Sign in to follow this  
Jennik

ARMA 2 In-game HD Video released

i want NSVT/KORD on T90

DSHK on T90 means ignorance !!!

BIS made wrong T72 in Arma, and remaking old errors is not funny

i offered them even my model - they don't answered

goddamn BIS, why the hell DSHK on T90!!!!!

i want realistic models, not fantasy !!!!

or release MLODS with game to improve it by addonmakers as soon as possible

BIS didn't answer? Lemme do it:

Quote[/b] ]Hello Vilas,

As you know community want us to make Arma2 as good as possible, that's why we can't take your model.

Quote[/b] ]onvinced that they have optics/aiming systems to engage with accuracy at ranges above 1500-2000m

Are you a T90A or NATO tank gunner, aren't you?

It is almost pointless to argue about tank weapon and defensive systems. My bet goes that ArmA2 still won't simulate vehicle combat very accurately. Russian defensive systems won't do much good against air attacks or modern AT-missiles like Javelins which strike the tank from above.

I would like to see more visual presentations of the actual damage. Like a lost track or a flat tire.

Quote[/b] ]onvinced that they have optics/aiming systems to engage with accuracy at ranges above 1500-2000m

Of course not...but I saw a documentary about 1st Gulf War and m1 gunners said they engaged at 3.000m whyle iraquis did at 1.500m Numbers soid that Americans lost 3 or 4 tanks and the Iraquis more than a hundred.

If you go to the military market you would find that russian tanks are quite cheaper than the western tanks...that can give someone a clue about quality.

I think that russian military doctrine is to put massive quantities of med-quality tanks instead of putting fewer of high-quality tanks...one of the reasons why they won the Great Patriotic War.

Of course not...but I saw a documentary about 1st Gulf War and m1 gunners said they engaged at 3.000m whyle iraquis did at 1.500m Numbers soid that Americans lost 3 or 4 tanks and the Iraquis more than a hundred.

If you go to the military market you would find that russian tanks are quite cheaper than the western tanks...that can give someone a clue about quality.

I think  that russian military doctrine is to put massive quantities of med-quality tanks instead of putting fewer of high-quality tanks...one of the reasons why they won the Great Patriotic War.

Those iraqi tanks, lol old t-72's (the good ones by iraqi standards) and t-55's should not be compared with the M1A2, the t-90 is much superior in many ways, including it's defense system, distance travel capacity, and agility. Yes, the m1a2 is probably better at extremely long range, but that doesn't matter in a non-desert (the majority of the world) environment. M1A2's are so inefficient they must be refueled in the middle of battle sometimes.

Nice trailer, way better than publishers cut smile_o.gif Here are my first thoughts :

+ graphics look really good with new shaders.

+ I like new sounds ( M4 and PKM sounds top notch)

+ Ability to climb over low fences, great !

+ Hand signals ! sweet

- Some animations still looks poor, same old death animations sad_o.gif if ragdoll is impossible make at least more death animations for some variety, it's immersion killer when You kill 3 enemy soldier with one saw burst and they all do the same "synchronic twist drop" and land in the very same position on the ground :/

- empty shells still appears 10 cm from to the ejector and vertically drop to the ground, I know it is nitpicking but it looks really bad in 2009 realistic infantry simulator :/

- Explosions still looks weird, Hopefully Madmatt will fix it wink_o.gif

- Same "tab,kill,tab,kill,tab,kill" aiming system in choppers sad_o.gif Choppers in ArmA are antitank machineguns with aimbot implemented sad_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Just curious, what's weird about them?

biggrin_o.gif

I dont know how to explain it smile_o.gif I just prefer explosions from Your mod to ArmA1, ArmA 2 explosions don't look real, they're kinda slow, there is to many fire in them and there are some weird fireball postdetonations few meter away from vehicle. And still, You can clearly see vehicle turning into "destroyed model" and 0.5 sacond later we can see slow explosion.

I think the destroyed models look a hell of a lot better than the last one's. They may still be unrealistic, but they are much more believable than arma.

