Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDF Mod 1.0 for ArmA

Thank you everyone who worked to get this FDF Mod for ArmA done to this level.

Your work is very much appreciated.

A note to those talking about Queens Gambit. I don't have it yet. I did some small test missions on the new island. I got some error messages, and I guess I was lucky that the game didn't crash. I got to play on the island actually quite a lot without any problems. But when I was flying above the island on a jet, I eventually got a Crash To Desktop. I don't know if it was because of some object was missing but I guess that might very well be the reason. I did not try the campaign yet.

Bohemia Interactive will get money soon from me because I will go and buy Queens Gambit. The price for it seems to be 14.95 euros here at a store near me. BIS will need to realize that they are selling Queens Gambit to me now because of this FDF Mod. There was not any sign of me buying Queens Gambit before this, but now that the FDF Mod for ArmA requires it, I will have to buy it. In this case it is very true that the mod makers, such as the FDF Mod team, create income for BIS.

QG: 10 Euro.  band.gif

It's not about the money....

I simply don't like QG i own QG but i installed it only once and after seeing what it contains i deinstalled and since then NEVER installed it again.

To me QG is a waste of Disc Space!! Not more and not less.

It's not about the money....

I simply don't like QG i own QG but i installed it only once and after seeing what it contains i deinstalled and since then NEVER installed it again.

To me QG is a waste of Disc Space!! Not more and not less.

I just ordered Queens gambit eur 4.50 from Play.com. FDFmod was the only reason to buy this addon. sad_o.gif

Play.com

Thanks for the perfect christmas gift, Finnish brothers!  smile_o.gif

Pretty sad story with QG, but wth. I only use it when i must - like playing FDF Campaign w/o having to hack it biggrin_o.gif

But all in all i share SNKMAN´s opinion.

edit: Are there any updates for the "Kriegskatze" ?

Bohemia Interactive will get money soon from me because I will go and buy Queens Gambit. The price for it seems to be 14.95 euros here at a store near me. BIS will need to realize that they are selling Queens Gambit to me now because of this FDF Mod. There was not any sign of me buying Queens Gambit before this, but now that the FDF Mod for ArmA requires it, I will have to buy it. In this case it is very true that the mod makers, such as the FDF Mod team, create income for BIS.

You could also go the hard way and unpbo the campaign, then change any QG units in teh mission.sqm´s to vanilla ArmA or User-Addons.

For Podaga island a certain "QG Fix" might work like it did for Opteryx Sakakah island, replacing QG .p3d´s with dummy objects, but im not sure if the logmill is included.

This is my personal opinion here:

My saying, who still thinks he must 'boycot' BIS by not buying QG is boycotting himself.

This "can we have a QG free version" in every thread is laughable. Why an addonmaker or a Mod team should spend additional time in removing QG stuff just because of a few "boycotters"?

If one doesn't want to buy QG he has to live with the consequences. It's as easy as that.

I couldn't agree more Wolle. You simply must have QG to be a serious player of the game.

Just imagine having played Flashpoint without the expansions, it would be unthinkable.

Now, I got to give you FDF mod guys props. I remember the Flashpoint mod was the first good mod out and I have to say that even though I didn't really stick with you guys, I did think you were the best out there.

Nice to see you back.

as i said on the FDF chat.... This mod alone makes it worth the money i have spent on ArmA, from the start i was dissapointed at arma and thought it was lost money, despite that i bought QG hopeing it would improve something.. but this mod has made me change my mind, cant wait for the next release!

Well, my team uses downloaded QG, since incompetent publisher didn't even put it to shelves in Slovenia (we're less than 300km away from Praha/Prague) wink_o.gif

I wasn't going to bring this up, but since Wolle's post:

For the sake of a few buildings, Queen's Gambit is not worth buying. I own Queen's Gambit and can quite easily provide proof, it's great for single player. However, it's not really fair to expect a whole unit (this island would be awesome for joint ops - expect 3 or 4 clans to all buy a tiny expansion so they can play?) to go and buy it just so they can play one island that uses an object here and there.

So those of us without QG are going to put up with the odd error message here and there.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's still the best island to date regardless.  wink_o.gif

EDIT Short Summary

Queens Gambit:

Great for single player orientated addons, missions, campaigns, small squads...

Awful for maps, multiplayer orientated missions and anything involving a large number of people.

Seeing as most maps that use QG only seem to use the odd building or feature, surely it wouldn't be a lot of trouble to create a second "accessible" version.

this island is fantastic, FDF mod team - have you got my PM ?

