Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

That's not very likely, as it's a whole new logistical can of worms. The market for either product is small, and the market for a bundle is smaller still.

Not everyone who buys a TrackIR is an Arma player; in fact, we're the minority. TrackIR's bread-and-butter customers are the flight-sim people. If TrackIR bundled any software, it would likely be a flight simulator. To keep costs down, however, I don't see them doing even this, and for good reason.

Btw Dslyecxi, your fantastic youtube demostration of ARMA II and TrackIR 5 persuaded me to get mine. Can't wait for release :D

Very cool to hear that. Glad you like it. :)

This video was very disappointing because there was nothing new about the head tracking implementation, it was exactly the same as ArmA1, so really it was an ArmA2 preview and nothing more. The conveniently timed TrackIR5 advertisement shamelessly attached to the preview totally killed it. It would not have looked any different if it were TrackIR4, TrackIR3, FreeTrack, Cachya, HatTrack, whatever and only serves to endorse and strengthen a head tracking monopoly which makes about as much sense as a monopoly on six-axis joysticks.

I was expecting 6dof in vehicles at least, and maybe smooth crouch and forward leaning. So instead of just side leaning you can lean to the side AND forward around an obstacle. Also more visual cues to assist with determining the orientation of your body would make it more practical for infantry because there is no cockpit or cabin to be used as a frame of reference, only the gun which is not always visible. If there's any reason for TrackIR5 it is that it should be pushing new innovations like this, not more of the same.

The video was poorly presented, downbeat, slow, boring even, it didn't sell head tracking at all and it did not get me excited about the game.

I think it was great for those who never heard of Track IR before. The game looked great and all. However I completely agree with Hyp3rdyn3 because it doesn't offer more than Track IR 3 and 4 and that's a letdown. I also agree about the presentation being slow & boring but as you can see this guy is clearly not a professional speaker. I think he mainly did this for fun and the fans of ARMA because he simply like the game & his Track IR and I'm absolutely fine with this.

Edited by Tyl3n0L

words and more words

You are clearly not here to push any agenda whatsoever. :rolleyes:

It doesn't take much to look through the responses on Youtube, or this thread, or any number of other forums, and see a general consensus that is significantly different from what you see it as. But, based on you being here with a whopping two posts, both about the same thing, I think it's pretty clear where you're from and what you're pushing...

edit: Additionally, it's cute that you're blaming NaturalPoint/TrackIR5 for design elements that actually fall into the realm of BIS (fluid stance and such). No agenda, though. Nope! :rolleyes:

Edited by Dslyecxi

My Trackir 5 arrived today! And it works a treat. (vista 64) Just tuning it for Arma now. Yes, I think it is better than my trackir 4...not that there was anything wrong with the 4.. I just like the 5 better . :)

thanks Dslyecxi...(and Natural Point)

About TrackIR Software. Will it work on Windows 7 64Bits? I'm downloading the RC as I speak.

Thanks

The TrackIR5 Basic (!) price in Germany is ridiculous (160 Euro). If there will be a bundle Arma2 + TrackIR5 & Track Clip Pro for about 200 Euro available in Germany, I'd hit it.

Otherwise not.

This video was very disappointing because *snip*

I hope you have joined these forums for more than to push an agenda on a peripheral, otherwise your stay will most likely be a short one.

Hyp3rdyn3, you could have been slightly more subtle!

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how gaming will be in a few years when it's standard to have TrackIR and not-yet-invented gaming peripherals.

About TrackIR Software. Will it work on Windows 7 64Bits? I'm downloading the RC as I speak.

Thanks

I am currently running Windows 7 RC 64-bit, and it is working perfectly.

I am always tempted by new shiny things but since I already have TrackIR 4 (and no small thanks goes to Dslyecxi's previous video's for showing me it's capabilites) I'll go with the 275 GTX my wife doesn't know I'll be adding to my credit card and paying off in small amounts so she wont notice.....:pray:

I am always tempted by new shiny things but since I already have TrackIR 4 (and no small thanks goes to Dslyecxi's previous video's for showing me it's capabilites) I'll go with the 275 GTX my wife doesn't know I'll be adding to my credit card and paying off in small amounts so she wont notice.....:pray:

Have you downloaded the beta version of the TIR 5 software? I own a TIR4, and I really enjoy the new software. That has breathed a bit of new life into my TIR4 (especially since it decided to stop interfacing with my computer about a month ago)

the new beta 2 softward have some fix upon the last one

Just got my TIR5 today. I can tell the resolution's much better compared to my TIR4. Looking forward to trying it online this Saturday. :)

Rather have my gun looking where im looking anyways, this things pointless for FPS. You can look around and watch me shoot you.

Rather have my gun looking where im looking anyways, this things pointless for FPS. You can look around and watch me shoot you.

That train of thought is along the same lines as the no-float zone argument. I take it you don't have any float zone enabled either? Just a guess on my part.

TrackIR and head tracking in general isn't for everyone. I own it, but I don't always us it in Arma.

Yeah, float should be default set to high without possibility to change at all. IMO

I cant imagine to play without floating anymore... let alone only crosshairs *g

"Track Clip Pro" or "Vector Clip" with Trach IR 5?

I wonder if the Track Clip Pro which attaches to the headphones works better than the Vector Clip which attaches to a cap? Is there any difference between these options, apart from the comfort of not having to wear a cap when using the Track Clip Pro?

I don't really want yet another cable on my desk if I can help it. But if the Pro clip makes a significant difference in terms of gaming experience it might be worth it. I have read what Natural Point says about it on the web site but I'd be grateful for some comments from users with first hand experience.

I use the TrackClip Pro because I don't want to wear a hat while playing; I've never actually tried the vector clip.

It works great, but I'm sure the vector clip works fine as well.

Edited by Squint

I use the vector clip without a hat. I used to have a headset that I could clip the vector clip on to without problem, so I've never needed a hat.

I got a new headset that I couldn't clip it on to as easily, so I put it between my head and the headset band. Works fine.

Hi..

I have downloaded the beta version of the TIR 5 software too. I own a TIR4, with track clip pro.. everyting works well.. nemas problemas..

over and out..