Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDF Mod 1.0 for ArmA

I love it! Fantastic work!

At the moment I'm only using the new island and the updated soundmod, but that alone is simply amazing!

Great job done FDF Team!

Thank you so much and I wish you all very nice christmas days.

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

I think CSLA and FDF should work together just fine.

I haven't had a chance to play yet (although I can't wait), but has anyone tried to use cSLA and FDF together?  just curious how compatible they might be.

Also curious if any of the ACE guys are messing with FDF to see if that's compatible as well.

(when I say combpatible, i don't mean, FDF incoprorates all the wonderful things ACE does, just that it loads and everything works without CTD or other oddities.)  I don't expect either mod to go through and make themselves seamlessly compatible.

yeap, works fine!

or atleast, i havnt noticed any strange behaviour this far....

Found it it is the FFN AI that is not compatible. The FDF mod uses custom classes. And the FDF ammo box won't work at all with AI enchantments enabled.

So hand grenades and ammo box. Otherwise works like a dream.

Apperntly the pyshcial content is crashing our server so could someone tell me what pbo's i need to update the sound mod, I tryed comparing them with the previous release but it got me a bit confused.

Ill try to get the lads from the clan to see if they can find out what pbo is causeing the crash.

Note: I still don't have Queen's Gambit but I think that likely has nothing to do with these errors.

My arma.RPT file contains stuff like this after playing with some FDF Mod units in the editor and in Sahrani:

Quote[/b] ]SetFace error: class CfgFaces.FDF_faces.Face36 not found

fdfmod\fdf_voice\aapo\that.wss: sSize 0

Cannot load sound 'fdfmod\fdf_voice\aapo\that.wss'

fdfmod\fdf_voice\aapo\at.wss: sSize 0

Cannot load sound 'fdfmod\fdf_voice\aapo\at.wss'

SetFace error: class CfgFaces.FDF_faces.Face36 not found

Cannot load sound 'fdfmod\fdf_voice\aapo\that.wss'

VB Lock failed, E_OUTOFMEMORY; VID: alloc 56974632, limit 2147483647, free: local 40598528, nonlocal 25681919, virt. 620527616, virt longest 122880

Vertex buffer not allocated

VB Lock failed, E_OUTOFMEMORY; VID: alloc 57036292, limit 2147483647, free: local 40536832, nonlocal 25681919, virt. 620527616, virt longest 122880

File read error: FDFmod\addons\fdf_men.pbo,3e6

Error 3e6 reading file 'FDFmod\addons\fdf_men.pbo'

ErrorMessage: There’s a problem with the disc you’re using. It may be dirty or damaged.

Error 3e6 reading file 'FDFmod\addons\fdf_men.pbo'

<snip>

Conflicting addon CAVoice in 'ca\voice\', previous definition in 'FDFmod\FDF_voice\'

<snip>

Cannot load sound 'fdfmod\fdf_voice\rami\beep.wss'

amvSkeleton: Invalid parent bone 'ukaz_rpm' for ''

It's not the full file, I just copy&pasted what can be relevant.

I only started ArmA with the FDF Mod, no other un-official addons were used.

I copied the CfgIdentities from the description.ext of the FDF Mod campaign into my own mission's description.ext and used some of those identities in the mission. Running that mission results in the error messages.

Are there sound files in wrong folders in the FDF_voice.pbo? For example at.wss is in FDF_voice\aapo\clockfacing and for the other voice persons it is in the same folder. But ArmA tries to read it one step down in the directory tree like the error messages are saying.

The beep.wss is directly in FDF_voice but according to the error message ArmA tries to find it from the voice person's subfolder.

Now that I am writing this message, I realized I am not sure if there were any sounds file played when those were requested or did the game just not play any file when it couldn't find it according to the arma.RPT. I'm guessing it might have used a default sound but I don't know.

I don't know what is up with the "File read error: FDFmod\addons\fdf_men.pbo,3e6" message. Maybe just a temporary system overload caused this. I'll keep an eye on it if it comes again, and I'll check if the file is still original (I did not modify it).

There are also quite many "Error: Failed to create surface texture" messages in there but I think those are not FDF Mod related.

ArmA version 1.14.5256. Computer is AMD Sempron 2600+ (1.8 GHz) , 2 GB RAM and nvidia 6600 GT with 128 MB VRAM, on 8x AGP. WinXP 32-bit.

"at" and "that" are removed from finnish voices because they dont fit into way finnish is spoken in arma. Having them missing from FDF_voice.pbo causes no harm even if there's this report of file missing.

EDIT: If you are having trouble with ArmA + FDF try the new ArmA v1.15 Public Beta Patch.

"at" and "that" are removed from finnish voices because they dont fit into way finnish is spoken in arma. Having them missing from FDF_voice.pbo causes no harm even if there's this report of file missing.

EDIT: If you are having trouble with ArmA + FDF try the new ArmA v1.15 Public Beta Patch.

