Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA feedback thread - based on Beta Patch 1.15

It would be good to know what exactly is planned to be definitely fixed/changed/added in the final(last?) patch.

With that information we(the community) could say what we think are the most important parts to be fixed/changed/added also.

MfG Lee

Quote[/b] ]It would be good to know what exactly is planned to be definitely fixed/changed/added in the final(last?) patch.

With that information we(the community) could say what we think are the most important parts to be fixed/changed/added also.

I have to say this would be good idea.

Yeah, that'd be good to see.

Totally out of place, but goddamn would I kill for a few AI tweaks in the final patch... it's the only slight blemish on my otherwise idyllic ArmA vista.

Im wondering whats happening with the "community tweaks" that was mentioned in the developer blog?

I understand BIS are busy working on their next "master piece" but I still hope they had/have time to look into this bug/flaw that is ruining covert missions (at least for me) before the final ArmA patch arrives...

Bug with silenced weapons

Direct link to a simple test mission to reproduce it...

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files....le2.zip

/KC

About Balance, yes APS and G18 would be nice, but as of US has M16A2, M16A4, M4, M4A1, than east should at lest have added, AK-47 and AN-94, and against M249, an RPK-74M with 45 rnd mag, same stability as m249 and no second slot blocking.

And why i am talking about this! Because in best MP game type "Warefare" east has less weapons and many players don't like to play on maps that require addons download.

i could make warefare with Vilas or RHS weapons, but many players will dont play it, and some who will play wil say that their weapons are cheated and i would like to avoid it.

Quote[/b] ]Patch is great. I cant wait for alpha.

Alpha? You mean release candidate or even gold? Alpha normally in software release life cycle comes before beta... wink_o.gif

But anyway, I otherwise totally agree. Runs damn good and no problems.

And specs are:

E6850

8800 GT 512MB (had SLI, but one GPU just got broken, damn)

Vista 64bit Home

8GB RAM

Quote[/b] ]Driving fast down a slope kills you.

Me too,and don't have to even drive fast.And as i stated before,save system needs patching also

Update for this thing,now i got killed many times driving uphill too!

Is normal that with patch 1.15 in the independent side the usual unit in desert camouflage are replaced by partisans???

even if i have tried to install the woodland racs pack in the scrool menu the soldiers are named as partisans and during gameplay they are fitted with russian side weapons instead western one???

If you are experiencing unexpected behaviour with addons or mods, you should ask in the threads for those mods.

Some things that shouldnt be a big problem to fix:

- AI units turned out in vehicles if player (team leader) is in cargo - change to "danger"/"stealth" doesnt have affect.

- disembarking AI (groups) need to go few metres away from vehicles (vehicle explosion shouldnt kill them all) and they should take defensive position

- AI aiming and hiting with grenade launchers (M203/GP25) is still poor

- AI shoots AT weapons vs infantry is still active hope we see a change in Arma2 eg. launchers with different warheads like fragmentation/fuel (against non/light armored targets), HEAT (against armored targets)

- AI switches too often to handguns if they are filled with more mags than the rifle eg Watch AI sniper if he his rifle magazines goes down to one.

- AI need some kind of improved terrain awareness, very rarely they use it for cover/sneaking or as good fire position (sniping, suppressive fire)

- AI cross the line of fire would be better if they do this behind firing position or say/shout something like "Watch out!"

- missing different sounds/noise of footsteps and gear if units are walking and running

- missing different sounds if a unit hit the ground

- BMP-2: if commander turned out he can only look up or down but not right or left

- better/zoomed out default FOV in vehicles - as driver you should see the gauges, gunner/commander zoomed out for better overview in both positions (turn in + turn out)

- red taillights should switch on only if light is on or driver apply the brake

Hope that Arma2 will be released with much better betatesting before.

Runs on my system fine so far with this patch. Of course it didn't work with my 8 gigs and had to set 4096 in msconfig. I assume 8 gigs will be supported in a release candidate? 8 gigs is going to become more common as people replace their 32bit XP systems.

Thanks in advanced for Armed Assault and OFP! In addition I would like to let you know that with Arma Patch 1.15 the frame rate is more stable and higher!

Here there are some bugs:

1) Arma Patch 1.15 Beta make crash my computer. It switch off my screen/VGA and after 5 seconds it makes switch off my computer. Computer:

Windows Vista 64 (SP1)

8Gb Ram

nVidia EVGA GTX 285 (Divers 182.06)

SoundBlaster X-Fi

2) Enemies can see through buildings floors. I so this issue in balcony hotels and other buildings. In addition enemies can shoot you through hotel balcony floor killing you.

3) AI get stuck under helicopter propeller.

4) MI17 with rockets can attack to anyone or anything!

5) It is possible to kill a KA50 using a with a MP5SD! Only you need to shoot it when the KA50 is flying over you. It will crash trying to aim on you! Easier if you do this in a place with buildings.

6) KA50 attacks aircrafts using AT ammo. This problem can be fixed easily removing AT ammo and add AT ammo only when the nearest enemy is kind of tank.

7) KA50 Is not aggressive enough! It can fly over you many times trying to kill you using the machine gun. Looks like that KA50 has trouble to aim when using machine gun. KA50 becomes very aggressive if machine gun ammo is removed.