Quote[/b] ]Of course not...but I saw a documentary about 1st Gulf War and m1 gunners said they engaged at 3.000m whyle iraquis did at 1.500m

Well, at first, as it was said, Iraqis own only primitive export versions of T72As (which are 2nd gen. tanks themselves). In this regard, even T64B(V) is much better, not to say about T80, which is far more superior machine. Also watch the indexes on soviet tanks - T72, T72A and T72B(V) are not exactly the same tanks, one version can differ from another with more advanced gun, better armor, capabilities etc.

T90 is not "just modernized" T72 as someone may think, as is it got total overhaul of its aiming systems, main gun, armor etc. Yes, in base it's still T72 chasis, but it's not an old T72.

T90A received further modernization, getting new welded turret, more advanced thermal imager and more powerful engine. Plus add Shtora counter ATGM defence, which is not ultimate, but useful addition, especially for urban operations.

To conclude my thoughts - I'm not gonna say "Abrams is shit" - as it's obviously not, but T90/A is a serious counterpart to most advanced western tanks. Next time you should inform yourself more about capabilities of russian arms industry.

Quote[/b] ]Of course not...but I saw a documentary about 1st Gulf War and m1 gunners said they engaged at 3.000m whyle iraquis did at 1.500m

Well, at first, as it was said, Iraqis own only primitive export versions of T72As (which are 2nd gen. tanks themselves). In this regard, even T64B(V) is much better, not to say about T80, which is far more superior machine. Also watch the indexes on soviet tanks - T72, T72A and T72B(V) are not exactly the same tanks, one version can differ from another with more advanced gun, better armor, capabilities etc.

T90 is not "just modernized" T72 as someone may think, as is it got total overhaul of its aiming systems, main gun, armor etc. Yes, in base it's still T72 chasis, but it's not an old T72.

T90A received further modernization, getting new welded turret, more advanced thermal imager and more powerful engine. Plus add Shtora counter ATGM defence, which is not ultimate, but useful addition, especially for urban operations.

To conclude my thoughts - I'm not gonna say "Abrams is shit" - as it's obviously not, but T90/A is a serious counterpart to most advanced western tanks. Next time you should inform yourself more about capabilities of russian arms industry.

I´m neither telling that T-90 is a bad tank...russians do great tanks...but the questions is in what level they are great...

As I said, russians prefer to put 3-4 goods tanks on the battlefiled than 1 very good tank...that makes them strategically supperior but tactically is another story.

Russians sumtimes go crazy about having such amount of tanks and do some stupid things like the they did at the first Battle of Grozny.

It also doesnt matter so much wich tank is better if the difference is not overwhelming...a experienced crew can beat another tank/s crewed by newbes...as germans did on the first stages of Barbarrosa when they had to face t34 and KVs with their "tin cans" PIII..

In what regards crew protection I think we all should agree that T-90 is not up on the list....to say the less. We may agree for example that Challenger 2 could be top on the list for that..

There should be a thread in the offtopic section about east vs western tanks, I'm so bored of reading all that over and over again...

There should be a thread in the offtopic section about east vs western tanks, I'm so bored of reading all that over and over again...

Yup. But you know what? AK is soooo much better than M16 wink_o.gif

Sorry couldn't resist sad_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

I dont know how to explain it smile_o.gif I just prefer explosions from Your mod to ArmA1, ArmA 2 explosions don't look real, they're kinda slow, there is to many fire in them and there are some weird fireball postdetonations few meter away from vehicle. And still, You can clearly see vehicle turning into "destroyed model" and 0.5 sacond later we can see slow explosion.

There was somewhere a BIS guy who said that the explosions aren't final and that they're still waiting for some routines from the coders... or something... biggrin_o.gif

There was somewhere a BIS guy who said that the explosions aren't final and that they're still waiting for some routines from the coders... or something... biggrin_o.gif

I keep my fingers crossed smile_o.gif

I keep my fingers crossed smile_o.gif

Yes, tanks should not explode, they should cook-off like in RL and in the Bill2 hit Video posted numerous times here.

