Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA feedback thread - based on Beta Patch 1.15

Sorry for this stupid question :

How to install patch 1.15 beta on a linux server ?

I tried to find a way to create a game logic group without results.

When I tested the createGroup command :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_grp = createGroup west; player globalChat str [_grp];

_grp2 = createGroup logic; player globalChat str [_grp2];

gives

[WEST 1-1-B]

[0x2000]

GGL is a game logic placed in mission.sqm

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

player globalChat str [group GGL];

_gl = "logic" createUnit [[0, 0], group GGL]; player globalChat str [group _gl];

gives

[LOGIC 1-1-A]

[0x2000]

Is it possible to make the createGroup command create a LOGIC group as it does for west in the final patch ?

I need it to create local game logics to all players and set waypoints for these game logics (to use addWaypoint command I need a group for game logics).

@ Jan. 10 2009,13:26)]Sorry for this stupid question :

How to install patch 1.15 beta on a linux server ?

You need to wait that BIS publishes a new version of the Linux server.

I found a cosmetic bug in relation to squad.xml files, I'm not sure if this was introduced in 1.15 or existed long before then, but this is the first I've seen of it.

Explanation:

I use the -profiles=Profiles tag on my ArmA shortcut, in order to store all the player data in the ArmA folder rather than my documents. All squad logos (others and your own) are also being moved to "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\profiles\squads"

The problem is, even with the profile param, ArmA is still searching for the squad *.paa files in the user's local directories (in Vista's case; C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\Local\ArmA\squads), causing no squad logos to be visible on your client. What lead me to this is others reporting they could see my squad logo fine, while I myself couldn't see it.

Removing -profile from the shortcut instantly fixed the problem.

Request for next patch or at least ArmA2 if locked files is still a "problem" there: When you export your mission as a multiplayer mission, in some rare cases the original mission.pbo was locked either by the system or ArmA itself. But you are given no clues that the file was not written to.

Would it be possible to give an error warning in the editor when this happens? I guess it is as easy as getting the timestamp on the file and checking it against the updated timestamp when writing is complete.

I don't mind shutting down ArmA and restarting the very few times it happens. It is a lot more painful to bughunt your last edit for half an hour just to find out you're not testing the latest version biggrin_o.gif

in some rare cases the original mission.pbo was locked either by the system or ArmA itself

The file becomes locked after being voted in or selected in the Multiplayer lobby (even if it isn't played), if the mission hasn't been opened yet the .pbo will not be locked. It's a bit annoying but I've gotten used to it.

An easy workaround is to give the mission a different name when exporting. (A different version number perhaps.) This method also allows you to roll back (extracting the .pbo) to earlier versions of the mission incase you accidentally delete something important, which has saved me many many times. The downside being the MPMissions folder getting a bit messy until you get around to deleting the older ones. Renaming the actual mission file (in the editor, before exporting) is also an option, but any scripts, description.ext, briefing etc. don't get copied along, so I usually stick to the one mission file.

- can you still see the issue with OS RAM limit set to 4096?

- what is the amount of VRAM in your 4870X2?

4096 works ( hooray! ) but reverting back to the maximum amount of memory still gives a black screen + loading cursor.

The 4870X2 is 2GB.

I am sorry for the problems.

I have installed 8 GB + ATI card now in my computer and I have fixed one more 32b bit overflow. The games runs fine now, the fix will be available once we deploy a new patch (I do not know when it will be, and I do not know yet if you will have to wait for a final version or if we will release another beta).

Thanks again for your testing and reporting.

Thats great Suma.......the more you fix these new BIG video card errors........the better my OLD video card gets.

1.15beta has helped me a lot!

What about patching gear system?Now it's very hard to get "gear" to show up for ammoboxes and almost impossible for stuff on the ground.

What about patching gear system?Now it's very hard to get "gear" to show up for ammoboxes and almost impossible for stuff on the ground.

@hamis

Try playing in 1st person, its no problem then.

Yes it is,at least for the stuff on the ground.

