Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDF Mod 1.0 for ArmA

Very nice mod! The only thing that I don't like is the way that it forces you to use FDF sounds (no other sound mods are possible). If you remove .pbos FDF units lose all sounds as well (only one central config file).

FDF is back ! smile_o.gif Thanks a lot for your work !

The only bad thing I have to say is that I would appreciate if you should put english (or better, french smile_o.gif) subtitles during cutscenes...

I have English subtitles during cut scenes. That's odd you don't have em.

The only bad thing I have to say is that I would appreciate if you should put english (or better, french smile_o.gif) subtitles during cutscenes...

There certainly are English subtitles. Are you using French language version of Armed Assault and could you verify that other French version users have the same problem?

I think the problem may lie in campaign's Stringtable.cvs but I need info on other non-English ArmA version users so a fix could be released.

Are you using French language version of Armed Assault and could you verify that other French version users have the same problem?

Yes sir, I have the french version.

Edit:

I looked into one of your stringtable.csv. Here is what I see:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">LANGUAGE,"English","Czech","German","Polish","Russian","French","Spanish","Italian"

I always used this format in my personnal missions (and it always worked)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">LANGUAGE,english

(only one language and no "")

It's strange because BI uses your format in the official campaigns and it works without any problem.

^^ I had to reactivate subtitles form the difficulty options first.

Just finnished the 1st campaign mission, very nice! .. and funny too biggrin_o.gif

Would´ve loved to play it on the excellent podaga island, but maybe the forces will get moved during the campaign *x-fingers*

I have Polish version of ArmA and I don't have any subtitles in Campaign. At the beginning I thought that it is just a oversight by the mission-maker but it seems that it is just a bug.

In that joint operations with the americans mission (I think the 4th one?) I've found that when you're in the truck taking the weapons, if you juggle the weapons around too much, ammo for them starts to dissappear.

Well done gentlemen !

I look foward to further releases.

notworthy.gif

Are you using French language version of Armed Assault and could you verify that other French version users have the same problem?

Yes sir, I have the french version.

Edit:

I looked into one of your stringtable.csv. Here is what I see:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">LANGUAGE,"English","Czech","German","Polish","Russian","French","Spanish","Italian"

I always used this format in my personnal missions (and it always worked)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">LANGUAGE,english

(only one language and no "")

It's strange because BI uses your format in the official campaigns and it works without any problem.

So the stringtable has rows for each language but only the English row contains strings? That must be the problem. Removing empty rows should make the other language versions show English subtitles.

Good to have another great mod released. Especially with a new island biggrin_o.gif

In that joint operations with the americans mission (I think the 4th one?)  I've found that when you're in the truck taking the weapons, if you juggle the weapons around too much, ammo for them starts to dissappear.

Same here, the third mission it is. Ammo doesn´t disappear but gets thrown outside of the cars cargo, prbly because it normally doesnt hold that much stuff unless you force it via initialization.

<s>Im also kind of stuck in that mission. Just cleared the 3 factory buildings one by one, and the rest of the area seems to be clear too. Do i have to hunt down any enemy that might be hiding somewhere in masbete?</s>

edit: found him biggrin_o.gif

There certainly are English subtitles. Are you using French language version of Armed Assault and could you verify that other French version users have the same problem?

I think the problem may lie in campaign's Stringtable.cvs but I need info on other non-English ArmA version users so a fix could be released.

I've got the french version too and have no subtitles neither. I will try to reactivate the subtitles from the options menu next time and post here if it worked for me.

But even without subtitles your work is amazing, the campaign is excellent (I made through 6 missions in a row and found them excellent), and reading the other posts I realize I forgot to have my eyes over it !

spanish version no subtitles either huh.gif

Set your language to English in the options (needs a restart after that), that might to the trick for now  thumbs-up.gif .

Thank you FDF team !

I haven't touched ArmA for ages. This is the thing that it needed.

This brings me lot's of memories from original OFP anf FDF mod. Playiing with Finnish platoon guys was great fun.

btw. Mikkokin vielä porskuttaa. biggrin_o.gif

There's FDF campaign fix non-english ArmA available at fdfmod.org - (direct link).

Extract it to "YourArmaDir\FDFmod\Campaigns\" and overwrite existing fdf.pbo. Use latest

winrar if file is claimed "corrupted".

if you don't want to download the file you may also try to...

1) enable English language from options

2) enable subtitling from options

Hopefully this fixes the problem.

Very much a beautiful and realistic island chain.

Top marks for that amazing work thumbs-up.gif

As others have suggested, best Island for ArmA !

Just a shame my 8800GTS card seems to crack up after 20 mins or so.

BTW, the ILS for the airfield doesn't work too well.

After playing 8 missions from the campaign. I can say that Great Work! Sure it has the normal ArmA-stupid-AI problems sometimes.

But that's ArmA. It has been fun to play the campaign so far. Sure is hard enough. Good voice acting and good story.

Podaga island is beautiful. Looks very realistic place.

...multiplayer fdf_big_bother  rofl.gif

edit... i think i cook my food on my 8800GT today. It gets a bit HOT at Podaga.

Too bad... Does the FDF Mod only works correctly with Queens Gambit??

Yes.... very very sad in my opinion..... not to many People bought Queens Gambit as we all know, so this cuts-off a very big amount of possible players for this mod....

Anyway, good job FDF Team even if i can't try it on my own sad_o.gifsad_o.gifconfused_o.gifconfused_o.gif

no.. the ISLAND only works correctly with queens gambit...

the rest of the stuff works perfectly fine without... dont play the campaign though as it contains QG stuff..

Quote[/b] ]no.. the ISLAND only works correctly with queens gambit...

Well i get some error messages at game start without QG and when i try to load the island i get a CTD.

So i think it's made for Queens Gambit

The island works fine here on its own without QG  confused_o.gif

You sure you've got the 'Obj' pbo's in there too?

Quote[/b] ]no.. the ISLAND only works correctly with queens gambit...

Well i get some error messages at game start without QG and when i try to load the island i get a CTD.

So i think it's made for Queens Gambit

thats what i said... the island only works WITH queens gambit...

the soldiers and whatnot doesnt require queens gambit...

Thanks a lot for this mod, FDF is what I have been waiting for. I just reinstalled ArmA and played some hours.

Thanks! thumbs-up.gif