Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDF Mod 1.0 for ArmA

One more notice. Finnish hand grenades are not usable if Ai mods are used. They show up in the inventory ok, but cannot be selected or thrown.

No other addons so far have this. Perhaps it is the way they are configured?

One more notice. Finnish hand grenades are not usable if Ai mods are used. They show up in the inventory ok, but cannot be selected or thrown.

No other addons so far have this. Perhaps it is the way they are configured?

it is because game and AI mods are defining "throw" ability of AI

if you have custom model grenades (like for example my infantry has F1) than Arma AI cannot use it without special weapon throw add, because it is not specified in magazines for "throw"

i know it can sound silly, so to enlight:

if AI throw grenade than it uses "throw" weapon, this is "weapon" defined by BIS and uses BIS grenades as magazines

if you make other grenade, than you must define other "throw" weapon

if AI mod redefines/changes "throw" < it uses BIS magazine (BIS classes for grenades) and no custom made grenade will be thrown by AI smile_o.gif

Well it is not just AI soldiers. As a player you cannot throw them either. They still show up in the gear ok. You can pick them up and drop etc.

Your WW2 infantry can use addon grenades as can OFrP infantry (they both have custom grenades).

EDIT: Have to check this. The easiest way might be just to change FDF hand grenade class definitions.

I noticed only one little bug, I don't know if the report may be usefull or not: there is no voice when you ask your group to form Delta formation.

Well it is not just AI soldiers. As a player you cannot throw them either. They still show up in the gear ok. You can pick them up and drop etc.

Your WW2 infantry can use addon grenades as can OFrP infantry (they both have custom grenades).

EDIT: Have to check this. The easiest way might be just to change FDF hand grenade class definitions.

Yup I have noticed the same thing. I haven't had time to remove the AddOns/Mods I use to figure out which one causes the problem though.

I just tried it and I'm very impressed (not that I wasn't expecting to be so) with the units. I dont have QG so unable to try the island and campaign (though going by FDF OFP I have no doubt they are also awesome), but the units are great, as are the sounds.

Check the island anyway HotShot. It's one of the few worth persisting with the odd error message.

Thank you FDF for restoring my faith in playing missions in Arma, your new campaign is simply put awesome, just like it was for OFP once.   notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Known issue listed in the readme. Without setting an identity to characters it randomly puts mixed or english speakers to characters. It looks like to be a ArmA limitation. There is no way that I know of that would fix this issue, sadly. Unlike in OFP in ArmA it seems impossible to put certain voices for certain sides.

There is a way!Download this voice mod and take a look.Then just remake your config.@RA wink_o.gif

Thanks! It seems there is a way after all, we'll certainly give it a go when patch is done in the future smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thanks! It seems there is a way after all, we'll certainly give it a go when patch is done in the future

Tulta muniloil! xmas_o.gif

I just tried the mission 06 of the campaign again with just vanilla arma and FDF and I still get the CTD when loading a save. Has anyone else reached this point and tried to load? Did you get the CTD as well or is it just me?

I'm not sure if I should put this in the King's Gamble thread in missions since it wasn't opened by an FDF member. Let me know if I should put further inquiries there.

Put the news up over at www.tangodown.nl and spread the word.

And yeah, the best mod for OFP is back pistols.gif Used to play FDF a lot back then.

If the campaign is as high quality as the first campaign for OFP, it will be like that again.

Downloading now finally, after not having enough time to do so before.

I had the same problem last night with "saved" game in mission "FDF06 - Brothers in Arms" and got ArmA crash each time (2x) I want to load a saved game.

