Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

I have another couple of questions on hand grenades.

I read on a thread that you cannot really use hand grenades on open ground, seeing as a soldier is not able to throw it outside of its area of effect. Therefore a soldier always has to be in cover when using a grenade. Is this modeled?

I've had trouble in ArmA2 when trying to lean out and throw a grenade round a corner - bouncing off etc. Have you made any changes which might help in this situation? E.g. the greade originating from the throwing hand (not centre line, maybe arma does this already) or some extra mode for throwing around corners?

Regular grenades fall into two catagories, offensive or defensive.

Defensive grenades are heavy on fragmentation effects and meant to be used from cover. They have much larger kill and wound radii than offensive grenades ( which are used by troops in the open and on the move ).

Using a throw mode for a frag grenade that has less range than normal does mean you should back away or take cover.

As per origin of the throw. Part of the soldier model is designated the "muzzle" for throwing objects ( similar to a rifle ). That should be the right hand - any designer doing otherwise had better make very obvious warnings. Keep that in mind when leaning and throwing.

With the muzzle thing in mind, we could actually make bayonets that work right? :) designate "muzzle" on the bayonet on a 1m effective forward range. ACE guys? :)

With the muzzle thing in mind, we could actually make bayonets that work right? :) designate "muzzle" on the bayonet on a 1m effective forward range. ACE guys? :)

who is we? amd why would you even need a bayonet?

Stealth? I'm kind of under the impression that when the time comes for bayoneting in real life the need for stealth is usually long gone.

I've got a suggestion.

How about preventing soldiers rolling in prone position while carrying backpacks and other heavy weapons like javelin.

Is this possible?

And, I also don't like having all 6 modes of throwing grenades. It's just too many.

Maybe I want precise throw, slow precise, and normal roll, and thats it.

Those 3 should do everything we ever need to do.

Wy still asking for bayonets when is sure they wont add it?

If you were in a Stealth Mission...Simple, use a "SILENCER".

ArmA is not Counter Strike.

I've got a suggestion.

How about preventing soldiers rolling in prone position while carrying backpacks and other heavy weapons like javelin.

Is this possible?

And, I also don't like having all 6 modes of throwing grenades. It's just too many.

Yeah, I've thought about the rolling restriction before. I think it would be a good limitation. Unquantified increased shortness of breath can only work so well.

And if they put throw, precise throw and roll at the top of the list, then what do you care how many throw options there are?

I agree with the rolling thing... increases the consideration when loading out. keep the grenade thing and just dun use whatever mode you don't want to. :)

And if they put throw, precise throw and roll at the top of the list, then what do you care how many throw options there are?

Do they put those three modes at the top of the list?

Even then, you would have to cycle through all of them to get back to the 1st one.

Or else, making those throw modes candigurable on the client side config would be a better solution.

Just a suggestion, please ignore me if I'm talking crap ;)

Edited by TOTAL22

Is someone forcing you to use all those 6 different throwing modes?

Or else, making those throw modes candigurable on the client side config would be a better solution.

Yeah, make it configurable so that I can throw grenades up to 200m withouth problems by altering few numbers in configuration file.

Yeah, make it configurable so that I can throw grenades up to 200m withouth problems by altering few numbers in configuration file.

Sorry, my english might be a little awkward. I didn't mean that.

nvm, forget what Ive said above and please continue on with other topic.

Edited by TOTAL22

All he's saying is that if you only envisage using 3 of those modes it'd be a PIA to have to scroll through the other, shall we say, more exotic modes everytime to get to the one you want. If you don't know enough to understand that the facility to set specific clientside options isn't some sort of license to edit anything and everything you should probably listen, learn and keep quiet.

I was just watching the videos of ACE 2 that tpm has posted on teh tube. I just have a couple of questions/suggestions for you guys.

1. Does the tear gas act exactly like smoke in the game? It seemed to spread out only to a very small area in the vid. Also, could you make it so that it's effects last beyond you standing in the gas, like your view would be obscured for a while even after you get out of the gas. Will the gas cause you to "collapse" and require first-aid if you stay in it for too long? (Would be cool.)

2. I love the silenced SPR, any chance for other, more powerful rifles with a silencer, like the Mk 14 for example? How about the Opfor side, any chance for a silenced SVD or Vintorez with a different sight? :P

How about the Opfor side, any chance for a silenced SVD or Vintorez with a different sight? :P

As far as my research can tell me there doesn't exist any silencer for the SVD. It isn't designed to use any at all, and the VSS Vintorez covers that need quite well.

The suppressed SVU exists (a shorter, bullpup-version of the SVD with built-in suppressor) but it is still a really loud weapon. Just not as stupidly loud as the SVD. Generally used by for example OMON since it brings the decibel-levels down to something you'd tolerate firing from inside a building and stuff, which may be commonly required in their police task force style of work.

Some screens of the redesigned Ah-1W Super Cobra model. The Weaponstations and their Payload are exchangable.

Ah-1WF1s.jpg

Click for Hi-Res

Ah-1WF2s.jpg

Click for Hi-Res

Oh, my! That's a beauty! And with the older camouflage patterns as well, instead of only the new all-grey! Lovely!

Good job on making those hatches work :)

I really look forward to loading my cobra with a 'tank-buster' loadout(16 AGM-114s) :yay:

Didn't think the Cobra was wired to carry 16 of those :0

The Z model is for sure.

The Ah-1W Super Cobra has 4 Hardpoints, the outer two for 2 Sidewinder, 4-8 TOW or 8 Hellfires. The inner hardpoints for 14-38 Hydras.

The Ah-1Z Viper comes with 2 outer hardpoints for Sidewinders and has 4 Hardpoints for Sidewinder, TOW, Hellfires or FFAR.

Here is a Picture of both models:

Ah-1ZF1s.jpg

Click for Hi-Res