Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

TrackIR 5 ArmA2 Thread!

Swiveling your body around to see was only arma right not arma2? holding alt key now in prone and looking doesnt that work? Im sure I did that other night and it was a big difference.

soz i shouldve related to just my own use in my post. For sure alt works too but i dont find it as good. I still sometimes hit two keys at once :rolleyes:

Swiveling your body around to see was only arma right not arma2? holding alt key now in prone and looking doesnt that work? Im sure I did that other night and it was a big difference.

You can use ALT to look with your head in ARMA and ARMA2

is there a swiss retailer who sells track ir 5 ?

Not sure about Switzerland, but I got my TrackIR5 from http://www.2connect.de in Germany. They probably ship to CH too. :)

You can use ALT to look with your head in ARMA and ARMA2

No the post was refering to using it prone really and not having your whole body move when looking about in said prone position.

"swiveling your body" not using alt to swivel your head, i guess you missread it :D

I live in Europe too, but bought my TrackIR5 on eBay US.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_nkw=trackir+5&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Brand new, in box, etc: "TrackIR 5 Pro & TrackClip Pro Optical Track System NEW"

Total price, including international shipment: US $189.98 (= 135 Euro! :yay:)

Did not have to pay import tax, because the package note said it contained a gift: 'PC Headset accessory', with a value of only $ 23,50. For this low value no import tax is charged :D

When it arrived after a few days, for a moment I thought they send me the wrong thing, but it is actually quite a small package.

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee customs won't charge tax, but it worked out fine for me :)

yea german customs are catching on to this though. twice already i have had to collect from customs office in kiel when visiting my parents in germany and having had presents sent to there.

customs are checking especially for "Gift" that has a company as a senders address. so if you deal via ebay, even if it is a company make sure to ask them to not use the company name but rather a private one.

i think the cheapest way to get TrackIR in Germany is to ordern in the UK. no customs...good prices...and the shop personal at rcsimulations.com is very friendly. (and i like to avoid ebay...)

It would be nice if 6DOF could be implemented. The ability to lean to look around corners is great and is already here. 6DOF would allow you to stretch your neck up to sneak-a-peek over the grass to spot the enemy or raise your head to look over the car your crouched behind.

For those in Denmark, the easiest way to get TrackIR 5 Pro and the Track Clip Pro is Betafon ApS (www.betafon.dk) use the search terms: trackir 5 pro and trackclip pro. I recieved mine 3 days after ordering. It is not exactly cheap, but hey what you gonna do!

Edited by DennisK4

ended up ordering from the US.

worked it out that with the cheap dollar i m still better of buying from the US than from CH. the trackir without click is almost 100CHF more than US. factoring in the gst and import tax this comes cheaper still.

EU with the stronge Euro and rather strong Pound was not an option. at least not for Switzerland.

ended up ordering from the US.

worked it out that with the cheap dollar i m still better of buying from the US than from CH. the trackir without click is almost 100CHF more than US. factoring in the gst and import tax this comes cheaper still.

EU with the stronge Euro and rather strong Pound was not an option. at least not for Switzerland.

Same situation here, euro > dollar = good :yay:

Ordered one set, I'm curious if I'll be sea-sick behind my PC haha :ill:

Ordered one set, I'm curious if I'll be sea-sick behind my PC haha :ill:

Highly unlikely :). You're more likely to be sick from the head-bob anim in Arma2.

Just a heads up for Canadian fans who may not want to risk custom charges when ordering from down south. NCIX.com sell the TIR and clip for about 260 taxes and shipping in. I buy all my parts from them and have never had any problems, great retailer.

Ordered my TrackIr/trackclip pro today, fingers crossed it would arrive in time for friday :)

Anyone care to post their Track IR profiles?

I'm using:

Speed=3

Smooth=10

For a first time user im finding those settings alright.

Anybody using this? The only thing I've found is one Youtube review, but would like to hear from others. If your' using one is it the 4 or the 5 version.

Just got TrackIR 5 today :D

But can't get it to work in ArmA 2. not sure how.

I have no idea what im doing wrong but i just cant get my TIR 5 to work in arma 2, there are already presets for the track ir in the control settings so i thought just to 1 start track ir 2 start the game and ill be fine, DOH not. what am i doing wrong ?

I have no idea what im doing wrong but i just cant get my TIR 5 to work in arma 2, there are already presets for the track ir in the control settings so i thought just to 1 start track ir 2 start the game and ill be fine, DOH not. what am i doing wrong ?

When you start the TrackIR device, the left LED should glow green. When you start a supported game like Arma2 the right LED should glow green aswell. Is this the case?

When you start the TrackIR device, the left LED should glow green. When you start a supported game like Arma2 the right LED should glow green aswell. Is this the case?

Nope, only the one thats states that i have tir on

Nope, only the one thats states that i have tir on

Have you by any chance renamed your Arma2 exe to something like Crysis because of SLI support? Not sure if that could case your problem, but it's possible I guess. For some reason TrackIR obviously isn't recognizing Arma2.

Latest driver version will not support tir3. So does anyone know when next driver version will be released as Natural point say that one will support tir3?

I have Tir3 and after having just invested in a new system, it will be a little while before I can update my TIR.

Have you by any chance renamed your Arma2 exe to something like Crysis because of SLI support? Not sure if that could case your problem, but it's possible I guess. For some reason TrackIR obviously isn't recognizing Arma2.

nope, havent dont anything, just installed it.

All works good. But how do I make it less sensitive. So when I move close to screen in a SU-25 cockpit. I want it to be stable so I can fire.