Quite strange since there should not be any special 'gimmicks' in mission 6. You could do me a favor by doing the following steps:

(this way in XP, pretty similiar in Vista)

1. Go to your "Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA" folder.

2. Delete "arma.RPT" file.

3. Start ArmA+FDF

4. Load you Mission 6 savegame

5. After CTD get back to ""Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA"

6. Post arma.RPT file found there somewhere I can view it or send to gblake2(at)suomi24.fi.

That's what i get on arma.rpt when i try to play the campaign (games get frozen)

===FROZEN====>>>>>>BEG

Version 1.14.5256

Fault address: 7C91E4F4 01:0000D4F4 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll

Prev. code bytes: 5D C3 8D A4 24 00 00 00 00 8D 49 00 8B D4 0F 34

Fault code bytes: C3 8D A4 24 00 00 00 00 8D 64 24 00 8D 54 24 08

Registers:

EAX:00000002 EBX:00094101

ECX:00000A18 EDX:00000000

ESI:0125FA38 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:001B:7C91E4F4

SS:ESP:0023:0125F9D4 EBP:0125FA24

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00000246

===FROZEN====>>>>>>END

No alive in 10000

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Documents and Settings\Txalin\Configuración local\Datos de programa\ArmA\arma.mdmp

My system specs:

amd athlon 3200+

1gb ddr 400 dual channel

nvidia 7800 gtx

win xp

Game lag like hell when i try to play with your island on editor...

I'm eagerly waiting for hopping into the campaign, there's not too much high quality SP content around.

How does the campaign work with AI enhancements such as TrueMod AI tweaks or VFAI?

Will there be any conflict with effects mods like ArmaEffects or JTDSmoke?

I'm eagerly waiting for hopping into the campaign, there's not too much high quality SP content around.

How does the campaign work with AI enhancements such as TrueMod AI tweaks or VFAI?

No conflicting addons except some grenades on some addons that I know of. FDF does not change default ArmA config.

CTD or other bugs that few people seem to relate to hardware and driver issues for some reason.

Txalo thanks for the report, but that does not tell me anything since im not a coder. The first mission of campaign takes place in United Sahrani so if it works fine you by itself it's pretty strage it does not work otherwise. Try loading united sahrani in editor, the exit the editor to main menu and then start the campaign. Load time should be shorter as the island is already loaded in the editor and see if CTD still appears.

Loading any save game on the 6th missions ctds ArmA for me, too sad_o.gif

I think I'm gonna cheat on that one, can't do it without saves whistle.gif

Thank you very much for what i consider the best arma Mod so far.

Great campaign!

Great models!

Great sounds!

You guys should get payed for this!

And to all those moaning about "it needs QG": buy QG, install this mod, it'll cost you 10 € but you'll have a great campaign and a lot of new content for the price of 5 drinks...

This surely deserves at least one of the community awards.

Been playing with the units a bit. Just have one minor complaint: The weapons are not fully compatible with 6thsense.eu tracers. The weapons still use the BIS style 'laser' tracers on top of the 6thsense tracers.

One way to make it compatible is to just have your weapons inherit from matching BIS weapons and then don't define your own tracer colours.

Works great with the other mods I'm running such as my own effects mod though.

I can confirm, to my knowledge, that no AI enhancements conflict at all.(Except the grenade thing) Maybe something will pop up but as of yet no problems occur. The campaign works well with them.

What do I use?  rofl.gif Well, pretty much you name it I use it. TrueMods v2, Six Pack 1 and 2, VFAI, FFN(with XEH replacement), and probably more but I'm to lazy to remember and check. If there's something I didn't mention feel free to post or PM me and I'll see if I use it.

Bottom line, you guys at FDF did one helluva a job with compatibility. I thank you for that. It's such a pain in the ass when people don't worry about whether there stuff will conflict. But I can't blame them cause it's gotta be a painstaking process to figure out what may conflict.

EDIT:

JTD and ArmAEffects work fine as well. At least I haven't seen any problems yet. And as Matt stated, yes it seems I overlooked the "laser" thing with Six Tracers.

I haven't had a chance to play yet (although I can't wait), but has anyone tried to use cSLA and FDF together? just curious how compatible they might be.

Also curious if any of the ACE guys are messing with FDF to see if that's compatible as well.

(when I say combpatible, i don't mean, FDF incoprorates all the wonderful things ACE does, just that it loads and everything works without CTD or other oddities.) I don't expect either mod to go through and make themselves seamlessly compatible.