Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

Just got TrackIR 5 today :D

But can't get it to work in ArmA 2. not sure how.

I have no idea what im doing wrong but i just cant get my TIR 5 to work in arma 2, there are already presets for the track ir in the control settings so i thought just to 1 start track ir 2 start the game and ill be fine, DOH not. what am i doing wrong ?

Have you run a games update? ("Check for Game Updates..." in Application Options menu) If not, try that first. If that doesn't address it, I'd recommend emailing support@naturalpoint.com for more assistance.

All works good. But how do I make it less sensitive. So when I move close to screen in a SU-25 cockpit. I want it to be stable so I can fire.

You can reduce responsiveness and sensitivity by increasing the smoothing level. Alternately, you can reduce the scaling of the motion. If your "speed" setting is anywhere above 1, I'd try reducing that slightly before increasing smoothing too much.

My speed is at 1 right now. So I guess I should play with Smooth.

Have you run a games update? ("Check for Game Updates..." in Application Options menu) If not, try that first. If that doesn't address it, I'd recommend emailing support@naturalpoint.com for more assistance.

You can reduce responsiveness and sensitivity by increasing the smoothing level. Alternately, you can reduce the scaling of the motion. If your "speed" setting is anywhere above 1, I'd try reducing that slightly before increasing smoothing too much.

yes i have, its in the list, will send mail.

My speed is at 1 right now. So I guess I should play with Smooth.

I use the 'precision' hotkey when I zoom in.

I use the 'precision' hotkey when I zoom in.

I don't want to use hotkeys. That's what I have TrackIR for :P

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I have another question. How do I save different profiles for different games? And then select to use them?

I have another question. How do I save different profiles for different games? And then select to use them?

Once you have created the different game profiles, you just need to apply the different profile to the different game titles, on the Profiles/Titles page

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

.8.2 Title Management

The Titles section displays a list of all TrackIR enhanced Titles, allows sorting by genre, and enables you to assign a profile to a TrackIR Enhanced title so that the profile will be loaded automatically when the title starts.

In order to associate profiles with titles, click on the drop-down list on the right-hand side and select a new one from the list of available profiles. Keep in mind that the profile will not be loaded until the title is started.

You have to activate Track IR InGame in the controls menu too.

Otherwise it wont work.

You have to activate Track IR InGame in the controls menu too.

Otherwise it wont work.

where, how ?

Hey, NaturalPoint_Vincent, thanks for making a great product. Now go tell BIS to implement 6DoF ;)

well that i know, belive me i have checked that options menu a million times now, acctually TIR suddenly started to work when i was i plane, but next time i started game it didnt work again. so theres no "click me if u have a track ir" that i can tell u.

the track ir seemes to be pre selected for looking certain ways, but if theres a activation for the device im either blind or the game has another bug...

I'll see what I can do..........

And enable/disable one or more axes on the fly!

(yes, I'm the guy who keeps nagging about that!):p

My problem solved after reading properly the topic.

Thanks for the help, my TrackIR working superbly now! :)

Edited by Cifu1978

well that i know, belive me i have checked that options menu a million times now, acctually TIR suddenly started to work when i was i plane, but next time i started game it didnt work again. so theres no "click me if u have a track ir" that i can tell u.

the track ir seemes to be pre selected for looking certain ways, but if theres a activation for the device im either blind or the game has another bug...

This is not the troubleshooting section, but: a) does your TrackIR work well in the TrackIR interface? If not, make sure you have only selected TrackClipPro if you have that.

b) The default TrackIR keys (e.g. Pause) might be the same as a key in ArmA2, causing it to pause and resume???

Why spend £100 on a system like this when i can just hold a button to allow me to look-around?..And unless you sit perfectly straight and such which i do not, a trackir system would just make my guy look up constantly :(

This is not the troubleshooting section, but: a) does your TrackIR work well in the TrackIR interface? If not, make sure you have only selected TrackClipPro if you have that.

b) The default TrackIR keys (e.g. Pause) might be the same as a key in ArmA2, causing it to pause and resume???

acctually after 1.02 patch it started to work just fine. its fine and dandy now.

I don't want to use hotkeys. That's what I have TrackIR for :P

I've unchecked 'toggle' to allow press&hold functionality, and mapped 'precision' to my right mouse button. If you crank up the smoothing you'll lose overall responsiveness of the TrackIR unit, so a hotkey like this is the best solution for me when aiming. I do have two zoom buttons though, one with 'precision' and one without. Hotkeys are not really much of a hassle when you map them to keys you have to use anyway. :)

Why spend £100 on a system like this when i can just hold a button to allow me to look-around?..And unless you sit perfectly straight and such which i do not, a trackir system would just make my guy look up constantly :(

No one is forcing you to buy one, but you are missing out on a great thing :D

Having been an "alt" look guy for ages, I kinda half heartly had a look on the site when I was ordering my new gtx295 from to see if they sold Trackir 5. They did and it was cheaper than importing from overseas..

Hummm.. "alt" has done me for ages.... new 295 + trackir ... just for arma 2 ... is it worth it ...

I started looking at TrackIR years and years ago when I was heavy into flight sims, but just never took the plunge... it would not make that much of a difference I told myself...Could I have been wrong ?

OH HELL YEAH.

If you have not used TrackIR and argue that "Alt" key is fine (like I used to belive) .. man .. what a wake up call. The difference is night and day. It is a huge difference, and as a mainly Inf man.. I find it really hard to even think about going back to the "old" way.

Unless you have tried it, you really can't explain nor compare. In short thou, it makes you really really feel immersed in whats happening around you.

Few things for thoses that have not used it.

You do not move you head so far that you have to look out the corner of your eyes. It just does not work like that.

And if you think it limits or strains your neck / eyes / whatever, forget it.. thats completly false.

Downside - If I ever have to play on a mates rig without it I will hate HATE the experiance of having to go back to ALT now.

I now also use it for my racing simulations, nailing that apex is much more consistant, not to mention checking the inside for other cars before turn it.

I use the std trackers on a cap.. mainly due to not wanting to miss out on the sound of a full Krix surround setup.

And really, its damm cheap for the extra level of immersion it gives you, when you consider some of my other toys just for gaming (g15-g25-Thrustmaster Couger HOTAS dell 30" screen-Yamaha 7.1 amp etc)

I had been sizing up downgrading my screen to 3 x 20 - 22's with a TH2go (TH2Go is limited to its resolution it can pump out :mad: or would grab another 2 30" screens) for more viewing space in games and to get that feeling of really being there, but with the TrackIR .. pffft it drops you right in the think of things.

Highly Reccomended

Mine arrived today. I only wish I had gotten one years ago. What a great addition to both flight and ground combat.

Any Aussies or Kiwis know a good place to pick one of these up for a good price?

Having been an "alt" look guy for ages.

Hummm.. "alt" has done me for ages.... new 295 + trackir ... just for arma 2 ... is it worth it ...

I was the same as you. I've had it for a few weeks now (belated thank you Dslyecxi, you sold me on it) and it really does provide a much improved experiance. I also now find I'm turning my head to look around when playing other games that don't even have a free look feature, I've done this even in Trackmania to try and see who's trying to overtake. I also caught myself doing this while watching a youtube video, I felt like a right pillock.

TrackIR makes Arma2 even better, every FPS should support it.

Agreed, I cant even play ARMA2 without TrackIR, im not saying its easier but I feel locked up without it.