Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

That camo look so nice :o Aushilfe are those your SU's in one of the videos? Also there are plans for Apaches or we wait for Arrowhead? :)

Did I tell you guys how great you are?

But regarding the grenade Mode Stuff, I still haven´t found a situation where you need to just drop a Grenade, whats this for? I mean it could be easy covered by slow roll

Thats mainly for chemlights/IR Strobes.

Diferent backpacks have diferent spaces in the inventory? (like civilians that have no or little space to weapons and mags)

Also, the AI notice the SMAW "test" round?

Also, the AI notice the SMAW "test" round?

I would like to know that too and is the test round visible to only the one that shoots or to other players too?

I would like to know that too and is the test round visible to only the one that shoots or to other players too?

I guess it is as it is a tracerround. They are not as loud though as the velocity is lower to have the same ballistics as the smaw. So I guess it is a give away but you can save a rocket. It is also good when you are setting up an ambush, then you can shoot at the road before the vehicle is there to see where you have to aim.

There will be Whiskey Cobra too? Man you're my guest for a double whiskey :D

did i just saw W cobra? O.O

If so, OMFG, that's a beauty!

P.S. what else ace2 has, so that i could be astonished?

There will be Whiskey Cobra too? Man you're my guest for a double whiskey :D

I'd like a pálinka instead ;D

So, at the risk of seeming like a noob, Ok, I am one, I admit it, why couldn't the grenade throwing mechanism be a little more intuitive? In other gaming softs, the longer you hold your primary fire button the farther it goes and where you're looking or (cross hair) is basically where it ends up. So, you can toss it down the street or at your feet and you can decide on the fly where it's going to go. Handy when what you thought was a target turns out to be friendly. Scrolling through a bunch of choices and having to decide where it's going before you deploy it seems kind of odd and kind of slow.

I'm not knocking the ACE team at all, the mod looks unbelievable and I'm sure they're just working within the limitations of the game, but is that the only option?

Perhaps holding down the throw button could scroll through a list of invisible throw powers, with the F key selecting roll/drop.

I have Å livovic to offer ^^

@ LugNut, Depending on the Throw mode the grenade gets a different flying profile, For example slow Throw is just great to threw the Grenade right over the Wall in front of you, precise Throw is great if you want to hit that particular Window, and so on. I don´t think this could be achieved by a "the longer you hold the more far it will fly" Thing

About ideas for accessing the throw mode. Those would be cool if we had the ability to change the interface to the game engine to allow. Of course a lot of things would be cool if we could change the game engine. As it is we have to work within certain limits.

Also I did mention we working on some further ideas. But first you make it work, then you make it pretty.

EE, I look forward to whatever refinements you can come up with. I'm happy to have some choice in grenade tossing at all. The stock version is lame.

Tonci, it does work well. Look/aim high up over the wall and make a short toss. Takes a little practice to be able to put nades where you want, but it's not hard.

I know what you mean, but when looking up, you can´t observe the Area around you. In Arma this can be really deadly

Just to know...

Diferent backpacks have diferent spaces in the inventory? (like civilians that have no or little space to weapons and mags)

Yes. They come in differing capacities.

I know what you mean, but when looking up, you can´t observe the Area around you. In Arma this can be really deadly

Aim and then look around with ALT pressed or use freetrack/trackIR :)

ArmA2 without TrackIR is like fighting blind. You need to look around so quickly and so much in this smaller FOV that without TrackIR, I can't play :(

I assume we will just cook pálinka out of whiskey (see the Hungarian wisdom: One can cook pálinka from anything) :D

OMG! I love the AH-1W!!!! I like W version a lot more than Z. Like the old school one. I hope you give it the Huey sound if you know what I mean. Continue the great work. Question, will you do a UH-1N?

Edited by Focha

Question, will you do a UH-1N?

It is on the (very long) list, but there are too many things on top. At the moment it doesnt look like its gonna make it. But you never know for sure...

Aushilfe are those your SU's in one of the videos?

Also there are plans for Apaches or we wait for Arrowhead? :)

1. Yes.

2. I cant say atm, sorry.

Playing without Track IR works well for me, I got pretty used to the ALT Button.

The Croatians can make alcohol out of everything, I have even Walnut Whiskey

Question, will you do a UH-1N?

In OA we will have UH-1H it's almost same as UH-1N (N version got twin-engine etc) :p

Edited by RobertHammer

Aushilfe;1504050']It is on the (very long) list' date=' but there are too many things on top. At the moment it doesnt look like its gonna make it. But you never know for sure...[/quote']

Thanks for the reply.

In OA we will have UH-1H it's almost same as UH-1N (N version got twin-engine etc) :p

Ah... Not the same thing. I like the Huey but the Twin Huey just go along well with the Super Cobra. :D