Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

@Ace Team

Do u think it would be possible to create a .torrent file of the public beta release?

I guess most of the common mirrors will be very slow due to the amount of contignous downloads, so a torrent file would be cool.

As more people loading the faster it goes.

May I ask about the Marines in ACE 2...Will there be Force Recon? I know there is one in vanilla ArmA 2, but they don't know what grooming standard is...

May I ask about the Marines in ACE 2...Will there be Force Recon? I know there is one in vanilla ArmA 2, but they don't know what grooming standard is...

Thinking here about the mixed clothes they wear or the look of the Red Harvest campaign characters? Because if it's about the unshaved faces, you can set faces in the mission editor.

As for their clothes, they seem pretty rag-taggged with their mixed clothes (except for Assault FR classes, in-game vanilla reminding me more like they are SEALs) based on pics I saw about Force Recon guys, but maybe they would (or would have been) dressed up like this for a mission that might take several days behind enemy lines, consequently not taking the grooming standard too seriously.

Thinking here about the mixed clothes they wear or the look of the Red Harvest campaign characters? Because if it's about the unshaved faces, you can set faces in the mission editor.

As for their clothes, they seem pretty rag-taggged with their mixed clothes (except for Assault FR classes, in-game vanilla reminding me more like they are SEALs) based on pics I saw about Force Recon guys, but maybe they would (or would have been) dressed up like this for a mission that might take several days behind enemy lines, consequently not taking the grooming standard too seriously.

yea maybe you are right about the clothes, the faces don't bother me, but the clothes...I don't think they would have mixed clothes or so...

Why on earth was this important announcement buried in the middle of a 174 page post???

I would say a new topic in the addons/mods complete section will pop-up when the mod actually goes to beta.

thanks a lot father Christmas.

is the IA allways revive after few minutes if you don't put a bullet in the head like in ACE 1 ?

And mission maker would be able to disable that or not

A will make a VTS version for ACE as soon as possible

VTS is made for ACE

oh one thing... make the stamina system just a little bit less stringent..hehehe... i can hardly do any armoury missions in A1 when given only 8 mins and the wp placed 800m away. Should allow stamina to slowly come back in walking.... many times I went from sprinting to walking and then still collasped. :(

Craters

Large explosions will create a crater. You may find them useful as cover.

this feature looks quite interresing how will it be implemented ?

this feature looks quite interresing how will it be implemented ?

I imagine similar to the ground rubble from when a plane crashes in vanilla, only instead of a line, it creates a hollow circular formation.

his feature looks quite interresing how will it be implemented ?

We got kind of that feature already in OFP @ECP, so i guess it ll best in that direction.But well 2-7 days is not too long to wait for it...

Believe it or not. Armies, guns, and tanks are all designed to kill people dead. Yes, even the 5.56 or 9mm. Consider this. If you don't kill people dead, yet win the battle. Now you are stuck with ferrying around all the enemies wounded.

Hm... Last time I checked, bullets where designed to do as much damage as possible but not neccessarily kill. That way for every man shot they'd need several people carrying him. You dont have to look far for statistics that this is still the case in modern warfare: if thousands die, then hundreds of thousands are wounded.

Either way it doesnt matter for ACE2. I'm eager to see how ACE2 combat works in practice.

Will the LAW be in this first version? I loved using it in ACE 1.

Edited by RasdenFasden

Hm... Last time I checked, bullets where designed to do as much damage as possible but not neccessarily kill. That way for every man shot they'd need several people carrying him. You dont have to look far for statistics that this is still the case in modern warfare: if thousands die, then hundreds of thousands are wounded.

Either way it doesnt matter for ACE2. I'm eager to see how ACE2 combat works in practice.

If you are a soldier on a bettlefield, and you see an enemy are you trying to wound or to kill him?

I think the Question should be solved with that

By the way will Mando Missile be implemented in the Furure? Seems like a cool concept to me.

If you are a soldier on a bettlefield, and you see an enemy are you trying to wound or to kill him?

I think the Question should be solved with that...

Hi all

The Soldier at the front is naturally worried about there own safety. The Front line soldier wants the enemy to go down so they stop shooting back. That is a tactical victory.

The General in the rear echelon wants the enemy tied up with casualties. That is a strategic victory.

Strategy beats tactic every time.

The agony states, and complex casualty clearance, and healing procedures that ACE introduced are what made WGL and ACE great.

Making Causualties a more complex and realistic simulation mimics this tactical and strategic reality.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

oh one thing... make the stamina system just a little bit less stringent..hehehe... i can hardly do any armoury missions in A1 when given only 8 mins and the wp placed 800m away. Should allow stamina to slowly come back in walking.... many times I went from sprinting to walking and then still collasped.

ACE is not created for the armoury's "games" im afraid. Making changes to the mod just to be able to do the games in there doesnt seem logical to me.

Indeed, calculators and sand pits spring to mind.

I realise this has AI additions.

I was wondering (this thread is bloody huge so sorry If I have missed it or link me to a post that has this) if there are things in place IE modular for the AI section. So Ace will be future proof for Zeus/FlexAI working in place of AI changes in this mod?

As in I can remove AI bits from ace and put other mods in place of this later?

@Ace Team

Do u think it would be possible to create a .torrent file of the public beta release?

I guess most of the common mirrors will be very slow due to the amount of contignous downloads, so a torrent file would be cool.

As more people loading the faster it goes.

Not needed.

The new updater for ACE2 uses some pretty cool tech. It's smart, fast, configurable, and very safe.

In my case, I configured the updater to manage ACE, ACEX, CBA and the beta patches for ArmA2. The initial installs for those items finished in less than 15 minutes. In comparison just the download of the old ACE1 1.08_full file took 25 minutes and you had to run the installer after that.

As a developer I need to track the daily builds as well. The updater can sync my machine in less than 3 minutes on most days. Unlike a torrent, the updater only grabs the changes - that saves huge amounts of bandwidth.

Also, a lot of people including myself have security concerns with torrent. The updater uses rsync for a secure, one-way flow of data - no one can browse you machine like torrent tends to allow.

Time for some more eyecandy, showing the Stryker RV.

I am sorry for the crappy quality, but somehow the imagehoster increases the filesize about 30%. I am still thankfull for their free service. Please click on the image to get the full resolution.

Screens.jpg

Click for Hi-Res

Edited by [CeDe]Aushilfe

In my case, I configured the updater to manage ACE, ACEX, CBA and the beta patches for ArmA2.

For me this was the default configuration already in the Six Updater... :p:D

But yeah, the system is very awesome, thats for sure :D

Couldn't be easier....

Aushilfe;1506061']Time for some more eyecandy' date=' showing the Stryker RV.[/quote']

Why in the hell are you testing my patience?:D Nice job, keep'em comin' :pc:

look at this

:)

Very good, really!

But ACE2 will get AFAIK Vigilantes Javelin System like he stated in the WIP thread. His system is even more complex and fine-tuned. In his version you have it as real as possible, assemble, manually placing the brackets, etc...

But your examples shows great how the Javelin could/should have been in default Arma2

I never heard of vigilantes work on javelin is there anything on it ? I would love to have a realistic Javelin in ACE 2