Of course Turrets from T72 like tanks should fly high in the air if ammo-compartment was hit - just like in RL tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

This would mean even better effects for "the eye" and also sticking very close to realism - what a "simulation" is all about, isn't it?

I could also be very eye candy to see a emergency bail-out animation.

Of course! Just another example about what i'm always telling:

"Real-Life like" effects are the most breath-taking available anyway.

Nothing will look more awesome than a real-life copied effect from hit/destruction/cook-off/etc.

And nothing is more "simple". No-one need to "imagine" something out of his thoughts - no, just look dozens of War footages and copy the effects - et voila, breath-taking and very awesome.

Imagine a hit UAZ/Civiilian car which will slowly catch fire when hit at fueltank... then the fire expands over the whole car which finally let it burn like hell.

This would look x-times more awesome than an UAZ exploding after hit by small-arms fore AND it would stick to realism - isn't that simple?

wink_o.giftounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Of course! Just another example about what i'm always telling:

"Real-Life like" effects are the most breath-taking available anyway.

Nothing will look more awesome than a real-life copied effect from hit/destruction/cook-off/etc.

And nothing is more "simple". No-one need to "imagine" something out of his thoughts - no, just look dozens of War footages and copy the effects - et voila, breath-taking and very awesome.

Imagine a hit UAZ/Civiilian car which will slowly catch fire when hit at fueltank... then the fire expands over the whole car which finally let it burn like hell.

This would look x-times more awesome than an UAZ exploding after hit by small-arms fore AND it would stick to realism - isn't that simple?

wink_o.gif  tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I would look even better if UAZ/Civilian just became immobile after geting some small arms fire, maybe some black dense smoke pouring from under the hood. Flat tire instad of "arma 1 black wheel texture" would be great too smile_o.gif.

Cars should only explode after beeing hit by HE tank shell, hellfire etc. and sometimes after beeing hit by the AT or after many high caliber hits.

Yes even better, i was just pointing out one "possible" thing when for instance the fuel-tank is hit...

This HE warhead from german Panzerfaust RPG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5U71jQwrw

Doesn't this looks absolutely awesome? And the after-effects (flames loitering from all around) are even better.

I see many of us perceive the blowing up vehicles too much hollywood-like. For this particular case I remember one episode of a famous Discovery Channel program in wich they shot the fuel tank of a car directly with several guns and with no success in turning the vehicle in flames...

About the blown-up car...almost anything can be done in 3D but you need polygons...the poly count for a decent model like that car can go wild. This is very important is the very reason why destroyed vehicles look so simple and disapear after a whyle (when they can be very usefull cover).

Fire is also a quite difficult effect to represent properly just with particles...most of the fires in CGI are post-pro....it is aswell something you will find in almost any battle and since...I´ve see no game to properly display it...Itsnt it odd that when can have a hell of a battle in any town in ARMA and jet there is not a single building burning? The particle/physics system in ARMA needs a good upgrade IMHO... for example... I have only see it display sprites (dont know if they are procedural) but not mesh instances...that could help a lot with the damagind/exploding effects with a lesser impact on performance than finding good flames. Also I think they should try to find the way to blacken the terrain/buildings in the vicinity of a burning vehicle.

xmas_o.gif

This is very important is the very reason why destroyed vehicles look so simple and disapear after a whyle (when they can be very usefull cover).

last time I checked vehicles only disappear when they're scripted to disappear. Ive played games in ofp and ArmA for hours and the vehicles have stayed.

In warefare and other missions yes they do but hardcoded into the game, they stay.

I'm sure Bohemia has alot of work to do before ArmAII release because what we've seen in the video is nothing different from the original ArmA, the so called micro AI is having difficulty finding targets with his PK in the middle of the road. when selecting and locking to targets with something like the javelin or even the helicopters, can it not be simulated as real life like.