Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

Anybody bought it from the French connection supplier at 168.99€s.

http://www.funreactor.fr/catalog/

I see that the German distributer has the 5 pro with ArmA2 for 199€s.

I'm resisting as hard as I can (50bucks4tehgame&170+2playit):butbut:

I guess I'll turn around for a couple of days before I crack up and buy it.

What keeps my hopes up is that the first extra 2 mo of ram I bought cost me about a 1000 ff/100£ but that was years ago...

No need to try and convince me to buy it, I'm doing it myself :D

Thanks...

May I pls get a referral code.

Thanks,

Soulfly.

You can find them on this page, Soulfly.

Can I still use my old track clip Pro I used with my TrackIR 4?

Can I still use my old track clip Pro I used with my TrackIR 4?

Yep, that will work fine. That's what I use.

This is killing me I ordered a track IR 5 last week and I'm still waiting for the thing to show up. Don't know whats up the post offices butt. But it has been sitting about 25 miles away in another towns post office waiting to come to me since the 30th.

URRRR. Should of paid more for shipping better I guess.:yay:

Got MY TiR5 today :) tryed it in ArmA (1) and i gotta say, its alot smoother than TiR4, at least on what i feel :yay:

cant wait for ArmA2 to come out now!

Got MY TiR5 today :) tryed it in ArmA (1) and i gotta say, its alot smoother than TiR4, at least on what i feel :yay:

cant wait for ArmA2 to come out now!

It's even smoother in Arma2. In fact, in ArmA1 I didn't really use it much while I was playing infantry and generally used it more in vehicles. Since ArmA2 I've basically been using it from the get-go and I've got to say it feels much more immersive than in A1. It really comes natural after a while, like when you're leading your squad toward an objective you take a quick "peek over your shoulder" to make sure they're keeping up.

The only thing I'd advise on is to configure your X and Z axes in the TIR5 software so there's a deadzone in the middle. Gives you a bit more room to move without accidentally leaning or zooming. :)

It's even smoother in Arma2. In fact, in ArmA1 I didn't really use it much while I was playing infantry and generally used it more in vehicles. Since ArmA2 I've basically been using it from the get-go and I've got to say it feels much more immersive than in A1. It really comes natural after a while, like when you're leading your squad toward an objective you take a quick "peek over your shoulder" to make sure they're keeping up.

The only thing I'd advise on is to configure your X and Z axes in the TIR5 software so there's a deadzone in the middle. Gives you a bit more room to move without accidentally leaning or zooming. :)

any chance u can make a fast profile with that? and upload. im not good with all those stuff in the software :) i usualy play with the default configurations

EDIT: by the way dslyecxi, do u have a custom profile for arma2, as you had with arma 1? i allways used the a1 profile, so just wonder if u got one for a2 as well? :)

Edited by Evishion

Same here: just received my TrackIR5 too and am also interested in an ArmA2 profile...

EDIT: by the way dslyecxi, do u have a custom profile for arma2, as you had with arma 1? i allways used the a1 profile, so just wonder if u got one for a2 as well? :)

Haven't tweaked mine that much yet. I've been too busy with my A2 guide to really sit down and spend time on tweaking it. I like the default profile, if you bump the speed up a bit. Not exactly sure what I'll change when I find the time to do so, but once I do, I'll post it here for anyone else to try out.

Who has it already or is planning to get it? I want one just dont have money atm. Would be great to have.

I have Track IR 4 running with TIR 5 Software and plan to use it. The system works well. Save yer money and get that.

yea i will, i was looking on youtube about it and it looks like it would be very handey and save my life many times!

Using it already and it rocks!

:yay:

Though I'm not sure if we need another TIR5+Arma2 thread.

oh dident know there was another one, prob should of looked haha oh well my bad!

when i am at home i can share my trackir 5 profile with you. but i didn't use the z-axis...makes me nervous and i like the page up/ page down keys more for zooming.

hehe yea, i copyed the default profile (dont think ds's profile works on Tir5 software?) and disabled the z axes in the copyed one, i accidently zoomed nonstop with it on :p

hehe yea, i copyed the default profile (dont think ds's profile works on Tir5 software?) and disabled the z axes in the copyed one, i accidently zoomed nonstop with it on :p
That's a bug with the current version of the beta, which the team are working on.
The Z axis noise is not addressed in the beta 3 release, but we hope to have that resolved in an upcoming release. Its near the top of our priorities.

Birch NaturalPoint

Source: forum.naturalpoint.com

P

Arma 2 is hard even with the Track IR 5. The AI blends in so well with the enviroment its crazy. I mean you can walk up to an AI that laying in the grass or brush in the woods and not even see him until its too late.

Then Your AI team mates calling out bad guys that are a half mile away does not help LOL.

Arma 2 is hard even with the Track IR 5. The AI blends in so well with the enviroment its crazy. I mean you can walk up to an AI that laying in the grass or brush in the woods and not even see him until its too late.

Then Your AI team mates calling out bad guys that are a half mile away does not help LOL.

Hi Malkuth

From yours and others description and from the videos I have seen it seems BIS have finaly started to match the histograms of the camo and the background with histograms of the reality. About time too.

I still have not got ArmA II another 2 weeks until the 505 release, I will not sucumb to Morphicon disease! I will wait patiently I will, I will wait. :( Waiting ... waiting ...

Kind Regards walker

Dammit...this is your fault Dslyecxi....

I accidentally broke my TrackClip the other day...

So off I go to buy another..and stumble over your vid..

So now I've bought TWO trackClips and a TracIR5 , and are planning to make a friend of mine very happy with the hand-down of the TrackIR4 :)..

Keep up the good work :D

Dslyecxi is the usb on the track clip just for power? it look like it..

I think im going to mod it to make it wireless if so as my headphones are wireless.

Cheers,

Dslyecxi is the usb on the track clip just for power? it look like it..

I think im going to mod it to make it wireless if so as my headphones are wireless.

Cheers,

Yes, it's just to power the LEDs. If you do a wireless mod for it and are successful, let us know - I'd be interested in the details.