Sign in to follow this  
Jennik

ARMA 2 In-game HD Video released

BIS already screwed A1 game by mixing US Army with US Marines

Which fit the plot of the campaign. US Army was on the island to begin with. They got pushed back and the Marines came in to help them.

I'd really, really like to engage vilas comments but can't we all just stay on topic (the video)?

This is getting on my nervs. Open an own thread with something like "omg wtf!!!1111 bis bash nr.1000 you don't have the right cup of coffee on that table" and please (!wink_o.gif stay out of this one.

The tedious ranting and such stops or the thread gets closed, which would be a shame for those who cause such things.....

Last warning, I do not like to be ignored, it makes my ego cry.

The tedious ranting and such stops or the thread gets closed, which would be a shame for those who cause such things.....

Last warning, I do not like to be ignored, it makes my ego cry.

Sorry for my comments out of topic sad_o.gif

realism matters

lets give Garands to americans in ACU

Placebo already said it but once again and to make that clear, especially for vilas:

It's enough now, really. Since months all you are doing is bashing BIS for their oh-so-horrible and unrealistic simulation. Whenever you see a chance, you spam threads with your ranting either because ArmA is sooo unrealistic or because it doesn't run that well on your PC you exclusively bought for it or or or.

This is the very last warning from my side. If you don't like ArmA2 because of that DShKM on the T-72 then simply don't buy it, it's that easy. But stop spamming these forums with your constantly complaints and rantings. I'm sick and tired of it by now.

If you want 101% realism then join the polish army and move out to iraq or afghanistan.

Quote[/b] ]BIS already screwed A1 game by mixing US Army with US Marines

Oh really? Crap not long ago I seen pictures of US Marines fighting together with US Army in iraq. Crap, the iraq war must be fake then too. banghead.gif

Stick to the topic now and take the rest to PMs where you don't bother the rest of the community.

mixing means:

Army not uses Stryker, AH1 variant used in game, M240G, army uses M240B with heat covers <there are used by Marines

like Marines have M40 instead of M24

i can add too that AKS74U in Arma uses AKMS 7.62mm PBS-1 silencer, not PBS-5 silencer from AKS74U

mixing means:

Army not uses Stryker, AH1 variant used in game, M240G, army uses M240B with heat covers <there are used by Marines

like Marines have M40 instead of M24

i can add too that AKS74U in Arma uses AKMS 7.62mm PBS-1 silencer, not PBS-5 silencer from AKS74U

WL+1, can't say you weren't warned. Stop dragging the thread off topic with your petty and trivial rantings.

Well i still think it looks beautifull and can't wait to play it.

Sure it's not perfect, but to me it looks great anyway.

Look around you in life, you'll find nothing is perfect.

What i've seen/heard in the video is

-a more convincing general color scheme

-good sound

-a lot better/more functional grass

-functional carry wounded animation

-a seemingly better worked out "gamestyle", looks like the campaign might be a lot more fun then Arma's. Also i think they'll have more time to work on the campaign this time over.

-segmentational building destruction

-some very nice looking vehicles

So to me it's quite simple: go BIS. Don't let the realism whores get you down and just make us a great game.

What a bunch of crazy nutters we all are, all getting our knickers in a twist about a game...I love it!!! biggrin_o.gif

Arma2 is looking very exciting and I loved the video trailer (in all it's HD glory). Nice little demonstration of what is to come, and I'm sure like most trailers, it's trying to show what it's capable of and not the finished product. It should have been popularly termed as a teaser to save on all the 'emotion' and 'bad blood'. I've read in a few of the developers posts that this is W.I.P. (Work In Progress). It's obvious that this post is (ahem) a bit off topic now so I'll get back to what I wanted to say...

Looking good, though obviously not polished and a few place-holders; overall though it's got me excited and a whole lot of people in an emotional tizzy. What more could a company want in terms of promotion and marketing...

In the immortal words of Swiss Toni "Making a computer game is like making love to a beautiful woman..." Lets all relax, and wait and see what happens. Besides there are more important things happening in the world right now that we should all be far more concerned about (Important News )! wink_o.gif

Really like the new pick up animation and the movement (though it is a tiny bit vomit inducing). Can't wait for more...'NEED MORE INPUT!'

BIS ROKZ OK! thumbs-up.gif

I have 3 very easy and quick questions:

Could any of the visiting BIS-ers shed more light on the revival feature please?

1. Will we be able to turn it off in Difficulty options?

2. Will the character be always "reviv-able"?

Lets say if the character is hit in the head by a .50cal - which must be inevitable death in 99% of cases - will he be revivable then? In other words is this feature applied indiscriminately, regardless of the type of injury?

3. Is mobility and accuracy of the character affected after being revived? I cannot help but harp back to the "realism" factor. If the character is immobilized and needs revival then it's unlikely he'll be able to spring back to his feet immediately after revival is complete, like it happens for example in BF2.

The revival feature can potentially change ArmA game dynamics irreversably, where Rambo tactics aren't punishable. It might turn ArmA into BF2 with its insane headlong charges and magic resurrections.  

In my opinion if the feature is available there should be a two stage process. First the character is stabilized then he will have to wait in lying position to recover from the wound to become mobile again. But the mobility, speed and accuracy of moves shouldn't be restored to the full potential. It still sounds far-fetched realism-wise. I mean if the injury to the character was heavy enough to knock him down and required medical attention, I doubt such a person would even be able to move independedly in real life. Ya, ya, it's a game but it's also ArmA/OFP wink_o.gif don't forget that...

Quote[/b] ]Lets all relax, and wait and see what happens. Besides there are more important things happening in the world right now that we should all be far more concerned about (Important News )!

Jeez! I thought the link was going to be about the murder-mystery weekend at that hotel in India, but it took me from this off topic weapons nerd-fest to a story about a lifestyle-sim nerd-fest!!!! crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Anyways, the game looks cool; not in an XBox kind of way, all slick and filmic, but in a way that you know it's going to be vast and complicated.  Since I found OFP in a bargain bin years ago, I haven't been able to play anything else.  Too many titles are franchise based, flashy, one-dimensional, with easy and predictable gameplay/environments these days (I sound like an old fart).  The companies involved do not rate the buyer/player.  Their sole focus is on the accounts department, being more interested in number of units sold in the first week than whether the buyer will still be playing it in a years time.  Check the 'Poochie' episode of The Simpsons. wink_o.gif

Nice to see BIS are still able to keep the purse holders at arms length when it comes to development.

I'm imagining the cities and towns will have come on a bit since ARMA.  The anim for stepping over a wall is a welcoming site (weird what gets you going!(oo-er)).

Can't wait. smile_o.gif

sechs..

The vid looks great, the game even better, cant wait for this one. looks like i will have to dig into the bank account for an upgrade.

i hope this time BIS won't write on game box "most realistic battlefield simulating software" "total military realism"

OFP was great for it's time

Arma is shit as software (many many people left communiy because of game behaviour on PC, c.t.d., hdr pulsing, vga overheating etc.) and game

Vilas.... one day you said that I am kid... looks like not everyone changes. So this time... Vilas,

Could you please shut your mouth? I am really tired of your endless whinning and complaining. Don't like it? Get lost. Instead of those endless spam you should make a Polish army pack, many countries have their own Army in Arma as a full pack with replacement, how about Poland?

You know what that mean to be a Gentleman? It means more than to be marine or ranger.

Vultar which part of "Stick to the topic now and take the rest to PMs where you don't bother the rest of the community." you don't understand?

This thread is closed now.