Daniel @ Dec. 21 2008,21:14)]I wasn't going to bring this up, but since Wolle's post:

For the sake of a few buildings, Queen's Gambit is not worth buying. I own Queen's Gambit and can quite easily provide proof, it's great for single player. However, it's not really fair to expect a whole unit (this island would be awesome for joint ops - expect 3 or 4 clans to all buy a tiny expansion so they can play?) to go and buy it just so they can play one island that uses an object here and there.

That is your opinion and I respect that of course. It's not that I force anyone to purchase something he doesn't think it's worth it.

But: Then the people who don't think QG is not worth purchasing it should stop complaining about the fact that QG is needed for certain Mods or Missions and live with the fact they can't use it rather than demanding a special version just for them.

QG offered some nice material and starting point especially for the campaign and being the only official expansion for ArmA and it's a purchase I never regretted and was very much worth it's low price tag.

Maybe not being as big expansion as OFP:Resistance used to be but good enough and if you like ArmA I don't see why one would not put few euros for it...

Quote[/b] ]That is your opinion and I respect that of course. It's not that I force anyone to purchase something he doesn't think it's worth it.

But: Then the people who don't think QG is not worth purchasing it should stop complaining about the fact that QG is needed for certain Mods or Missions and live with the fact they can't use it rather than demanding a special version just for them.

Perhaps as a mod you should be a little more flexible Wolle. Nothing's being demanded. Only politely requested.

I also stated, I feel very fairly, why I feel an simple second version would be justified and would reach a larger audience.

Daniel @ Dec. 22 2008,15:19)]
Quote[/b] ]That is your opinion and I respect that of course. It's not that I force anyone to purchase something he doesn't think it's worth it.

Perhaps as a mod you should be a little more flexible Wolle. Nothing's being demanded. Only politely requested.

I also stated, I feel very fairly, why I feel an simple second version would be justified and would reach a larger audience.

i agree Queens gambit could have came with more content to make it wrth it..... but maybee if a few more people bought Queens gambit then BIS would have been encouraged to add more releases for Arma1 instead of tossing it to make a whole new Game Arma2.....and uss modders would nto have to make everything.....

****BACK ON TOPIC*****

Great work FDF team!

Thanks for the stringtable.csv fix smile_o.gif. Now subtitles work properly.

And thanks again for your work. The FDF campaign was one of the best on OFP. And after playing a few missions, I can say that it's probably one of the best on ArmA.

thumbs-up.gif

You could also go the hard way and unpbo the campaign, then change any QG units in teh mission.sqm´s to vanilla ArmA or User-Addons.

For Podaga island a certain "QG Fix" might work like it did for Opteryx Sakakah island, replacing QG .p3d´s with dummy objects, but im not sure if the logmill is included.

I was aware that I could hack it to remove the Queen's Gambit requirement, but there is no need to do that.

Just to make sure it is clear, my earlier post was not negative about the requirement of Queen's Gambit.

I am happy to buy it, I just did not have a reason to buy it until now. I have had a really long break without having even ArmA installed on my computer. I was waiting for the FDF Mod or for a better computer, depends which one arrives first... and I wasn't really in a rush to get FDF Mod (or the computer actually), I could wait for months more and still be happy when it comes.

Please, discuss FDF here and not QG. If you think QG is waste of your HD, don't install it and don't install FDF, as FDF requires it to work (is it still waste then?). If this is now good or bad or whatever is not interesting for this thread.

I'm having a problem with mission 06.(First mission as resistance.) I'm getting a CTD every time I load a save. I started the mission over and it still happens.

Does any one else have this problem?

the lights on the side of the airport runway don't turn on by night , is this an Arma bug? other than that the island is a masterpiece

Everything works great, island is superb with many farms full of details, noticed just three bugs:

- two rubble mounds on N of "airport" island (burned village) shines white when seen from airplane

- mod enforces Finnish voice by default (you have to remove FDF_voice.pbo to revert to English)

- Patria APC suspension is way too soft, sometimes bounces on island of Podaga, example:

patria_driver.jpg

p.s. AI was driving so that might be 1.14 bug wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- mod enforces Finnish voice by default (you have to remove FDF_voice.pbo to revert to English)

Known issue listed in the readme. Without setting an identity to characters it randomly puts mixed or english speakers to characters. It looks like to be a ArmA limitation. There is no way that I know of that would fix this issue, sadly. Unlike in OFP in ArmA it seems impossible to put certain voices for certain sides.

Only way to avoid this is to use CfgIdentities in description.ext in missions, like most mission makers do I think.

This Mod makes me feel happy, and that a nice feeling for a Bear smile_o.gif

The campaign makes me feel younger, as on the FDF Mod for OFP times, and that a great feeling for an Old Bear biggrin_o.gif