Well shiver me timbers. Thanks for showing that blake! I completely missed it but I knew they were gonna surprise us with this in the next few days. Just a hunch.

After playing through the first 8 mission in the campaign I just want to say this is by far the most fun I've ever had with ArmA. It's a damn difficult campaign at times but that's the way I love it. I never like the easy route for anything. A challenge is good for the soul. Thanks you guys. Seriously, this is the best mission/campaign for ArmA yet. Merry Xmas my friends.

OK Blake, that makes sense. Thank You for the reply.

Impressive showing.

I have to say that I've found myself far less "into" Arma than OFP simply because, for whatever reason, Arma has an incredible lack of SP campaigns. At this point in OFP's history there were dozens of user made campaigns, many of them quite good. Arma only has a handful.

However, when I saw that Arma FDFMod had been released, I was immediately pulled away from Il-2 and back into Arma. The FDF campaign in OFP was one of my all time favorites, so I had high expectations for the new one.

The mod is top notch. Easily one of the best showings in Arma yet. The units are great--some of the best in Arma. I miss a few things from OFP FDFMod, but I'm sure they'll arrive eventually.

That said, I have two minor criticisms of the campaign so far.

1: Some of the missions are very hard. That's fine, but the player is handicapped without binoculars. The downed chopper mission, for example, was much harder than it needed to be simply because there were no binocs and you couldn't scout the valley until you were in it, which more or less lead to me fighting blind and having my entire squad ambushed 50 times. It would be nice to have binocs in all missions because squad leadership is handicapped without the ability to do recon.

2: The fertilizer plant mission could be improved by having fewer enemies inside the buildings. OFP and Arma have never really been great at CQB, and the fact that some of the enemies are deep within buildings or on upper floors basically means that the AI squad is useless for killing them.

Other than those two minor criticisms, I've been enjoying it a lot. I've just reached the mission in which Honka... changes his wardrobe. I'm looking forward to getting further in the coming days.

I also hope it explains what happened after Honka's bike ride on East Border. tounge2.gif

2: The fertilizer plant mission could be improved by having fewer enemies inside the buildings. OFP and Arma have never really been great at CQB, and the fact that some of the enemies are deep within buildings or on upper floors basically means that the AI squad is useless for killing them.

I actually liked the enemies inside buildings. The ai killed all but one or two at the upper floor of one of the houses, they cleaned second house completely and part of the third house. I was quick enough to get rid of the enemies in the upper floor on the third house. And besides, room cleaning is always fun and that's the reason it shouldn't be left to ai tounge2.gif

SBP Team had fun with Podaga island in a MP coop campaign Operation Lutra.

12 shots can be found here:

http://www.vojak.si/media/thumbnails.php?album=41

p.s. patria performs well, maybe a bit to slow compared to Stryker. And please fix the bridge's southern edge because we managed to stuck one patria over it, and roll over another one (already posted a screenshot in this topic).

Quote[/b] ]Can you post the FDF Icon? so I can download it and put it at the shortcut? It would remind me of the old good days..

I second that request.  smile_o.gif

Nice mod! Hopefully we'll see more of this. Keep up the good work guys!

OOps and happy new year!

Hi Smartti,

The link didn't work.  huh.gif  Is there another link?

It works here.

hi

just a suggestion it may be hard to do or not but :

could it be possible to remove the queens gambit dependancy? whistle.gifhelp.gif

Quote[/b] ]It works here.

I used Firefox and it worked. IE didn't work, go figure. Thanks!

hi

just a suggestion it may be hard to do or not but :

could it be possible to remove the queens gambit dependancy? whistle.gif  help.gif

Check earlier pages in this thread. I believe someone asked this and it was addressed. Just do a print this topic search it should do the trick.

I had the same problem last night with "saved" game in mission "FDF06 - Brothers in Arms" and got ArmA crash each time (2x) I want to load a saved game.

I had also same problem in same mission. It was really annoying. I had to complete mission without saving. I had same problem in next mission also, but not everytime. Bug was in both Arma 1.14 and 1.15 beta.

Computer is Siemens industrial pc: E6600 with 8600GT installed, 2Gb ram and windows XP. Arma doesn't have any other mods or addons.

Some of the FDF campaign missions are infuriating, as you get right to the end, after many cutscenes and well won battles only to die stupidly (fall off a building) and then suddenly the mission ends saying failed and you lose all your progress ... so you have to go through 2 hours of play time again!!!!

So maybe chaps ... have more retry points, and a mission failed cutscene instead of a real mission end debrief, so you can always load and retry in the cutscene.

Loved the original, loving this.

Will we see a fix to the grenade bug at all, or am I going to need to ditch my mod folder? huh.gif

Really like the mod so far!

Only downside is that ArmA's lack of AI capable of handling urban combat can be noticed clearly. The mission where you raid the factory was a pain to play through because my soldiers kept dying for stupid reasons. But it's not FDF's fault. smile_o.gif