't implemented for this release?
Our devs are working very hard to finalize systems and content before the pub beta. Wounding is in progress, and might or might not make it in the initial release in the week of the 7th.

However, due to the (near) daily updates, you might be pleasantly surprised before you even realize it's missing ;)

Let's make x-mas take the full month of December :yay:

Edited by Sickboy