Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

Or mouse :)

I have mine set to one of the side buttons.

It can be any keyboard key, you just choose what you want to use through the TIR software. All you do is press the key while playing and it recenters to whatever your current position is. It's really simple.

Do you need to hold down ALT for the TrackIR to be activated? Like holding down ALT and moving the mouse to look around me.

Do you need to hold down ALT for the TrackIR to be activated? Like holding down ALT and moving the mouse to look around me.

No, there is no need to hold a key. You just move your head and the camera moves with it. You can set hotkeys for disabling and re-enabling head tracking though.

looks nice i may look into buying this down the line definitly something i may be intrested in , very good creation utilizes well with ARMA2 great job !

Writing this I am almost ashamed to admit that the TIR5 perched on my monitor is the first piece of NaturalPoint kit I have ever owned (the second being the TrackClip Pro that arrived with it). Actually, I am ashamed.

Intuitive is a chronically over-used term in the world of games, but if anything deserves that particular adjective it's this product. Dsly's video (top post) does a great job of showing you the concept. Nevertheless, I suspect I'm not unique when I say that however much you might think you can anticipate the effect ... you're wrong. My first simple walk in the ArmA countryside with the additional immersion of TIR simply blew me away. And that was before I started shooting things.

For any serious ArmA player (and future ArmA2 player) able to afford it, this is a no-brainer investment.

FYI UK folks: I bought mine from R C Simulations, very happy with the price/service.

Edited by Fer

Do you guys have any experiences with different (earlier) models of Track IR? I bought a TIR3 (with Vector, not Track Clip) a couple of weeks ago and it works perfectly fine, the 6DOF support and everything. So far I haven't felt any need for an extra sensitivity, maybe just the angle of IR capturing could be wider.. but still, is there a need for non-professional gamers to upgrade? I myselft use Track IR mainly in flight simulations and in ArmA only in vehicles, didn't like it very much as an infantryman..

Do you guys have any experiences with different (earlier) models of Track IR? I bought a TIR3 (with Vector, not Track Clip) a couple of weeks ago and it works perfectly fine, the 6DOF support and everything. So far I haven't felt any need for an extra sensitivity, maybe just the angle of IR capturing could be wider.. but still, is there a need for non-professional gamers to upgrade? I myselft use Track IR mainly in flight simulations and in ArmA only in vehicles, didn't like it very much as an infantryman..
I've had TIR1, TIR3Pro and TIR4. The increase in resolution, field of view and speed from the earlier models just means you spend less time getting it set up how you like it, less time recentering it and more time enjoying the totally different experience in game.

P

I'm still waiting for mine, hopefully it will arrive this week!

To new users. Please keep in mind that ArmA does not implement TrackIR perfectly (e.g., it's particularly buggy in zooming and then restoring to the normal FOV). However, it looks like Arma2 will implement it fully and properly, so the experience will only get better in just a few weeks!

I finally got a wireless headset with a mic (creative HS 1200 digital), but with the TIR5 headset with USB and wire its kind of a stepback when i finally got the freedom without the wire.

I've had TIR1, TIR3Pro and TIR4. The increase in resolution, field of view and speed from the earlier models just means you spend less time getting it set up how you like it, less time recentering it and more time enjoying the totally different experience in game.

Thanks for a reply. I still don't know what do you mean by "totally different experience." How much different can it be? Even though I have TIR3Pro I am using software version 4.1 and the settings is not unfriendly. I have read some stuff about TIR1 being imperfect in a lot of aspects, but those were fixed and since TIR3Pro is working great, I can't imagine how much different the TIR5 can be..:confused:

Hi all

I just updated my Track IR 4 to the new version 5 software.

Seeing a lot of improvements in deadzones and smoothness.

Kind Regards walker

Thanks for a reply. I still don't know what do you mean by "totally different experience." How much different can it be? Even though I have TIR3Pro I am using software version 4.1 and the settings is not unfriendly. I have read some stuff about TIR1 being imperfect in a lot of aspects, but those were fixed and since TIR3Pro is working great, I can't imagine how much different the TIR5 can be..:confused:
There isn't a massive difference between 3 and 4. I noticed the enhanced field of view and the much easier mounting on a LCD monitor more so than the resolution improvement.

If you're happy with the 3 and it's working well for you I wouldn't feel pressured into buying a 5. I'm certainly not looking to upgrade from my 4 to a 5 any time soon.

P

despite not having a job atm, i ordered myself TiR5, mainly for ArmA2, but how is TiR5 compared to TiR4 in ArmA 1? is there any difference at all there? or will the "big improvement" come with ArmA 2?

Nice video, if it would cost the same over here (Netherlands) as it does in the US I'd order one. But €170 for the base package is just too much for what is offered.

despite not having a job atm, i ordered myself TiR5, mainly for ArmA2, but how is TiR5 compared to TiR4 in ArmA 1? is there any difference at all there? or will the "big improvement" come with ArmA 2?

You can notice the difference in it, definitely. A2 just makes it more obvious and enjoyable, due to the increased responsiveness.

leaning with track ir 5 and arma 1 does not work. i lean but not the same amount as like i press q...what settings can i change? i work with default profile, cause beta 5 didnt update arma profiles or any other game--

leaning with track ir 5 and arma 1 does not work. i lean but not the same amount as like i press q...what settings can i change? i work with default profile, cause beta 5 didnt update arma profiles or any other game--

You need to raise the X axis sensitivity, though make sure there is a nice deadzone in the middle, so you don't keep leaning accidentally. :)

You need to raise the X axis sensitivity, though make sure there is a nice deadzone in the middle, so you don't keep leaning accidentally. :)

thanks works fine:o

I got mine today, will be testing tonight :D

So, any thoughts worth mentioning with regard to TIR in Arma2?

Is there any way to lock head movement when you're aiming in ironsight?

So, any thoughts worth mentioning with regard to TIR in Arma2?

Is there any way to lock head movement when you're aiming in ironsight?

Hi Col.Flanders

Yes.

Use the pause TrackIR button. You probably want to change the default buttons. I use [Home] for centre, [End] for pause and [Pause/Break] for Precision

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi Walker,

Thanks, but I meant while still being able to lean.

Guess I'll have to keep nagging the naturalpoint devs to implement a 'disable/enable axis/axes' hotkey.

I think Vincent knows me as the axis hotkey guy by now. :p

I don't really agree with that, but of course I would say that. :)

It's $145 or $165 depending on how you do it (assuming you use the referral codes of mine), btw.

May I pls get a referral code.

Thanks,

Soulfly.