Sign in to follow this  
Jennik

ARMA 2 In-game HD Video released

I love it!

Like was said before (and answered), the blood particles, parachute and falling animations could have been better for the presentation, but I'm all about this thing. Most of what you have displayed blows the mind! Keep it up!

Vehicles are driving the right side of road now. All together very nice. Beautiful environment.

I dont know answers for all your questions, but russians will speak russian, civiliens will also speak with their own language smile_o.gif

Thats great!

I loved the russian voices in RH (yes, I know, CM thingy...)

Anyway, I said it already in the ArmA 2 pictures thread, but the trailer is stunning smile_o.gif

Keep it going!

btw. What happend to see so many BIS people in one thread? biggrin_o.gif

Very good work so far!

Please try to get ArmA II as bugfree as possible and care about realism!

MfG Lee thumb.gif

+1

Thank you for this trailer, Bohemia!

Please take the time you need to finish this game!!

We really hope that you are not in contract with someone like Jowood...

Nice video.

Personally I was hoping to finally see the new firefight gameplay, which will be the core of the game. But I guess it is not yet ready for the public and will be presented later. Looking forward to that.

Excellent video. And the full HD quality really shows off the graphics smile_o.gif

Anyway I think you guys need get it on www.gametrailers.com

The last trailer got a good response there, this one absolutely needs to be there wink_o.gif

Very good video, and at least something in HD and not filmed of with an digi cam from an monitor. smile_o.gif

It would be nice to know what kind of computer specs they had to make this trailer.

Looking forward to seeing how this looks on next-gen consoles.

As for the head-bobbing, it was my understanding that the human spinal column acts like a giant spring. Also, most simulations don't take into account that whatever the runner is focusing on should remain in the center of the screen while the head does any bobbing, unless he directs his gaze/focus to something else. This will make everything else around the point of focus move with the head-bob.

I saw Codemasters head-bob and it is very robotic and mechanical. It doesn't take into account that the human being is an analog creature.

I liked the two little bits of pollen that were floating in the air.

smile_o.gif we don't have final satelite map under forests, good eye smile_o.gif Also faces have final model, but not final mimics and don't have skinshader, both is wip. Also most of particles are placeholders (waiting for some functions from programmers). Please remember this video is from early alphaversion, there will be still lot of tuning. Falling parshutes dont have animation etc, please be patient, we are busy with all of these things and working on them.

Thank you very much for that answer.

Something that really bothered me in Arma1 was that you couldent hide vehicles in forrests (from helicopters), they were easy to spot. In reality forrests are a natural and sometimes the only place to hide from arial threats.

I hope that in Arma2 the forrests are (almost) impossible to see through from the air and from a distance at ground (both for humans and for ai), they should be very dark.

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif to Bi for all their hard work.

Bug Report biggrin_o.gif

GUI compass has two East annotations, it's missing North.

Looks fantastic! The climb fences thingy looked awesome. As did a lot of other small details. The landscape looks soo much more natural sloping than good old Sahrani where we are fighting in 45° sloping terrain. biggrin_o.gif I'm a bit worried about the trees though, I have terrible performance inside Sahrani wooden areas with everything turned down or off sad_o.gif

A couple of questions to the devs, if they have time:

1. Did I just see a flashbang? Do they have flashbang effects to those affected, and will AI use them automatically?

2. The actual grenade tossing itself, including the leaning and animation; does the AI do this by themselves or will it have to be a scripted event?

3. Will they switch to GL grip in the final version when they fire GLs? But to me this is a very minor glitch anyway, concentrate on the really important stuff first.

4. Although HALO doesn't "look good", it's nice to see it as an internal feature. Hopefully parachutes will be steereable as well? wink_o.gif

5. I noticed that some parts had weapons cursor turned on while others turned off. When turned off, will there now still be possible to have a visual lock for certain (i.e. Javelin) weapons system? Currently I have made my own addon (based on a true addon) to obtain this effect, but obviously not "accepteable" on certain servers which require keys.

Continue to make this more of a "game" out of the box, but with enough content and difficulty options to make it addon free possible for those public servers. But don't dumb it down. Us "hardcore" folks will require addons anyway to get it enough sim based to suit our needs. We will buy this anyway. But you need to attract fresh blood from CoD or whevever that might become "hardcore simmer" in the future tounge2.gif

Looks fantastic! The climb fences thingy looked awesome. As did a lot of other small details. The landscape looks soo much more natural sloping than good old Sahrani where we are fighting in 45° sloping terrain. biggrin_o.gif I'm a bit worried about the trees though, I have terrible performance inside Sahrani wooden areas with everything turned down or off sad_o.gif

A couple of questions to the devs, if they have time:

1. Did I just see a flashbang? Do they have flashbang effects to those affected, and will AI use them automatically?

2. The actual grenade tossing itself, including the leaning and animation; does the AI do this by themselves or will it have to be a scripted event?

3. Will they switch to GL grip in the final version when they fire GLs? But to me this is a very minor glitch anyway, concentrate on the really important stuff first.

4. Although HALO doesn't "look good", it's nice to see it as an internal feature. Hopefully parachutes will be steereable as well? wink_o.gif

5. I noticed that some parts had weapons cursor turned on while others turned off. When turned off, will there now still be possible to have a visual lock for certain (i.e. Javelin) weapons system? Currently I have made my own addon (based on a true addon) to obtain this effect, but obviously not "accepteable" on certain servers which require keys.

Continue to make this more of a "game" out of the box, but with enough content and difficulty options to make it addon free possible for those public servers. But don't dumb it down. Us "hardcore" folks will require addons anyway to get it enough sim based to suit our needs. We will buy this anyway. But you need to attract fresh blood from CoD or whevever that might become "hardcore simmer" in the future tounge2.gif

I think that Flashbang event is a scripted cinematic. I recognize this stuff because of too much details going on same time, , like for example that ending after credits, which is scripted cinematic too.

Yep, as much as I like the trailer, there's many of it which is scripted cinematic, and we don't see enough of 1st person action and of the micro-AI thing kickin in.

Very nice looking but lacking what will define, or not, ArmA II.

keep up the good work BIS, dont lose sight of the goal