Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

There is a scope on those. Hit the zero key on the number pad. ;)

Thx, but that doesn´t solve the Problem that the Ai can´t aim with them, and that really frustrates me because i`m trying to make a Mission where Such cannons help to hold off a Tank Attack, but the AI always aims above the target :mad:

@Alex72

Also, I'm not sure what the final result on those new weapons will be (and I admire your work, I'm a 3d modeler/texturer...) but what I've noticed from screens is they all look like brand new out of boxes... No dirt on textures, no damage, or am I wrong?

You are wrong, but in another way.

Weapons are constantly worn against uniforms and user's hands. They do not get dirty.

There is weathering (the surface wears and begins to shine) but not much more.

Sniper rifles are taken extra care of. They are carried in containers/bags when not in use. That'snot to say you cannot bump them or scratch them, but not that often...

@alex72: to stop you from spamming those forums - no promise (call it official answer)

Rgr that bud. :) No more spamming.

Maybe they are overdone - i was just asking since they were in ACE1. ;)

So if a body stay for so long in a place it will eventualy make a very small pool of blood?

ARMA2 has blood trails standard in the game. Use the injury simulation module and you get it. However when you drag someone bleeding it looks great at first but after a minute the trail is solid and like 1 meter wide lol. Maybe ACE2 will correct this.

Edited by Alex72

You are wrong, but in another way.

Weapons are constantly worn against uniforms and user's hands. They do not get dirty.

There is weathering (the surface wears and begins to shine) but not much more.

Sniper rifles are taken extra care of. They are carried in containers/bags when not in use. That'snot to say you cannot bump them or scratch them, but not that often...

Thank you for your answer. 100% agreed!

I did mistake, actually I was thinking about scratches, and you know that usual texturing at the top of barrel? Damage made by muzzle fire, etc..? Scratches...?

That's what I wanted to point out but I put it wrong way. Anyways I would love to see that on weapons, because I've seen models, they are GREAT, a few scrathes on textures would make them look awesome! Then normal map on that to make them bumpy and VOILA! :bounce3:

TPM

As much as I enjoy ACE features, the handgrenade implementation leaves something to be desired. Do we really need 19 different modes to throw grenades? all bound up in yet another 'toggle' menu that requires YET another button combination?

Better grenade physics (as you've already provided) and a 'curved' trajectory by default, with a 'direct' (but shorter) throw by pressing "optics/ironsight" button. Could have provided an equally functional yet significantly more eloquent solution.

Thank you for your hard work, but do try to keep it playable.

-k

edit: Oh and the other features are hot as hell.

Cool new Vid

But weren´t the Tailrotos implemented before? i remember one off my men beeing wounded after raning into it

Don´t Worry it will be playable. Granade Throw Modes are switched by a key combination, its easy to use

I suggest you make the grenade throw mode stay on screen always when you have grenade selected, this would eliminate the need to cycle through different modes if you forget what mode you have selected.

Also is it possible to make the game remember which weapon mode you used previously if you exit a vehicle for example? Fire mode restoring in vanilla A2 is very annoying.

One question about the backpack system.

If I put some magazines in the backpack and I throw it away does it have the magazines in it? Or are they moved to players inventory?

Nice video,

lovely tracers, weapons, etc.

I just didn't like 2 things, mh-6 sound and that grenade selection mode hiding.

plz make grenade modes always on screen.

MH-6 sounds like an old oh-6 cayuse/loach, which had only 4 main rotor blades, compared to ah/mh-6 5 blades and mh-6m 6 blades, in short birds are lacking tha buzzing sound :)

P.S.

some sounds of DAP domination with miniguns, 23mm cannon and FFARs:

EcWFsXkdl4E

soar buzzing in denver:

VRx__ou35qI

Edited by Gedis

Nice to see the Backpack working :yay:

About the grenade, maybe a hint when you select the nades that tell you which throw mode is selected? ( but only when you have the nades selected or it gets annoying ) So you don't have to remember it or cycle it :) and those who complain about key combination, don't worry about it you get used very quickly and it's not like there's fifty of them...

Looking amazing as usual. Too bad Arma2 has brought in a few limitations since ArmA1, but ACE2 will make the best of it :)

Very nice video ,but that AH/MH6 engine sound is totally wrong :(

If you or ACE team want i can give my sounds of MH6 , CH47 or AH64 ;)

If you drop the bag, you loose whats in it.

Does this mean that equipment in the backpack will be deleted if I drop it? Or are they stored in the backpack so I can pick it up again?

Yes, just look the 6 vidz. (acu us army soldiers)

If i informed right, you can select: keep the throw mode or jump to normal mode aftert throw the grenade in the ace settings

correct me if im wrong

Edited by Pain0815

TPM

As much as I enjoy ACE features, the handgrenade implementation leaves something to be desired. Do we really need 19 different modes to throw grenades? all bound up in yet another 'toggle' menu that requires YET another button combination?

Thank you for your hard work, but do try to keep it playable.

Odd, I count only 6 modes. Which is less that the combinations possible for movement on foot. This is basically the same grenade system ACE1 had.

No one said you have to use the grenade modes, unbind the key if you like and you'll never change from the same vanilla 'nade toss that ordinary A2 has. I just happen to like rolling tear gas into a room, being able to hit that 2nd story window in one try, and dropping a smoke marker at the exact LZ spot. :smiley-evil:

There may be another way to select grenade toss mode sometime, but it still is going to require a key press or mouse action unless BIS starts supporting brainwave reading or voice commands.

I have another couple of questions on hand grenades.

I read on a thread that you cannot really use hand grenades on open ground, seeing as a soldier is not able to throw it outside of its area of effect. Therefore a soldier always has to be in cover when using a grenade. Is this modeled?

I've had trouble in ArmA2 when trying to lean out and throw a grenade round a corner - bouncing off etc. Have you made any changes which might help in this situation? E.g. the greade originating from the throwing hand (not centre line, maybe arma does this already) or some extra mode for throwing around corners?

Nice video by the way: I would ask are the tracers a bit thick with NVGs equipped?

Very nice video ,but that AH/MH6 engine sound is totally wrong :(

If you or ACE team want i can give my sounds of MH6 , CH47 or AH64 ;)

Oh my god, yes please take his sounds, they are just great, and I won´t have to run both ACE and RH Heli sounds at the same Time

@Evil Echo Still no resonse from ViperMaul. Is he still alive?^^

We already have his heli sounds slightly modified and implemented. ;)

Thats why I thoght that I´m still running his Mod when testing the first time

I hope you asked him kindly^^

Edited by Tonci87