8) There is no difference between a new airplane and a very damage one! Only smoke? It is possible to land an airplane with huge damage.

9) Why a Strela and Stinger can kill small aircrafts at the first time?

10) Is harder to kill a man with a rocket launcher than with a pistol! why rocket launcher explosions doesn't kill men when they are close to the explosion?  Why there two types of ammo for RPG: PG7V,PG7VR

11) Tanks make smoke on the road.

12) Some times enemies they know where you are but the keep looking to the opposite location.

13) It is possible to see through "Fortress2" walls if you fire your gun.

14) There is a stone at west side of Corazol (NW of item ID 293161) where you can hide inside. Once you are inside you can see everything but no one can see you.

15) It is possible to shoot while playing animation "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_carCheckWheel"

16) Players can not guide other players bombs with the laser weapon. Laser weapon only works with AI.

17) A player under tree shade appears with no shade for players away from him. Is it possible to fix this issue?

18) Will be wonderful if admin would be capable to switch off or on shadows (like viewdistance)

19) Petroleum machines at "Plato De Callo" doesn't make any noise.

20) Trees don't make any noise when there are broken by vehicles.

21) Electric towers don't make noise when aircrafts collide with them.

22) Players can modify AI status at players pool after server have been created.

23) AI soldiers can get stuck when there are too close. When this happens the units can fire each other.

There's an annoying bug (also in earlier versions): when AI soldier runs out of ammo, he switches to hand gun. Good so far, but it's impossible to make him switch back to main weapon after he gets some ammo. And what's even worse, when I order him to get another weapon, he takes it, but then gets stuck in place and stops responding to orders.

Thanks in advanced for Armed Assault and OFP! In addition I would like to let you know that with Arma Patch 1.15 the frame rate is more stable and higher!

Here there are some bugs:

<ul>

5) Maybe SLA pilots are easily distracted =P

6) The rockets a KA-50 carries are At and AA. They can lock onto either in real life.

8) I agree some form of handling impairment should be established on a damaged aircraft.

9) Why CAN they kill smaller aircraft? Probably because if they were any lower they'd not even knock out larger ones. i dont use AA alot so I can't confirm what you mean.

10) Yeah i noticed this. Got almost directly hit with an RPG and survived yesterday. Everyone in the server was like "Oh dayumn! Cap' you a'ite?"

11) Its supposed to be dust I assume but it can look odd, yeah.

15) Its possible with alot of anims.

16) You should be able to lock on to the laser des and the bomb will guide there.

18) Its more of a client side thing. Certain would be able to play if shadows were forced on/off. And to answer the question, it isnt possible.

20) i miss the old OFP "crrr-craccck!"

@Last post i agree this is an extreamly annoying bug.

When paradropped, and you land on a tree, you fall the last part to your death.... crazy_o.gif

When paradropped, and you land on a tree, you fall the last part to your death.... crazy_o.gif

I'd put that down as a feature, rather than a bug.

Everytime i try to choose weapons in gear selection in MP briefing I get a arma.exe has crashed message :P

Running no mods in the mission and the briefing.ext file was from bas F mission editing framework. confused_o.gif

can we have any news in regards to when the final patch is to come out? need something to keep us busy until arma2 is out

I keep getting crashes with the new Beta patch.

Quote[/b] ]10) Is harder to kill a man with a rocket launcher than with a pistol! why rocket launcher explosions doesn't kill men when they are close to the explosion? Why there two types of ammo for RPG: PG7V,PG7VR

Could it be the visual explosion is too much? Many types of ammo doesn't 'explode' as ArmA shows it. I.e. APFSDS doesn't explode at all, yet in ArmA it does. Try ACE mod, some of these errors have been improved.

PG7V is single stage HEAT against armored vehicles. PG7VR is tandem HEAT against heavier armor, but not too successfully against modern main battle tanks. In ArmA though, 'everyone' uses PG7V since it is the default ammo and PG7VR is so difficult to aim with. ACE again, does a much better job portraying these. There exist even more ammo for it, including thermobaric rounds and fragmentation rounds.

Same goes for M136, it also comes in different warheads, but isn't modelled in default ArmA. Check out, you guessed it, ACE wink_o.gif

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG-7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M136

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but ai can be stuck anywhere/stop responding to orders.And it is very frustrating they don't follow "hold fire" order!These bugs should absolutely be corrected.

What's the problem, exactly? Is your problem that you don't hang from the tree and break your neck, or what?

Just tested the beta 1.15 feature "steer more left/steer more right" where the vehicle dont autocenter the steeringwheele.

I first got to say wooho as this is something we wanted for so long, but i also have to say that it is too sensitive right now. I think it needs to be thicker or less responsive. It is easier (to me) to steer with the good old auto center as it is now.

Awesome though as this should mean ARMA2 will skip the auto centering. smile_o.gif It just need some more tweaking.

EDIT: The steering needs to be done as in race sims. For example Live For Speed where the steering is thicker/slower the closer to the center you get. Slow around the center (not sensitive) and then more and more sensitive in the outer regions. This way its easy to maintain the middle without going left and right spasmically (is that even a word?). lol.

Alex