I have this crash sporatically when playing ARMA 1.15 beta:

=======================================================

Date: 01/19/09 Time: 21:02:04

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0045AC5E

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280, Driver:nvd3dum.dll 7.15.11.8120

resolution: 1920x1200x32

Mods: CA;beta;dbe1;@ACE;@ACE-Islands;@opx

Distribution: 1293

Version 1.15.5268

Fault address: 0045AC5E 01:00059C5E C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

file: ace_co44_op_perfect_utopia_tg (__CUR_MP)

world: ACE_Island_Gaia

Prev. code bytes: 64 0E A1 00 81 C1 28 02 00 00 57 E8 E7 D9 3B 00

Fault code bytes: FF 76 74 8B 06 8B CE FF 50 3C 0F B7 C0 50 8B 06

Registers:

EAX:09679EC0 EBX:0000A030

ECX:09679EC0 EDX:00000004

ESI:00000000 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:0023:0045AC5E

SS:ESP:002B:4516F5A0 EBP:4516F5B4

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\ArmA\arma.mdmp

I'm running Vista x64 with 6GB of memory and a GFX 280. This particular crash happened while playing MP, but I believe that I've had crashes playing SP with no mods. Any chance this is a 32bit overflow?

Quote[/b] ]world: ACE_Island_Gaia

I had a lot of CTDs until I RTFM and played with high terrain detail (I think). Haven't had a crash since. Affects most (all?) the ACE islands.

@bhaz: I keep my "rollbacks" in non pbo'ed versions other places on my system, as well as a pbo'ed backup on the server. Should have mentioned that this is dedicated server only. Getting locked files are extremely rare, probably only happened three or four times during about several thousand saves. Voting and selecting does not keep the file locked, at least not usually when dedi server has been shut down and I go back into the editor to export a new multiplayer version.

A little positive feedback on the patch: I haven't yet been kicked out of my motorcycle.

@Q, @CarlGustaffa

Hmm, I'm playing maxed out terrain details along with everything else, so I'm not sure if that's it.

I should mention that this same crash happens on Sara and SaraLite also.

I'd just like to echo a call for a way of using the 1.08 FOV in 1.15. I've tried the patch but the FOV really makes my head hurt and makes playing the game difficult. Feels like the view is about 3 ft in front of my head.

With the 1.15 beta i get really high temps from my GFX cards and have never seen them go so high even with heavy benchmarking.

they are fine with 1.14 but the 1.15 beta nearly melts them.

I run 2 3870x2 in CF on vista 64 with 4GB of memory.

Does anybody else see this issue ?

Hi i have one suggestion for developers. You could put two new weapons for east to give better balance, AK-74 or AK-103 (or any 7.62 AK or AN), and some LMG, because west M249 makes carnage, especially in warfare.

Hi, what will add balance, will be a Kobra sighted AKS74 and an APS

instead a Makarov; also, add the ArmA 2 sounds to the A-10 and

other vehicles will be perfect; will make us to keep playing this

game and who knows if it'll atract a few more before the release. Let's C ya

Hello,

I was pleased to hear this patch solved the black screen on startup, however for me it has not.

I start from the shortcut in the main game dir, black screen with vista mouse loading cursor, and nothing else.

4870X2

i7 920

6gig DDR3 Triplechannel

Vista Ultimate 64bit

Please help! I just got my TrackIR and I'm dying to use it in ArmA, and I'm dying to play ArmA on my new PC!

Hello,

I was pleased to hear this patch solved the black screen on startup, however for me it has not.

I start from the shortcut in the main game dir, black screen with vista mouse loading cursor, and nothing else.

4870X2

i7 920

6gig DDR3 Triplechannel

Vista Ultimate 64bit

Please help! I just got my TrackIR and I'm dying to use it in ArmA, and I'm dying to play ArmA on my new PC!

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=68;t=77086

Run in a window (no Cf...) or limit RAM/ maxmem to 3g. The 4870x2s need a fix, Suma has found it, have to wait...

add the ArmA 2 sounds to the A-10 and

other vehicles will be perfect; will make us to keep playing this

game and who knows if it'll atract a few more before the release. Let's C ya

I agree but I doubt it would be possible because the sound engines are different. I don't think you could have the sound of the A10 be different behind than in front, for instance, and I don't think they could add so many independent sound to a vehicle. I guess they would have to 'average out' the sounds for a vehicle and mush them in to one or two different sounds.

Hi,

Patch is great. I cant wait for alpha.

I have Vista x64 and 4GB of memory and have no problems. Even 1.08 was working fine.

As far as it goes for auto-centering mouse, I like it. If I dont want to have it I just double tap "free-look".

Great work BIS ArmA is strong now, after ArmA II comes out make us able to reload in movement smile_o.gif .

Cheers